Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,052 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Differences In Toyota Matrix - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Differences In Toyota Matrix (5867 Views)

The Differences Between 4, 6, 8, 12… Cylinders / Squeaky Noise From Engine Belt Area In Toyota Camry 2013 / Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differences In Toyota Matrix by Babalawoniger: 9:59pm On Feb 12, 2020
Please, I will like to know the differences between Toyota matrix standard, xr and xrs. And which is the best among?
Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by San2ski(m): 10:13pm On Feb 12, 2020
I also want to know. Lemme take my seat
Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by godofuck231: 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
XR - extreme rally XRS-extreme rally sport XRS2- extreme rally sport 2 mostly 4wd

4 Likes

Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by Babalawoniger: 10:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
Thanks
But I still want to know more in details
godofuck231:
XR - extreme rally
XRS-extreme rally sport
XRS2- extreme rally sport 2 mostly 4wd
Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by godofuck231: 7:10am On Feb 14, 2020
Babalawoniger:
Thanks
the higher the spec the more advanced the car, tese cars are meant for sport racing and cross over activities, more durable than the normal corolla

4 Likes

Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by dicksonadams(m): 10:51am On Feb 14, 2020
Babalawoniger:
Thanks

They are all the same, the ride rough due to back torsion beam suspension setup,

Higher ground clearance Than a corrola and more head room. The only thing of different will be the one with the 4wd.

Cc boss nurey and HeavenlyBang for better professional comparison

1 Like

Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by nurey(m): 12:43pm On Feb 14, 2020
Babalawoniger:
Please, I will like to know the differences between Toyota matrix standard, xr and xrs. And which is the best among?

XR is extreme rally

XRS is extreme rally sport.

the XRS is a 4wheek drive, 2.4L engine with 4 disc brakes while

XR is either FWD or AWD as optional and drum at rear but depending on region Sha. It is 1.8L engine.

depending on region the XRS can be had in auto or manual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by Alvin007: 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
Since everyone has tried explaining...lemme just add this/these;
The Matrix...is called the 'Toyota Corolla Matrix'
It was produced to capture the hearts of the young ones.
Aestethics:
The 'Base' trim..i.e the standard matrix which is supposedly the cheapest, has less features...unlike the 'XR' 'XRS' and 'Sport' trim.(The first generation had no sport trim tho).
The Base trim has black door handles and side mirrors, regardless of the color of the vehicle. Some base trims also do not come with a rear glass wiper, inverter charging port, automatic side mirror controls..etc. It also doesn't come with bumper spoilers. Hence, it appears smaller than the Xr and Xrs.
The 'Xr'; This is the next expensive matrix that comes with an inverter charging port, rear glass wipers, automatic side mirror controls, bumper spoilers, matching side mirror and door handle colours, etc
Ps; The xr and the base trim both come with a 1.8L in-line 4 cylinder '1zz-fe' Toyota engine. (You'd find this engine in the Corolla, Pontiac vibe, etc)
The Xrs, is very similar to the xr, and it's supposedly the most expensive matrix. It shares the same body with the xr, but has a bigger engine(2.4L i4)...which enables it rev as high as 8x1000rpm(high revving)...But, a recall was made on the manual transmission Xrs, for having a clutch kit failure...oga Nurey has explained most of these differences...but, it's mostly manual..depending on the region..
Sadly, it was discontinued in 2014, and Toyota chose to focus more on the Corolla, because she recorded a decline in the sales of the Matrix.
Also, the differences in the prices, regarding the various trims, are almost totally neglected in the nigerian auto markets.
0-100km is a few seconds later than a Corolla, coz it's heavier than a corolla. Hence, it also consumes a lil more fuel, than its Corolla counterpart.
I hope this helps..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by naijadrivablog: 12:32am On Feb 10, 2021
nurey:

XR is extreme rally

XRS is extreme rally sport.

the XRS is a 4wheek drive, 2.4L engine with 4 disc brakes while

XR is either FWD or AWD as optional and drum at rear but depending on region Sha. It is 1.8L engine.

depending on region the XRS can be had in auto or manual.

Baba, do you advise one to buy a '04 Toyota Matrix XR (5-speed MANUAL tranny)?

On carrying out research, I read that the manual tranny fails easily. How true pls

I checked out a clean 9ja used one for someone, test drove it and all gears select well, the only issue is that the engine doesn't fire well (as in, I depressed the accelerator down flat but the "movement" isn't that responsive, especially on an incline. But it picks at times. Upon probe, I found it it has been ringed "once". It doesn't smoke though just the " laziness" to move.

A good buy for a MANUAL drive?

Diportivo, TPOUND.
Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by nurey(m): 9:38am On Feb 10, 2021
naijadrivablog:

On carrying out research, I read that the manual tranny fails easily. How true pls

I checked out a clean 9ja used one for someone, test drove it and all gears select well, the only issue is that the engine doesn't fire well (as in, I depressed the accelerator down flat but the "movement" isn't that responsive, especially on an incline. But it picks at times. Upon probe, I found it it has been ringed "once". It doesn't smoke though just the " laziness" to move.

Diportivo, TPOUND.

yes it's a good buy for manual drive as long as the engine is okay. (no smoke, sludge etc)
Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by TPound(m): 12:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
naijadrivablog:

Diportivo, TPOUND.

Never heard of a manual transmission of a Toyota giving way easily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by saysugar(m): 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
Alvin007:
Since everyone has tried explaining...lemme just add this/these;
The Matrix...is called the 'Toyota Corolla Matrix'
It was produced to capture the hearts of the young ones.
Aestethics:
The 'Base' trim..i.e the standard matrix which is supposedly the cheapest, has less features...unlike the 'XR' 'XRS' and 'Sport' trim.(The first generation had no sport trim tho).
The Base trim has black door handles and side mirrors, regardless of the color of the vehicle. Some base trims also do not come with a rear glass wiper, inverter charging port, automatic side mirror controls..etc. It also doesn't come with bumper spoilers. Hence, it appears smaller than the Xr and Xrs.
The 'Xr'; This is the next expensive matrix that comes with an inverter charging port, rear glass wipers, automatic side mirror controls, bumper spoilers, matching side mirror and door handle colours, etc
Ps; The xr and the base trim both come with a 1.8L in-line 4 cylinder '1zz-fe' Toyota engine. (You'd find this engine in the Corolla, Pontiac vibe, etc)
The Xrs, is very similar to the xr, and it's supposedly the most expensive matrix. It shares the same body with the xr, but has a bigger engine(2.4L i4)...which enables it rev as high as 8x1000rpm(high revving)...But, a recall was made on the manual transmission Xrs, for having a clutch kit failure...oga Nurey has explained most of these differences...but, it's mostly manual..depending on the region..
Sadly, it was discontinued in 2014, and Toyota chose to focus more on the Corolla, because she recorded a decline in the sales of the Matrix.
Also, the differences in the prices, regarding the various trims, are almost totally neglected in the nigerian auto markets.
0-100km is a few seconds later than a Corolla, coz it's heavier than a corolla. Hence, it also consumes a lil more fuel, than its Corolla counterpart.
I hope this helps..
do u think there length and height is same?
Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by saysugar(m): 2:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
I really want to know those matrix that looks shorter and low width
Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by Alvin007: 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
saysugar:
do u think there length and height is same?
2003-2008…same height and length…(xrs and xr looks bigger than the base..because of the sport bumper and side pads/spoilers).
2009-2014…same height and length…(the ‘Sport’ version looks bigger because of the bumper pads/spoilers)
Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by Alvin007: 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
saysugar:
I really want to know those matrix that looks shorter and low width
For 1st generation matrix…
This is the difference..1st pic is the Xr/Xrs. 2nd pic is the base.

2 Likes

Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by saysugar(m): 11:26am On Dec 20, 2022
Alvin007:

For 1st generation matrix…
This is the difference..1st pic is the Xr/Xrs. 2nd pic is the base.
oh I grab now,I xr looks not too large ,but that base looks like sienna back sef too large
Re: Differences In Toyota Matrix by Alvin007: 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
saysugar:
oh I grab now,I xr looks not too large ,but that base looks like sienna back sef too large
Funny…it’s the other way round…with xr/xrs looking larger from both the side, and rear view.

(1) (Reply)

The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth! / Ford Ranger 2012 Vs Gurara Falls / Gear Box Problem? Read My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.