Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways (965 Views)

Ibom Air Receives Their First Brand New Airbus Aircraft / Emirates Airline Orders 50 Airbus A350 For ₦5.8Trillion(Photos) / The First Flight Of New Airbus BelugaXL Cargo Plane That Looks Like Whale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by Rossinky: 9:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways

Wall Street Journal Report:

European plane maker Airbus SE is close to securing a deal for around 50 aircraft from a Nigerian startup airline that previously announced plans to buy Boeing 737 MAX jets, according to people familiar with the plans.

The deal between Airbus and Green Africa Airways could be announced as soon as Thursday, one of the people said. The carrier would buy Airbus A220 planes, which seat about 130 passengers.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/airbus-nears-deal-with-nigerias-green-africa-for-100-a220s-11581571923

Green Africa Signs MoU For 50 Airbus A220-300 Aircraft

by Joanna Bailey

February 13, 2020

The world has been watching the development of Green Africa Airways with great interest, and now it seems like the Lagos, Nigeria based carrier is getting serious about expansion. The airline has today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for no less than 50 Airbus A220-300 aircraft to add to its fleet over the next few years.

Airbus says this is the largest ever order from the African continent, and indeed one of the biggest orders for the A220 in general. Founder and CEO of Green Africa Airways, Babawande Afolabi, commented on the order in a press release sent to Simple Flying, saying,

“Together with Airbus, we are incredibly proud to announce the largest order ever for the A220 from the African continent. The Green Africa story is a story of entrepreneurial boldness, strategic foresight and an unwavering commitment to using the power of air travel to create a better future”.

https://simpleflying.com/green-africa-a220-order/
Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by OlujobaSamuel: 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2020
Hmmmmmmm, hope this no be audio
Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
Wow... Let's keep penetrating the global business scene. Africans will soon start preferring African airlines. Let's spread the prosperity and make ourselves more globally competitive. No be only oyinbo go dey run show.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by Rossinky: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
FINALLY, we get to challenge Ethiopian Airlines for who owns the African skies. smiley
Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by dukeprince50: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
OK o
Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by Nbote(m): 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
Point of correction, Nigeria didnt order for d airbuses, a Nigerian startup company did

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by Rossinky: 10:14pm On Feb 13, 2020
Nbote:
Point of correction, Nigeria didnt order for d airbuses, a Nigerian startup company did

And the Nigerian company is from Planet Jupiter abi?

If it's a bad thing now, I'm sure you'll be happy to call it Nigeria.

Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by good4all40: 10:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
This news is so soothing and comforting we pray everything works perfectly, the best news to come from Nigeria this year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by Aidejay(m): 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2020
This kind news go dey cause some people sifia pain...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by Nbote(m): 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2020
Rossinky:

And the Nigerian company is from Planet Jupiter abi?

If it's a bad thing now, I'm sure you'll be happy to call it Nigeria.

Rubbish.

Why u dey ooze of stupidity.. Read my comment, read d post and den understand but I doubt u can do dat going by ur stance already. If Englizh hard u, e no hard others
Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by Rossinky: 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
Nbote:

Why u dey ooze of stupidity.. Read my comment, read d post and den understand but I doubt u can do dat going by ur stance already. If Englizh hard u, e no hard others

You're the one who looks like he can't handle English, with that drivel you typed up there.
Re: Nigeria Orders 50 Brand New Airbus Aircraft For Green Africa Airways by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 14, 2020
Nbote:

Bros, you were wrong. A headline isn't always indicative of all bits of facts in a story. Nigeria in that case is being referred to as the destination country for the order, they never mentioned the federal government. A Nigerian startup is also Nigeria in that context... You're just the one overanalyzing things here...

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG Begins Plans To Resume International Flights / SA To Demolish Hospital Widely Believed To Be Haunted (PICS) / Rats Invade New Yorks Kfc & Taco Bell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.