Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature (15456 Views)

Governor Abubakar Standing In Airport Shuttle Bus / Bauchi Governor Abubakar Donates Patrol-Vehicles To Security Operatives / Yuguda Left Empty Treasury, Destroyed Bauchi - Governor Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by bola09: 11:26pm On Dec 16, 2010
I thought I will shed some light into this issue giving a lot of comments on the US legal systems. The legal system, especially as it affects civil case move at snail's speed. So, we are talking in terms of years possibly for this case. I am sure both parties to the suits has legal representations and should be aware of what is expected if the judgement goes to the other side.

Another important thing is that when judgement is entered for a person to vacate, you will typically be giving time to tidy your affairs and move out. When you elect not to move out of the said property, you are taking a stand not against the litigant (Her spouse in this case) but against the state. The state has the interest to enforce its riling and that is what is called the "rule of law". Again, I am not making a moral judgement but she definitely has enough time to get her affairs in order to avoid the pain and the embarrassment.

As it affects how this will play going forward, none of us can say since we do not have all the facts of their relationship. If the marriage is valid according to Maryland law and Prince Audu was the breadwinner, then, he will pay though his nose in form of alimony and supports for his children. If the marriage is not recognized by the state law, then, he is only responsible for the supports of the children which assuming he is a sensible person, should not be a factor; After all, you suppose to take of your children.

1 Like

Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by ogaemma: 11:45am On Dec 17, 2010
ha ha ha the rich also cry.Let them also experience what it takes to be homeless,cold and hungry. For Audu, his pains are on the way.Big Idiotic thief.
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by BetaThings: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2010
ogaemma:

ha ha ha the rich also cry.Let them also experience what it takes to be homeless,cold and hungry. For Audu, his pains are on the way.Big Idiotic thief.
Audu and his wife (ex-first lady) "were invited to serve". Can they not continue their interaction with their people in Kogi? Must they abandon their people and the numerous "laudable first lady projects" Mrs Audu must have initiated while she was in office as first lady? Are there any Kogi under-aged children in the sun right now hawking. Yet we are concerned about people who took money and converted it to their personal use. Let the children come home and be in the same state as regular Kogi children, then I can understand their plight.

1 Like

Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by lekanbar(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2010
What a fake leader he is, he can't lead his home aright, SMH angry
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 17, 2010
Sagamite:

@Topic!

F Her.

When she was riding 4x4 feeling like a big woman in Kogi state and living in mansions she knows her pig did not work for, she did not look for pity or pity the ones that are suffering because of the loot she was enjoying.

This is the same Audu who's son did not even see £2m as a big deal as I was stating earlier:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-546215.0.html#msg7089300

I have no pity for the kids too. Why?

They are in the US, they will be alright. The government or charities will always provide for them and the provisions will be far far better than any average Kogi child can ever get or dream of because of the swine they have as a father's, Audu's, looting. They don't deserve to live in opulence. I only feel sorry for them for the few minutes they spent in the cold before the neighbours took them in.

The LovePeddler they have as a mother can go to hell for all I care. Better still, let her die of pneumonia.

hmmmmmm. i like the bolded part, but the rest was MEAN! cry cry
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by Sagamite(m): 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

hmmmmmm. i like the bolded part, but the rest was MEAN! cry cry

The kids will be fine in the US. It is not like if it is their birthright to live in opulence. They will get fed, clothed and have a shelter. That they are entitled to at the least.

The mother, I will want her to live and die the miserable life 70% of Kogi live. Women that struggle most times of their lives, having little options but to drop their self-dignity by going with men to survive and many die of unidentified and treatable ailments (most likely cancer or even a fever) due to lack of healthcare or even education because swines like Audu want to be rich beyond their ability and their wives enjoy the benefits of these loot.

She most likely even looked down on these women and lived pompously like if she was an achiever for having the criminally funded life she lived.
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by Eemah(m): 5:37am On Dec 18, 2010
Na wa o !!!

Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by Anaegboka(m): 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2010
What of thousands of kogi indigenes who have no place to call their home, goes to bed without food daily, cannot send their children to school, dies from malaria, cannot get drinking water, dies daily on the bad roads all of which she was aware of when she was first lady? What did she do to make that heartless thief she calls a husband change? Now she is at the recieving end of his heartless nature she wants pity. I wish similar fate befalls all past and present first ladies at whatever level.
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by SapeleGuy: 12:12am On Dec 19, 2010
If this isn't a clear case of laundering public funds, I don't know what is. This man and his wives should be in jail.
Unfortunately, Nigerians like selective justice and will always chase shadows.
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by wazobiang: 1:06pm On Dec 19, 2010
easy come, easy go.
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by Goldenmeda(m): 10:30am On Dec 20, 2010
dis is unfair
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by whatawhat: 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2010
lol
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by Tolulop001(f): 10:26pm On Jan 19, 2011
the woman no try

when her colleagues were packing money en masse from non existent schemes labelled women affairs where she dey! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by isalegan2: 1:44pm On May 29, 2013
I was reading the story, and found this old update.

Former Governors wife Loses Divorce case
September 11, 2011

. . .As for child support and custody claims, Prince Audu challenged the paternity of the third child which was conceived about 4 months before the quarrel manifested. Audu claimed that his suspicion that his was had been cheating on him up to the point of getting pregnant from a lover is strong.

Despite her protestations, the court finally issued an order compelling Mrs Audu to submit the child (a girl) for DNA test to prove paternity.

The DNA report sighted by elombah.com says: "The alleged father is excluded as the biological father of the tested child. This conclusion is based on the non-matching alleles observed at the loci listed above with a PI equal to 0. The alleged father lacks the genetic markers that must be contributed to the child by the biological father. The probability of paternity is 0%." (see the DNA certificate below)

Sources say the test result shocked Audu - the child was not his! Based on that, Audu has gone ahead to request paternity test for the two older children from Aisha (two boys).

. . .American lawyers say Mrs. Audu remains married to Prince Audu since the court specifically suggested that she should go back to Nigeria to get a divorce there, especially as evidence in court showed that she was able to get divorce in Nigerian courts from her two previous marriages (one to one Mr. Lawal).

This however is a delicate position, legal experts say. It means that Mrs. Audu is caught up in a tight position where she cannot remarry, as she remains married to Audu, and will be committing adultery if she lives with other men.

Sources also say Mrs. Audu has recently converted to Christianity and is even said to have established a Church of her own in Maryland.

Another significant implication is that Mrs. Audu would now have to find somewhere else to divorce her husband, starting with Nigeria as the best jurisdiction. Further, the decision of the court rejecting her petition means that she is not entitled to the millions of dollars she had expected by way of alimony and property distribution.

. . .At the hearing, both parties introduced several documents into evidence to substantiate its side of the case. Audu introduced photographs of his former wife (Habiba), including one that shows Aisha in the same picture as Habiba who bore 5 grown children for Audu. The court was surprised when Aisha claimed she never met Habiba.

A photo showing her together with Habiba who wore her wedding ring in the photo, seemed to have disturbed the court greatly and raised doubts as to Aisha's credibility.

. . .Legal pundits insist Mrs. Aisha Audu, has certainly lost a lot of grounds.
Mutual contacts say she lost the support of several friends. "For instance, initially, many of Audu's friends had tried to prevail on him to find a way to reach an amicable settlement and even reconcile with Aisha. But most of them gave up the effort to reconcile them when they realized that Aisha had indeed gotten pregnant from another man while married to Audu, as evidenced in the paternity test", elombah.com was told.

"Why did Aisha rush to the American court when she ought to have known that Audu might probably challenge paternity", a friend asked rhetorically. Adding that "a paternity challenge is actually the most significant defense a man has to a child support petition in America."

Though he said Audu had admitted that even though he suspected his wife to be cheating on him, he might never have gone public with the matter on his own. But when forced to the court in America, there was nothing left to protect and he had to demonstrate that his wife had been a "bad wife".

Sources close to Mrs Audu say she actually considers the court ruling a victory. But if she goes ahead to ask the court for a reconsideration, the end of this long drawn family battle will not end soon.

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=173221119422954

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by bloggernaija: 4:39pm On May 29, 2013
Who buys a house under the name of a company if not thieving politicians and corrupt businessmen.it is only the children that I pity.even then, they grow up to become like the children of other thieving politician you see all over nigeria.
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by saganuwa: 7:07pm On May 29, 2013
Seeking public sympathy. Hmm its effective especially with some dumb nigerians

1 Like

Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by otokx(m): 8:47pm On May 29, 2013
Lazy shameless woman, are you the first wife? Go get a job & stop living off stolen Nigerian money.

1 Like

Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by kedunaija(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2015
Kogi state Governor elect Abubakar Audu has been declared dead. the kogi state governorship aspirant who emerged winner after the election had been declared inconclusive.
Prince Abubakar Audu the All Progressive Congress governorship candidate, who was waiting to be declared the winner of the election instead Mr Abubakar was declared dead a few hour later.
http://www.tellnaija.com.ng/the-cause-of-kogi-state-governor-elect-abubakar-audus-death/
Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by EgunMogaji2: 2:22am On Jul 20, 2022
Nollywood should make this into a movie �

2 Likes

Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by GloriousGbola: 7:25am On Jul 20, 2022
EgunMogaji2:
Nollywood should make this into a movie �

The real irony is that the woman was your typical out of control naija first lady. A Goddess onto herself, shitting on the entire state worker structure in a show of sexually transmitted authority

My missus is from that state, her mum worked in the civil service, and when I shared this with them they had a very very very good laugh.

It was a Nollywood story true true

I know the story sweet you small sha(outside of the kids). Woman thought she was going to hammer, but the man was way ahead of her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature by EgunMogaji2: 9:56am On Jul 20, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The real irony is that the woman was your typical out of control naija first lady. A Goddess onto herself, shitting on the entire state worker structure in a show of sexually transmitted authority

My missus is from that state, her mum worked in the civil service, and when I shared this with them they had a very very very good laugh.

It was a Nollywood story true true

I know the story sweet you small sha(outside of the kids). Woman thought she was going to hammer, but the man was way ahead of her.

Life is a great teacher.

Almost every single thing I own even in Nigeria is under a business name.

I got remarried recently, localman did simple Nikkai ni o. No court no authorities cheesy

The only absurd thing in that story is how she seemingly didn’t stash wealth away in her name. Or maybe she used it to pay lawyers. Because she was fighting a calculative, shrewd opponent. A master planner cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#bringbackourgirls: Security Forces know Their Motive – Marilyn / Nigerian Quarantined In Hong Kong Over Ebola / President Buhari's Easter Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.