Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days (50891 Views)

Bandits Attack Kaduna Airport, Stop A Lagos-Bound Aircraft. Kill One / Nigeria Issues New Travel Protocol For China, US, Europe-bound Passengers / Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by Litmus: 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
SarkinYarki:

How do u improve visibility? The best thing to do is to fix the ILS in the airport and no claiming you will make weather better

So as a minister of aviation you don't know why Airlines choose to reroute to Ghana other than Abuja ..okay then let me list the reasons out for you .

1 .Kotoka Airport Ghana is closer to Lagos than Abuja and so will save the airline more fuel

2. The ILS service in Abuja airport is epileptic and obsolete CAT 1 while Kotoka has CAT 3b where an aircraft can land with even just 50 ft of visibility

3 .the cost of aviation fuel is cheaper and more accessible than Nigeria

4 Kotoka airport Ghana has better runway service than any airport in Nigeria

So Mr minister you can see why any reasonable crew will opt to reroute to Ghana than head to Abuja

Can I ask, if passengers paid to go to Nigeria and for whatever reason airline diverted to another Nation shouldn’t the Airline make provisions to take those passengers to their designation, which was Nigeria?
Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by Litmus: 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
I have to say this, unlike other Nigerians it would seem, if I paid to travel to Nigeria and even if the president of Nigeria and cabinet all lined up naked along the tarmac baring their asses and if the airline decided to go land even in next door Benin republic, I’m going to hold the Airline accountable. They have to take me to Nigeria or return me to the point of departure and refund cost of flight ticket.

I do not know but sometimes it is as if in the haste to put down their country Nigerians often loose perspective undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by SarkinYarki: 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
Litmus:

Can I ask, if passengers paid to go to Nigeria and for whatever reason airline diverted to another Nation shouldn’t the Airline make provisions to take those passengers to their designation, which was Nigeria?

Yes most International airline will take care of you and even put you in a hotel and bear the cost of your movt to ur original destination
Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by MrGerald(m): 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
dre11:
‘1500’ Lagos-bound passengers stranded in Ghana — four days after flight diversion

https://www.thecable.ng/1500-lagos-bound-passengers-stranded-in-ghana-four-days-after-flight-diversion
Seeing the kind of names there managing our affairs... they know nothing. and I must add, landing in Accra is better than Abuja for Lagos bond flight, apart from border stress, it's safer and closer than Abuja considering insecurity for those who might take a road trip back to Lagos.
Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by Litmus: 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Yes most International airline will take care of you and even put you in a hotel and bear the cost of your movt to ur original destination

Responsibility belongs entirely to the airline. Nigeria’s airport capabilities is another argument. If passengers wanted to go to Ghana’s fantastic airport, they will pay for that. If airline don’t want to land in Nigeria’s deplorable airports, they should not accept the cash of passengers paying to go to Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by sapientia(m): 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Buhari derailed Nigeria , he mad this country lose focus when he overthrew Shagari for no reason , if he had left Shagari Nigeria would have been the pride of Africa but the miserable retarded scorpion from Daura messed up everything , he forced Nigerians to be corrupt and hopeless ... Me I blame Buhari for every single rot in Nigeria and I am right

Am with you ooooo

I blame the unapolegetic coupist too.

His ascension to power shows that majority of Nigerians are mentally challenged.

1 Like

Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by farem: 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
Kingspin:
I checked the word before the update.

I finally pass a massage which someone understands. So I communicated

Can you sincerely post the meaning with the source?
Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by BlongTrendies(f): 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
JosephXavier:
This is an act of incompetence from the BA
They should be sued for this
Since the visibility of Lagos is not encouraging, what happened to Abuja airport, what happened to calabar, what happened to portharcourt, what happened to bayelsa?
If this is in their country they would have fined Nigeria 20billion just as they did with P&ID
British is the Origin of scam

This happened to most of the airlines for the past four days. All my flights were canceled. The planes couldnt land. Communication signals were lost. No one could hear them from the grounds
Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by Kingspin(m): 10:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
farem:

Can you sincerely post the meaning with the source?

This is a fabricated English to suit my comment. The source is me.
Can't say more.

1 Like

Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by farem: 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Kingspin:
This is a fabricated English to suit my comment. The source is me.
Can't say more.

I like your logic! Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by 9jaRealist: 4:47am On Feb 16, 2020
sulaak:
Some international airports are designed to reduce the workload on surrounding infrastructures such as roads, rails, parking and accommodation as in the case of Stanstead and Gatwick international airports in the UK

When Abuja airport was shut down for repairs, air traffic was successfully relocated to nearby Kaduna airport with connecting roads and rail between both cities.

An airport can be shut down for multiple reasons such as poor weather, terrorism or in the case of Nigeria lack of maintenance, however, having another international airport close by will avoid the international embarrassment of redirecting air traffic to a foreign country.

An international airport doesn't have to be large megastructures that cause billions of dollars it can be small, but design for international travel.

Building an international airport in a city of 3 million like Ibadan will open up the state to international business and improve regional logistics.

There's an airport coming up in Lekki that should be ready at about the time the traffic justifies it...
>
Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by Commentor: 4:50am On Feb 16, 2020
Insectkiller:
Mr Minister Hadi sirika..d name sound erratic.

If not for political and tribalistic and nepotistic sake, how could a person like Hadi sirika become an aviation Minister in Naija..

Naija cool

Hadi Sirika is a former airline pilot.

1 Like

Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by 9jaRealist: 4:50am On Feb 16, 2020
SarkinYarki:
I have never spent on hours from Lagos to ghana all my neither have I spent 1 hour 15 minutes to Abuja so you don't know what you are saying ...I have done Lagos to Abuja on small jets in 45 minutes and on bigger commercial jets between 50 to 58 minutes , the ghana flight is so short that immediately the finish climbing before you you know you hear the call for approach entry

While I and many other travelers have...
If you resort to silly anecdotes instead of verifiable official records.
>
Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by 9jaRealist: 5:07am On Feb 16, 2020
vaxx1:
Your evidence will be a plause.

I know the company (Flight Calibration Services Ltd) that installed Kotoka's ILS/DME system (a CAT II system) in 2018. Feel free to check the records.

However, I have also since searched and have found an article confirming Kotoka's ILS as a CAT II system. See http://www.airporthotelguide.com/accra/airport-info.html
>
Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:20pm On Feb 16, 2020
Nigeria's biggest problem the people are illiterate and stupid. 95% of Nigerians know a Nigerian can do nothing for them but will still go and vote for a Nigerians also Nigerians abroad at the same. I have traveled with many Airlines what I have been told on Kenya airways and Ethiopian airline the ground reader system at Nigerian airports both Lagos and Abuja do not work do pilots have to land the plane by visibility Direct Line of Sight. Sometimes you can go for a whole month without the ground radar system working at the airport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by vaxx1: 11:29am On Feb 17, 2020
9jaRealist:

I know the company (Flight Calibration Services Ltd) that installed Kotoka's ILS/DME system (a CAT II system) in 2018. Feel free to check the records.

However, I have also since searched and have found an article confirming Kotoka's ILS as a CAT II system. See http://www.airporthotelguide.com/accra/airport-info.html
>
This is not a reliable evidence as it is not from the airport service itself. since 2017, the airport undergo a face lift with new modern techniques. now, it has terminal 3 with the latest airport equipment and technology...
Re: ‘1500’ Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Ghana — After Four Days by 9jaRealist: 3:17am On Feb 18, 2020
vaxx1:
This is not a reliable evidence as it is not from the airport service itself. since 2017, the airport undergo a face lift with new modern techniques. now, it has terminal 3 with the latest airport equipment and technology...

A terminal is just a building and has NOTHING to do with the ILS system...
The ILS is a radio-based navigation system installed at the end of the runway.
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uk Visa. How To Track Ur Application On Line / Lagos Vs Abuja Airport: Which Is The Best Nigerian Airport? (pics, Video) / First International Flight Lands In Lagos Airport After 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.