Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,692 members, 7,831,145 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa (973 Views)

A Nairalander take on #Twitter Ban: President Buhari Goofed On The Twitter Ban / We Will Comply With Supreme Court Judgement On Bayelsa — INEC / INEC's Press Release On Bayelsa And Kogi Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa by markfem2: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2020
As a chieftain of Pdp and a loyal member since its inception in 1998, i should be elated with the recent supreme court decision on Bayelsa Guber. But I am indeed saddened by the controversial judgement that invalidated the election of David Lyon of the Apc. David Lyon won that election fair and square. He shouldn't be made to suffer the mistakes of his running mate deri wangaga. I wish the national assembly makes the necessary amendments in the electoral act to prevent a repeat of this incident.
Canadaorbust lalasticlala seun i am still in shock over this daylight robbery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa by kynbasil: 10:16am On Feb 14, 2020
talking from both side of the mouth 'supreme goofed' and yet you want national assembly to amend electoral act. .. my brother law is law and be emotional because your candidate lost.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 14, 2020
markfem2:
As a chieftain of Pdp and a loyal member since its inception in 1998, i should be elated with the recent supreme court decision on Bayelsa Guber. But I am indeed saddened by the controversial judgement that invalidated the election of David Lyon of the Apc. David Lyon won that election fair and square. He shouldn't be made to suffer the mistakes of his running mate deri wangaga. I wish the national assembly makes the necessary amendments in the electoral act to prevent a repeat of this incident.
Canadaorbust garfield2 lalasticlala seun i am still in shock over this daylight robbery.

See them pdp members

Since yesterday u guys are just unnecessarily angry..

Well it seems apc is a taboo. Over here...West can continue with their Apc...

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa by Yorubasarecurse: 10:30am On Feb 14, 2020
Matters Arising
The same supreme court gave imo to the criminal apc. The Supreme court need to be scrapped.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa by markfem2: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:

See them pdp members

Since yesterday u guys are just unnecessarily angry..

Well it seems apc is a taboo. Over here...West can continue with their Apc...
Let us call a spade by its name. Anyone that knows me well know how much I detest Apc but in the case of bayelsa, Lyon won with the support of the pdp and bayelsians. I hate the fact that dickson's stooge will be governing bayelsa thereby continuing from where corrupt dickson stopped.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 14, 2020
markfem2:

Let us call a spade by its name. Anyone that knows me well know how much I detest Apc but in the case of bayelsa, Lyon won with the support of the pdp and bayelsians. I hate the fact that dickson's stooge will be governing bayelsa thereby continuing from where corrupt dickson stopped.

The judgement was sound and correct.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa by Enwhen(m): 10:50am On Feb 14, 2020
markfem2:

Don't condemned Gov Dickson if u have not visited Bayelsa , mostly before was made gov and now.... Dickson did very well in terns of development and no body is disputing that facts, but his only problem is that HE IS TOO ARROGANT AND SELFISH, I am sure many will ganged up against him during his Senatorial rerun for the vacant position of Sen. Lawrence , Deputy Gov elect...and even the rerun of Sen. Diri, Gov elect and that yeye certificate forger Sen Dergi, who killed Victorious Lyon... So sad for Lyon...APC has failed in everything , just screening they can't conduct, it's a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa by OzilBaba50: 11:06am On Feb 14, 2020
as a pro PDP too I'm not exited too
I just enjoyed watching those that celebrated Ihedioha robbery cry

if not Lyon deserves the people's mandate but law does not accept sentiments unfortunately

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa by dedons: 11:53am On Feb 14, 2020
PDP Chieftain indeed grin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Goofed on Bayelsa by CanadaOrBust: 2:44pm On Feb 14, 2020
You people are comparing apples and oranges. In the case of Imo the SC aided and abetted clear FRAUD that is clear to everyone is fraud!

Notice in that case they said nothing about meeting “the required constitutional geographical spread of votes” because they know the numbers make no sense - the man gave himself 2 times the registered number of voters in some places!
Then INEC literally gave him certificate the very next day, carefully making sure NOT to release final tally of votes (because they know they’d be laughed at!)

I’m not into politics at all, but here is what someone into Imo politics wrote (and u just know he is telling the truth):

Imo people did not vote for Hope! Hope didn't even campaign in Imo because of the APC crises between him and Rochas who was fronting his in-law, Uche Nwosu.

On the day of the election, Hope and some APC loyalists were lodged in a Hotel in Owerri writing results after INEC announced results. They brought the results and were compelling returning officer to announce but he refused that it was fake that even party reps have raised the alarm.

OzilBaba50, Enwhen, markfem2, kynbasil
MelesZenawi,Yorubasarecurse, MelesZenawi, dedons

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Newly Constructed Road In Yala L.g.a Of Cross River State / Nigerians React As Buhari Appoints Kwaran Fulani Man As New COS / The True Story Behind The Halt In Electricity Tarrif Hike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.