Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,366 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police (21322 Views)

Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown / FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun / Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by toprealman: 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2020
masterflowx:

AMOTEKUN leads, they follow...
Greece was the first to attain democracy....508-507 BC. Compare them with others that attained same status much later.
You probably started playing football before Mbape, Working Haaland...etc, but how far did you go?
Not by being the first man.....
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by Kendumazy(m): 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2020
OK naww
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by nextstep(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2020
I really like what I'm reading. No sense holding on to a union that was forced upon us without our consent or input.
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by okpalaAnambra: 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2020
MelesZenawi the real news is here
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by chinchum(m): 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2020
There is no crime to copy a template, it can even be improved. It is good to see the SE governors agreeing to this security network

2 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by CSTR2: 8:54pm On Feb 12, 2020
hannysur8:
The Yoruba race always set the pace in good things in this country, even Amotekun make Hisbah Popular
Oh shut up.
This is more refined than amotekun
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by WeRblessed(f): 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
Flexherbal:
Every life matter!

They should security their people.

You mean secure their people? I understand brother! smiley
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
MelesZenawi the real news is here

This old news.

Go and read the updated one.

Lol

You guys should really tell us una plan if this regional outfits where allowed here?

What is una motive this people
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by DenreleDave(m): 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2020
toprealman:

Greece was the first to attain democracy....501 BC Compare them with others that attained same status much later.

Igbo boy, u can keep wailing... amotekun leads, others follow follow grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by DenreleDave(m): 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2020
toprealman:

Greece was the first to attain democracy....508-507 BC. Compare them with others that attained same status much later.
You probably started playing football before Mbape, Working Haaland...etc, but how far did you go?

Igbo boy u will never stop wailing.... amotekun leads, aba boy security outfit foloows

2 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by Ojiofor: 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2020
If Fulani herdsmen defy this community policing next level na regional army we go form.

1 Like

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by Exmilitant(m): 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2020
security of lives and property is paramount but, i am not in support of regional security of any sort. i know what it means to arm civilians.... i dey talk o.
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by flokii: 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2020
This has been their plan all along.. allow Yorubas confront the Fulanis by establishing regional security outfit while they go at the back to shake hands with Fulanis and form law abiding.

It's really sad how these people don't learn from history. They keep shooting themselves in the foot with petty politics. smh.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by back2sender: 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2020
toprealman:

Greece was the first to attain democracy....501 BC Compare them with others that attained same status much later.
Amotekun leads others follow.
Come to think of it, can you compare wilhat the south west governors came up with that of the south east governors.
Amotekun Baba ooooo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by etrange: 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2020
masterflowx:

AMOTEKUN leads, they follow...

Not to sound tribal but I thought you'd simply show support the way they did towards Amotokun...
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by rummmy: 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2020
This is the change they promised us

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by prostvision2: 9:26pm On Feb 12, 2020
Igbos are bunch of noise makers they have present vice presidential ticket to them with them remain submissive to the plan of the caliphate or lose that position by going the ways of the Yoruba as igbomen that they were that will sell their own for portage decide to jettison the rightful and better way of beginning of the restructuring of the country for mere position, its now open and clear that the restructuring they follow other Nigerians to shout about is just mere talk action speak louder than voice ����

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by flokii: 9:30pm On Feb 12, 2020
J111333:
Why are these fools so scared of regionism? undecided
Having a regional security outfit would've sent a signal and possibly facilitate a referendum that the country needs now.undecided

South East was at the fore front crying blue murder, biafra, islamization, restructuring etc. blaming Yorubas for their problems in Nigeria.

Story has changed all of a sudden, now they want to work with Police and Fulanis while Yorubas will now look "bad" for declaring regional security outfit.

I always thank God for being Yoruba. It's priceless being naturally ahead.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by Awoo88: 9:32pm On Feb 12, 2020
Useless people wen no serious
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by chatinent: 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2020
Lalasticlala nwanne'm, ina a kota kwa this sign?
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by mamaafrik(m): 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2020
I told someone once,an average ibo shouting"Biafra will throway the flag when he get close to power,ironsi,ojukwu,okadigbo did same .

Na to beat chest an average ibo man knows,if there iss even a secession,no be the kind leader wey go be their President wey we don dey see as Governors so.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by klax(m): 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
Its now or never its good move but my concern now is involving those guys in undertaker uniform called police I have serious issue witb that aspect.

Joining security outfit with Nigeria police Hhhmmmm.....I reserved my comment.
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by masterflowx(m): 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2020
etrange:

Not to sound tribal but I thought you'd simply show support the way they did towards Amotokun...

You're right though...
My brothers and sisters from the east were solidly behind our governors during the launch of Amotekun.

Sorry!

But AMOTEKUN is more popular among the security outfits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by nwanwaoge(m): 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2020
I knew Umahi was a sellout.. just needed this confirmation
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by Kamanuozuzu: 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2020
hannysur8:
The Yoruba race always set the pace in good things in this country, even Amotekun make Hisbah Popular

BSS?

1 Like

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by cejaypriesty(m): 9:58pm On Feb 12, 2020
mamaafrik:
I told someone once,an average ibo shouting"Biafra will throway the flag when he get close to power,ironsi,ojukwu,okadigbo did same .

Na to beat chest an average ibo man knows,if there us even a secession,no be the kind leader wey go be President wey we dey see as Governors so
They are chest beaters and fought Nigeria for 3 years. Come to think of it,dont you think it made sense for them to form this security outfit this way so as not to be misunderstood?. Knowing fully well they are the most misunderstood group in Nigeria..I dont know how old you are but please try and be reasonable, lay aside your regional sentiment.

4 Likes

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by Flexherbal(m): 10:01pm On Feb 12, 2020
WeRblessed:

You mean secure their people? I understand brother! smiley

Yes, Boss!

I have corrected it.

1 Like

Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 12, 2020
What's the name of the proposed regional outfit?

I don't trust these particular set of eastern governors.

I sure hope they'll make good on their promise and not screw their people from the back again.
Re: South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police by obama30: 10:08pm On Feb 12, 2020
[quote author=NwekeUG post=86592751]The South East Geo-political Zone Security Summit was held at The Base Event Centre, Independence Layout, Enugu, on Wednesday,12th February, 2020.

The meeting of was held to discuss the security situation in the South East Region and had in attendance:

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State and Chairman of the South East Governors' Forum, Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State and the Deputy Governor of Imo State, Prof. Placid Njoku, the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr. Mohammed Adamu Abubakar NPM,mni

In addition to the existing security groups such as Vigilante Groups, Forest guards, Neighbourhood Watch Groups, etc, the governors of the South East agreed to have a community policing structure in which intelligence information about criminal movement and activities will be shared among the South East States.

It was resolved that the governor of each state in the South East Region is to be in charge of the welfare of the community policing structures in their respective States.

The South East governors are to hold quarterly meetings to assess the security situation of the South East region

That a community policing committee is to be set up which will comprise traditional rulers, clergy, town union leaders who will be responsible for recruiting community policing officers in each community.

The community police officers will work hand in hand with The Nigeria Police Force and other security agencies.

The Inspector General of Police will make the two newly established mobile squadron in the South East effective.

See video below

useless people, any security that report to Nigeria police is still the same as the police unity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Why Does Fulani Always Have To Rule Nigeria?" - Femi Fani-Kayode Asks / Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" / Governor Willie Obiano Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.