Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Diesel Tanker Falls At Agbala, Bursts Into Fire, Kills One - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Diesel Tanker Falls At Agbala, Bursts Into Fire, Kills One (810 Views)

Bus Bursts Into Flames On Third Mainland Bridge (Pictures) / Tesla Driverless Car Crashes Into Tree & Bursts Into Flames In Texas, Killing 2 / What To Do If Your Tyre Bursts While On Top Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diesel Tanker Falls At Agbala, Bursts Into Fire, Kills One by savvy7(m): 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
[b][/b]
Saviola Godwyn

It was a black Thursday this morning as residents of Agbala community in Owerri North LGA of Imo state witnessed a tanker loaded with diesel fall at the popular Agbala junction on the ever busy Owerri/Aba road, it burst into fire that was fatal as the driver of the heavy duty vehicle roasted to death while he struggled to escape. Two other people were critically injured and rushed to a hospital.

Officers of the Imo State Fire Service, Federal Fire Service and Empire Energy Fire Service Department were on ground as they doggedly fought the raging fire and arrested the situation before it could cause more damage.

The Director-General of the Imo State Fire Service, Mr. Japhet P.C. Okereafor who spoke to #SGNews, said that "I was driving to Owerri Municipal from Ulakwo this morning when I ran into the accident scene, I immediately called m office, the FFS, Empire Energy Fire Service department and others for help and within minutes officers of the Imo State Fire Service the first responders and were on ground to fight the fire with the FFS and ENFSD following suit in that order".

Mr. Okereafor commended officers of the various fire service outfits for their prompt intervention and also showered accolades on the members of the public who also aided in making sure the fire was extinguished. He also praised Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha whom he said "revived and rebuilt the state fire service that was comatose in his first 100 days in office as governor of Imo state".

Re: Diesel Tanker Falls At Agbala, Bursts Into Fire, Kills One by sirusX(m): 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2020
Driver.....roasted

I thought the drivers are always the first to escape cz they saw the accident coming undecided
Re: Diesel Tanker Falls At Agbala, Bursts Into Fire, Kills One by tyup(m): 1:26pm On Feb 13, 2020
As a full blooded igbo guy sad

(1) (Reply)

Classic & Vintage Nissan Skyline (especially GT & GT-R Version / 2019 , 2020 Camry And Corolla / Moment A Tesla Vehicle Sparked Fire At Wrecking Yard In California (pix,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.