Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,071 members, 7,863,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:09 AM

Specifications Of A Good Laptop And Things To Consider When Buying A New Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Specifications Of A Good Laptop And Things To Consider When Buying A New Laptop (800 Views)

Useful Tips To Consider Before Buying A Second-hand Laptop / Release Date, Price And Specifications Of Nvidia Gtx 1070 Ti / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Specifications Of A Good Laptop And Things To Consider When Buying A New Laptop by daveobasi1: 11:59am On Feb 13, 2020
SPECIFICATIONS OF A GOOD LAPTOP AND THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING A NEW LAPTOP
So many people has made serious mistakes when buying a new laptop believe me or not, 85% percent of the masses do not know the specifications of laptops and what they should consider when buying a new laptop. If you find yourself reading this post, than you are very lucky because am about revealing some tips to you on things to consider when buying a new laptop. lets kick off.

1. The Health/Size of the Hard Drive: I know you will be surprise at this point. You are asking if a computer Hard drive (HDD) has health? The answer is YES; it is very important to check for the health and size of the Hard drive, although there are different sizes of hard drive from 80GB - 2 terabyte. If you want to buy a new laptop , don't buy any laptop that has a hard drive space of less that 120gb or max 500gb. Now lets look at the health of the hard drive. This is the most important to check for because if your Hard drive has a bad health , it will result to it crashing and inability to hold an operating system for longer time. If you are buying a laptop, the hard drive health must be 80% max and 60% least. Anything below 60%, please don't buy it. See pictures of a hard drive below;

2. RAM - Random Access Memory : This determines whether your laptop will be slow or fast. It has different sizes ranging from 2gb to 16gb. Although depending on the system you are using, there are some laptop that has only 2 Ram slots, some has 3 slots which can take a maximum of 2gb Ram each. There are different types of RAM which are; DDR, DDR2, and DDR3. The most recent ones that are used now is the DDR3 RAM. See picture below;

3. Processor: A lot of you would have heard of some words like this Celeron, Centrio, Dual core, Core 2 duo, Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7. All these are called Processors, although they also determine how fast your system will work. The processor is just like a chip ....see picture below:

4. Battery capacity: A good laptop battery must have the ability to stay for maximum 3hrs and minimum 2hrs. Another option is to buy a double cell laptop battery, this can stay up to 9hrs. My advise to you is that; buy laptop battery from a well know dealer not from engineers because all they do is to recharge the cells for you and make it look as if it is new. if after purchasing the battery, it wont last more than a week.

Thank you very much for reading this post i hope you have learnt something. if you have any question or you feel i missed something use the comment box. Please kindly share this article .

see more>>>https://dtechcomputerschool..com/2020/02/specifications-of-good-laptop-and.html

1 Like

Re: Specifications Of A Good Laptop And Things To Consider When Buying A New Laptop by Nackzy: 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2020
Okay sir this is very informative and helpful, what brand will you advice someone to go for? Can i get a fairly use laptop that's still in top shape?

1 Like

Re: Specifications Of A Good Laptop And Things To Consider When Buying A New Laptop by daveobasi1: 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2020
YEs you can very well at ikeja computer village

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On External Graphics Card For Dell E6320 / Asus Duo Core 2 320gb 2gb Ram 35k / USA Used Various Laptops For Sale At Festac And Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.