Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? (7143 Views)

Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2011? / What Are your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2009? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by abdurrazaq(m): 10:28am On Dec 27, 2010
Omo Naija - Jahmix Feat. Terry G., 9ice and M.I
Oleku - Ice Prince Feat. Brymo
Rhyme Tite - Modenine
123 Hiphop Remix - DJ Neptune Feat. M. I, Naeto C and Da Grin
Baby I got it - Femi Feat. Eedris Abdulkareem
Successful PMix - Naeto C
Alujo - OD (Overdose)
If you want me - Mo'Cheddah Feat. Othelo (Don't know if this can be classified as pure hiphop though)

I wasn't listening to radio this year as I used to do in the past maybe, that's why there aren't too many options this year unlike last year that paraded great rap songs like:
Owo ati swagger remix and Sample remix and some other great hits. 2010 showcases a lot of non-hiphop hits though, like:
Gbamu gbamu - 9ice
Facebook love - Essence Feat. Jaywon
You know it - Goldie Feat. M.I
Show some love - 9ice Feat. Nneka
Bo kini yen - 9ice
and many more , . . . .

Worthy of Mention:
Thank you - Da Grin Feat. Omawunmi (Maybe due to his 'untimely' death, this enjoy massive rotation in the year)
Eran Ibiye - Bamsyle. (You'll love this as your first listen even, if you're not a fan of diss tracks)

Cool.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by tosinaded(m): 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2010
abdurrazaq:

Omo Naija - Jahmix Feat. Terry G., 9ice and M.I
Oleku - Ice Prince Feat. Brymo
Rhyme Tite - Modenine
123 Hiphop Remix - DJ Neptune Feat. M. I, Naeto C and Da Grin
Baby I got it - Femi Feat. Eedris Abdulkareem
Successful PMix - Naeto C
Alujo - OD (Overdose)
If you want me - Mo'Cheddah Feat. Othelo (Don't know if this can be classified as pure hiphop though)

I wasn't listening to radio this year as I used to do in the past maybe, that's why there aren't too many options this year unlike last year that paraded great rap songs like:
Owo ati swagger remix and Sample remix and some other great hits. 2010 showcases a lot of non-hiphop hits though, like:
Gbamu gbamu - 9ice
Facebook love - Essence Feat. Jaywon
You know it - Goldie Feat. M.I
Show some love - 9ice Feat. Nneka
Bo kini yen - 9ice
and many more , . . . .
Worthy of Mention:
Thank you - Da Grin Feat. Omawunmi (Maybe due to his 'untimely' death, this enjoy massive rotation in the year)
Eran Ibiye - Bamsyle. (You'll love this as your first listen even, if you're not a fan of diss tracks)

Cool.

take the bolded part to ;ast year! we dont need it
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by tosinaded(m): 6:28pm On Dec 27, 2010
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by suze(f): 12:32am On Dec 28, 2010
In no particular order:
Ice prince-oleku, Kas-fimile, Dbanj-endowed, Prince-Omoba, Ikechukwu-critical, Ikechukwu-Now is the time, Dr Sid-pop champagne, Dr Sid-something about u,Dbanj-scape goat, 2face-Implication
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by rapjunkie(m): 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2010
How una dey?. . . .i don dey chop better turkey since. . . . burp!!!

Now, following serious deliberation, the Rapjunkie Congress Committee is putting its final touches on the track listing for the NL mixtape.

So please keep your suggestions coming. . . . .
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by aldon: 12:05am On Dec 29, 2010
1.Heartbreak - RUGGEDMAN
2.Korrect rmx - PHEROSHUZ FT CHOCBOIS & 2SHOTS
3.Champion - GENERAL PYPYE FT VARIOUS ARTISTE
4. Oleku - ICEPRINCE FT BRYMO
5. Emi ni - RUGGEDMAN FT DAGRIN
6. Owo kudi ego - POPE
7. Take u away - BOUQUI FT 4CORNERS
8. She n my swagga - RUGGEDMAN FT ICEPRINCE
9. 123 Hip hop - DJ NEPTUNE FT MI DAGRIN NAETO C
10. Fimile rmx - DARKPOET
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by baggage: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2010
talking about hiphop, people's top ten songs will always vary, u guyz should check out www.hoodcraft..com for real naija hiphop news. hv u heard of show dem camp?
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by yoji: 10:59am On Dec 29, 2010
1:oleku-ice prince
2:omoba-da prince
3:noni-samklef
4:pump it up-jesse jagz
5:we no be novice-pherowshuz
6:drinks in a glass-OD
7:oti ya were-terry feat MI
8:tease me-wizkid
9:janglover-jimmy flames
10:baby I got it-femi
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by 04kaa: 12:41pm On Dec 29, 2010
yoji:

2:omoba-da prince
3:noni-samklef
4:pump it up-jesse jagz

8:tease me-wizkid
9:janglover-jimmy flames
10:baby I got it-femi

oh my goodness, do these p people know the meaning of hiphop, rapjunkie, na the hiphop songs wey u wan put be this, na wa o
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by audio: 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2010
Okay. My Top 10. But 1st, a disclaimer.
I don't think 2010 was that good a year for Nigerian Hiphop. Very few stand out moments. Even the great Messiah's MI, Mode 9 and RuggedMan didn't save it for me.
These tracks are the ones i liked the most, that i actually listened to. I'm sure they're some great tracks hidden in albums somewhere, but since i didn't hear them, i can't comment.
Two tracks also just missed out. I like their hooks, but as soon as the rap starts, i fast forward, which is not a good sign.
Anyway, in no particular order, here goes:

1. Olamide - E Ni Duro (Love this track. Can listen to it all day and not get tired, even though i can't understand everything he's saying. Great video too)
2. JahBless feat Lord of Ajasa - Jor ( Saw this on Soundcity and instantly liked it. downloaded it the next day. Still on my Ipod)
3. K16 - Oya (A K16 track that i really liked. Saw him perform it live as well at CARGO. Has strong crossover appeal)
4. RuggedMan feat Chinaydu - Here comes Chinaydu (Banging hiphop track. I'm a bit hot and cold on rugged, but the combo was too much. Great track)
5. K16 feat Unseen - School Daze ( Still on my IPod 8 months later. K16's best track to date for me. Enuff said)
6. Ice Prince feat Brymo - Oleku (No point saying anything. On every playlist everywhere)
7. Pherowshuz - Correct (It's been a while, but over the year, this song has to make my list. Really liked it)
8. Pryse - Kolo (Saw this girl at the Bang Mode 9 show. I think she's Nigeria's best female rapper at the moment. You can quote me)
9. DJ Neptune ft MI, Naeto C and DaGrin - 123 remix (To be honest, not to crazy about this song, but i want it to make the list, cause DaGrin shines on it)
10. Mr Raw Nwanne feat Ransome, Minista Busta and Phyno - Turu Ugo ( One of the best ibo rap collaborations i've heard. Ransome kills it)

So there you have it. These are the ones i want to enter.
Listen for yourself and see if you agree with me.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by ucheemmanuel(m): 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2010
In no particular other
1.Saucekid-barz r us
2.Saucekid ft killz-the truest
3.Modenine ft kraft, blaise and joe spasm-down
4.Modenine ft overdose-downtown
5.Modenine-rhyme tight
6.Killz-am back
7.Joe spasm ft saucekid-boys are not smillin
8.ill bliss ft tha suspect-capital anthem
9.ice prince ft brymo-oleku
10.iceprince ft jberg and muna-wan test us
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by DisGuy: 12:23am On Dec 30, 2010
subscribing

there i was asking for a thread for 2010 in the old thread
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by 04kaa: 8:55am On Dec 30, 2010
rapjunkie send me ur email addy , let me send u the nl finest joint ft krayola chamotex and co for possible inclusion, send it privately to punchlinee@yahoo.com
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by tosinaded(m): 9:47am On Dec 30, 2010
Saucekid - roger that
ghetto p - i am here now
terry ft sauce - boiz are not smiling
modenine - rhyme tite
pope - fela sample
AQ - jimmy's jump off
vector - di mi mu
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by 04kaa: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2010
tosinaded@:

vector - di mi mu

tosin can u send this to me.  up am for your 4shared.as my xmas gift sad sad sad grin
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by tosinaded(m): 11:52am On Dec 30, 2010
I dnt av it o my guy!
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by 04kaa: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2010
tosinaded@:

I dnt av it o my guy!

u dont have it so how did u hear it, angonzi
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by tosinaded(m): 12:27pm On Dec 30, 2010
Guy e be like u dey madt
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by 04kaa: 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2010
tosinaded@:

Guy e be like u dey madt

no be only mad, na u don dey madt abi. angonzi grin grin thats my new yab word,, lmao angonzi
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by A40(m): 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2010
Lay Away - Sarkodie ft Sway

10 Over 10 - Naeto C

Alujo - O.D

Gotta Love me - O.D

Take It Back  - 2Face Ft Cartiair (yeah Cartiair"s part counts)

O Chukwu - Nigga Raw

Boogie Down - HHP ft Naeto C and Ameen

Enjoy - Pope

Take you away - Bouqui ft 4Korners

Bad Guy - Beazy ft Shank

Other notable mentions
Party time - Jozi
Maestro - Ibime
Eran Ibiye - Bamsyle

I had to recognize my non Naija peeps mehn! Pardon me i couldnt resist
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by rapjunkie(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2010
The final track listing is almost complete. . . . . will keep y'all posted cool
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by rapjunkie(m): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2010
@ofoka

a beg. . . .check ya inbox
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by DisGuy: 3:42pm On Jan 01, 2011
seems you gonna have to make 2 disc part grin
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by rapjunkie(m): 3:49am On Jan 02, 2011
Some Nairaland technical problems . .  ive just tried to post. . . ok i'll try again
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by rapjunkie(m): 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2011
@eldee

Everytime I try to set up a new thread to post the new 2010 mixtape, I lose my posting privileges.

Can you have a look at this for me??

Thanks. cool
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by eldee(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2011
rapjunkie:

@eldee

Everytime I try to set up a new thread to post the new 2010 mixtape, I lose my posting privileges.

Can you have a look at this for me??

Thanks. cool

Aiite . . . I could set up the thread, and you post on it . . .agreed??
And you send me what you want as the Topic in the nairalandwarcraft@yahoo.com mail ad.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by rapjunkie(m): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2011
cool
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by mykali(m): 2:34pm On Jan 02, 2011
it seems the tracks have already been listed. Lemme just list my Best 10 in no particular order. . .

1. 50 Barz of my Mind. . .Mode9
2. Oleku. . .Ice Prince/Brymo
3. Beef. . .MI
4. Rhyme tight. . .Mode9
5. Black Rap Messiah. . .Mode9
6. Champion Remix. . .Pipe n Co
7. Number One. . .MI/ Flavour
8. Jargo. . .Jesse Jagz
9. 123 Hip Hop Remix. . .MI/ Naeto C/ Da Grin
10. Nobody Test Me. . .Choc boiz

there are some tracks i've not heard which obviously pulled a lotta weight. . .so i've got some downloading to do
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? by rapjunkie(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2011
mykali:

it seems the tracks have already been listed. Lemme just list my Best 10 in no particular order. . .

1. 50 Barz of my Mind. . .Mode9
2. Oleku. . .Ice Prince/Brymo
3. Beef. . .MI
4. Rhyme tight. . .Mode9
5. Black Rap Messiah. . .Mode9
6. Champion Remix. . .Pipe n Co
7. Number One. . .MI/ Flavour
8. Jargo. . .Jesse Jagz
9. 123 Hip Hop Remix. . .MI/ Naeto C/ Da Grin
10. Nobody Test Me. . .Choc boiz

there are some tracks i've not heard which obviously pulled a lotta weight. . .so i've got some downloading to do

a bit late BUT 5 of your listed tracks made the final cut

@Eldee

Check ya inbox

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zinoleesky - Element ( Albysocial) / Vote for 2face Idibia as Best African (MTV Europe Music Awards 2005) / Naija Songs For Graduation Ceremony.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.