Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Spoken Words On Valentine - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Spoken Words On Valentine (400 Views)

I Haven't Spoken To My Father In 5 Months / I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day / Wife Gifts Her Husband A Bag Of Flour And Sugar On Valentine Day (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spoken Words On Valentine by AnthCunny(m): 4:58am On Feb 14, 2020
Wind of Valentine by AnthCunny

What is it I perceive here?

Hmmmn, something scented of a rose flower and flavoured of a roasted wildfowl
I can hear the dance of forks and knives as they merry with the plates
And clicks of champagne in wine glasses screaming 'cheers!'
How I wish I could savour this mood; much more as you would
But hell no! What I see is a display of dramatic love that dies off when the fries on the table are eaten up and the wine in the bottle dries off
And I keep wondering; when did a night to wine and dine become Valentine?
Someone take me back!
Back to the days of old when this love was shared between fathers and mothers; brothers and sisters and brethren of God's family
When passers-by give cheerfully to strangers without bothering to tell the story on Facebook and Instagram
I desperately long to feel those moments of unadulterated love; where the rate of love was not measured by gifting of weighty cash, nor having a party bash
But by the little smile you make on faces of people who least expected it
Gone are the days when this so much talked about love was blind
So blind it was that a freshly plucked flower by the roadside would warm the heart and make it feel loved
And a scribbled note of 'Hy Anita, happy lover's day' will make Anita know that someone somewhere still holds her to heart
They say change is constant, but why must it be this love Christ so much emphasised on?
Why pretend to keep by the rules when we end up becoming fools in the sight of God?
When the feast in Church is over, off to the bar you cruise with your lover;
Parte after parte you drink till you are high, till the remaining sense of proper reasoning in you bades you bye
And to finally dot your show of love, you wrap yourselves in the dark, under the duvet till you black out
Just like the Biblical foolish rich man, you feel fulfilled
'Enjoy yourself' you would tell yourself
And in the wake of the morning, you become quiet like a hen brooding over her eggs
Flashes of events the night before forming bright images in your head, then you begin to ask yourself 'were they really worth it?'
Then memories of how you sold your virginity for a table decorated with vanity get stacked up in your head for centuries to come
Oh, you decide to play a fast one, you swallow abortion pills, kill the child in womb, but fail to realize that the cry of an unborn child will haunt you till you die
Thoughts of regrets
When you stand before the judgement of the mirror, who you see is not just who you are
All 'cos of a night, you've lost sight of your dreams to become a role model for posterity
Not when the birth of a child becomes the evidence of a broken oath of Chastity and Purity
Just as St Paul would say, 'O foolish men, who has bewitched you?'
Who has turned your heart against the teachings of St Paul as regarding the fruits of the flesh?
For the want of feeling belonged, the sins of fornication, drunkenness and other forms of sexual immorality is trivialized
The wind of valentine
Before you make up your mind, ask yourself again
'Is it really worth it?'

Re: Spoken Words On Valentine by Magnoliaa(f): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2022
This is beautiful, AnthCunny ❤❤.

Modified: tinges of blaming woman here and there...b—...

2 Likes

Re: Spoken Words On Valentine by AnthCunny(m): 9:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
Magnoliaa:
This is beautiful, AnthCunny ❤❤.

Modified: tinges of blaming woman here and there...b—...
Lol...thank you

(1) (Reply)

Family Remedy For Entitled Adults / Urgent Answer Needed Now / Thrift Female Wears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.