Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:42 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (292773 Views)

Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by techjeff: 1:57am On Dec 23, 2020
@whyNa,

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your concern in the study at Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU).
Our admission for students applying to study in the academic year 2020-2021 was closed after 30th November 2020-2021. Besides, you are ineligible enough to be admitted to TDTU because it is impossible to apply for the visa for you to go to Vietnam.
Have a nice day!

TDTU Admission Team

Abeg need help whyNa or any other good narialand need school when dey give admissions now l have tired no luck yet. Anybody can help me with nans if school giving admissions now?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:47am On Dec 23, 2020
techjeff:
@whyNa,

Dear Applicant,

Our admission for students applying to study in the academic year 2020-2021 was closed after 30th November 2020-2021. Besides, you are ineligible enough to be admitted to TDTU because it is impossible to apply for the visa for you to go to Vietnam.
Have a nice day!

TDTU Admission Team

Abeg need help whyNa or any other good narialand need school when dey give admissions now l have tired no luck yet. Anybody can help me with nans if school giving admissions now?

Applications closed since na.

Just keep following this thread. Lots of prospective students here and they post scholarship opportunities too when it's open
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:10am On Dec 23, 2020
Hey guys,

Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance.

So while Ireland and UK and US are battling a new lockdown, we just here battling with cold.

Thought I'll give you a little update.

So the border closure is gradually relaxing and we hope that after the TET holiday next year, ithings will be better.

Right now, we've started processing entry for people from other Asian countries. It is expensive because it includes quarantine fees and all but people are willing to take the trip because iVietnam is like one of the safest countries to be in now.

Jobs are still on high demand. A few people are able to come in from other countries. Teachers and other skilled workers inclusive but this is done and processed solely by the company they work for

Some random tips....

1) Ladies, buy bra and come. Wetin dey here na small size with plenty foam inside

2) Don't do Naija style of buying clothes before the season in hopes that it will be cheap. You know like back home, buying Christmas clothes for kids early to avoid hike. Doesn't work here

For example, we're in winter now. You won't even see lots of Spring clothes. You will see small but not a lot. Come Spring, boom! Spring outfit everywhere and cheaper too.

3) I don't know if I've mentioned this before but from your first day here, the first word you'll hear very loudly is Oi
Chi Oi!
Anh Oi!

This Oi!
That Oi!

Just the way we say Heys or Eys to get someone's attention, that's the way they say Oi too. So David oi, Nkechi oi. Lol

4) You'll go to work on Christmas and New year day. You can take excuse days or weeks before sha but these days are a normal day to them though they make a fuzz about it. The fuzz stops at Christmas trees and lights and Santa clothes

5) Just like the Chinese and Japanese, their New year is in January/February. That's when you have.like one week break or even a month depending on where you work and it's their major holiday

6) I just discovered more food you can get here so no need to bring lots of it from Naija. There's egusi here, crayfish, both dry and fresh from the water, there's periwinkle, there's small snail. The big one isn't like the Naija one. There's white beans and thyme and nutmeg, there's catfish but a different type, there's goat meat but a bit scarce. You can get cow intestines and kpomo too.

Merry Christmas people

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pureheart91(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
Joohan:
This is for people that are still interested. This is another option to get in with

Would love to send u a mail
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pureheart91(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
Joohan:
This is for people that are still interested. This is another option to get in with

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 6:58am On Dec 25, 2020
Pureheart91:

No problem.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2020
techjeff:
@whyNa,

Dear Applicant,

Have a nice day!

TDTU Admission Team

link up
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by InGodshand: 12:45am On Dec 27, 2020
@WhyNa...
Please is H.N.D results also acceted in Vietnam for Teaching?
Secondly, Is it adviceable to do a Business Visa then change it once in Vietnam since most of the agents are not doing a direct Visa and Work permit?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 5:54am On Dec 27, 2020
InGodshand:
@WhyNa...
Please is H.N.D results also acceted in Vietnam for Teaching?
Secondly, Is it adviceable to do a Business Visa then change it once in Vietnam since most of the agents are not doing a direct Visa and Work permit?

No it's not accepted. You won't get a WP.

Second, yes you can follow that route but who told you you can't get a direct visa. If you read the beginning of the thread, you'd see I said I don't advice it cos you end up paying double
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by InGodshand: 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2020
WhyNa:

No it's not accepted. You won't get a WP.

Second, yes you can follow that route but who told you you can't get a direct visa. If you read the beginning of the thread, you'd see I said I don't advice it cos you end up paying double

@WhyNa thanks for yours quick response.
What about P.G.D ( post graduate diploma) in any course, with IELTS and TEFL....will it be okay?

And secondly, most of the i agent i contacted said they don't do WP except if someone is already in Vietnam. Most of the agent suggested Business visa.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2020
Hello Whyna,

Would you advise one takes an IELTS exam in addition to the TEFL in preparation for visa application now?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:56am On Dec 31, 2020
Hey guys....

Happy new year in advance.

I'll be quick....

Finally some good news to end the year...with a pinch of salt though.....

You can now start processing and making plans to relocate. By this I mean police report, TEFL, doctor's report et Al....

The pinch of salt?

Thee fees are incredibly high cos it includes quarantine fees.

Hoping to see people from here in Vietnam in the coming year

7 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:58am On Dec 31, 2020
Citygal:
Hello Whyna,

Would you advise one takes an IELTS exam in addition to the TEFL in preparation for visa application now?

No. Don't waste your money. It was part of the requirements in the new law but it ain't series. Worse case scenario, you take the IELTS here
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 31, 2020
WhyNa:

No. Don't waste your money. It was part of the requirements in the new law but it ain't series. Worse case scenario, you take the IELTS here
Wow. Thank you
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by goldincome(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2020
WhyNa:
Hey guys....

Happy new year in advance.

I'll be quick....

Finally some good news to end the year...with a pinch of salt though.....

You can now start processing and making plans to relocate. By this I mean police report, TEFL, doctor's report et Al....

The pinch of salt?

Thee fees are incredibly high cos it includes quarantine fees.

Hoping to see people from here in Vietnam in the coming year

@WhyNa
I will be through with my TEFL this week and wait for my result.
I have my degree and I am working on other documents.

I sent you a message on Nairaland. Please reply me.
Thanks
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Classickj(m): 10:23pm On Dec 31, 2020
goldincome:

@WhyNa I will be through with my TEFL this week and wait for my result. I have my degree and I am working on other documents.
I sent you a message on Nairaland. Please reply me. Thanks
Is it online
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by goldincome(m): 3:47pm On Jan 01, 2021
Classickj:

Is it online

Yes. It is online
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Classickj(m): 9:59am On Jan 02, 2021
goldincome:

Yes. It is online
pls how did you go about it
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by mostflourishing: 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2021
goldincome:

Yes. It is online

@goldincome, please can you give me the site you are running your TEFL programme. I also want to do mine asap. congratulations on your own. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by goldincome(m): 10:56pm On Jan 02, 2021
mostflourishing:

@goldincome, please can you give me the site you are running your TEFL programme. I also want to do mine asap. congratulations on your own. thanks.

Classickj:
pls how did you go about it

You know it against the rule on this forum to post link.
Just search on Google for Tefl online course and also search for reviews of any of the site that you find on google before paying for the course.

Also search for discount coupon code which will give you discount for the course.

That is exactly how I did mine

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Classickj(m): 9:29am On Jan 03, 2021
[quote author=goldincome post=97662078]

My search hasn't been fruitful yet
If you can't post the link here then we can do it out nairaland maybe on Fb...
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hey guys...

Hope the year started on a good foot for y'all.

It's been resting and hanging out with friends for me. Almost forgot what that feels like.

Now that Vietnam has started issuing visas again, I thought I'll give a recap of the process and the latest updates because I've been getting a lot of mails on that. This way, everyone benefits

The recap will be in two procedures

1) The normal and initial procedure which I followed and is still valid

2) The new procedure which is still okay but involves quarantine changes.

PROCEDURE 1.

1) Get your TEFL or TESOL or CELTA certificate
2) Get you original degree certificate or your highest qualification
3) Get a police character report
4) Get a medical report
5)Authentic these things at the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Vietnamese Embassy
6) Send to your agent and they take it up from there
7) Pray

Now note that this is a recap. A VERY DETAILED PROCESS is at the beginning of this thread. It's still valid.

Now to PROCEDURE 2

1) Get a copy of your degree
2) Get a copy of your passport
3) Passport picture
4) Send to your agent
5) Pray

Sounds easier right?

Well here's the difference.

P1 gets you aone year visa and WP but it isn't really available right now via agents. Only an international school or big companies can have access to that and you know who they'll get in first.

P2 is a 3 months visa without a work permit.. The advantage?
1) You get to come in first.
2) Yes you can get part time jobs but to get full time job, you'll need a WP
3) In the course of the three months, if you get a full time job, then your employer can help you with a longer visa and WP
4) So yes you can extend or change once you're here
5) You can even decide to extend immediately you come in whether you get a job or not. It all depends on you.

My advice?

Even though right now, P1 is not available, still go ahead and authentic your documents and get the other documents needed. It's going to help when it's time to extend your visa.

And yes P2 is a good option now .

For those who have been getting ready and waiting to come in, I'll say try to come in by February March because it's the start of a new semester and also, lots of people travelled back to their country . The job market is still huge so chop chop and all the best

Picture for attention....Bun Bo Nam Bo. My now best Vietnamese food

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by shadray: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
hmm... this look delicious, pl let's have the list of the ingredients that make up the dish

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
WhyNa:
Hey guys...

Hope the year started on a good foot for y'all.

It's been resting and hanging out with friends for me. Almost forgot what that feels like.

Now that Vietnam has started issuing visas again, I thought I'll give a recap of the process and the latest updates because I've been getting a lot of mails on that. This way, everyone benefits

The recap will be in two procedures

1) The normal and initial procedure which I followed and is still valid

2) The new procedure which is still okay but involves quarantine changes.

PROCEDURE 1.

1) Get your TEFL or TESOL or CELTA certificate
2) Get you original degree certificate or your highest qualification
3) Get a police character report
4) Get a medical report
5)Authentic these things at the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Vietnamese Embassy
6) Send to your agent and they take it up from there
7) Pray

Now note that this is a recap. A VERY DETAILED PROCESS is at the beginning of this thread. It's still valid.

Now to PROCEDURE 2

1) Get a copy of your degree
2) Get a copy of your passport
3) Passport picture
4) Send to your agent
5) Pray

Sounds easier right?

Well here's the difference.

P1 gets you aone year visa and WP but it isn't really available right now via agents. Only an international school or big companies can have access to that and you know who they'll get in first.

P2 is a 3 months visa without a work permit.. The advantage?
1) You get to come in first.
2) Yes you can get part time jobs but to get full time job, you'll need a WP
3) In the course of the three months, if you get a full time job, then your employer can help you with a longer visa and WP
4) So yes you can extend or change once you're here
5) You can even decide to extend immediately you come in whether you get a job or not. It all depends on you.

My advice?

Even though right now, P1 is not available, still go ahead and authentic your documents and get the other documents needed. It's going to help when it's time to extend your visa.

And yes P2 is a good option now .

For those who have been getting ready and waiting to come in, I'll say try to come in by February March because it's the start of a new semester and also, lots of people travelled back to their country . The job market is still huge so chop chop and all the best

Picture for attention....Bun Bo Nam Bo. My now best Vietnamese food

Happy New Year, @Whyna.

Glad you're doing fine.
As you know that getting employment from here is an herculean task. Ma'am, what is the reason to the change of law or has it been like that right from the beginning?
The VT government are being unfair cus teachers will be at the mercy of schools. Especially schools that love cheating teachers. They might not want to pay well cus they are providing WP for the teacher.
I heard there's the new Covid strain in VT now, pls be safe for us.
I hope that doesn't affect those planning to come in soon.

I'll love to ask you a question...if you have time let me know, ma'am
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2021
Joohan:

Happy New Year, @Whyna.

Glad you're doing fine.
As you know that getting employment from here is an herculean task. Ma'am, what is the reason to the change of law or has it been like that right from the beginning?
The VT government are being unfair cus teachers will be at the mercy of schools. Especially schools that love cheating teachers. They might not want to pay well cus they are providing WP for the teacher.
I heard they the new Covid strain is in VT now, pls be safe for us.
I hope that doesn't affect those planning to come in soon.

I'll love to ask you a question...if you have time let me know, ma'am

You heard well and thankfully, they detected the
strain while the personn was still in quarantine.

That's the reason I'm encouraging y'all to make a move now before they shut down again due to God forbid a worse situation.

This issue has nothing to do with the Vietnamese government. It has more to do with the ideology of some parents who don't know better. They think White skin equals quality and would rather pay higher for their kids to be educated by Whites.

Thus the pressure on employers. Some others have just taken advantage of this and begun using it as an excuse

About the change in law, not sure what you mean. If you mean the visa situation, well it's obvious. Covid wahala.

You can leave me a message and I'll find time to reply

Cheers
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2021
WhyNa:

You heard well and thankfully, they detected the
strain while the personn was still in quarantine.

That's the reason I'm encouraging y'all to make a move now before they shut down again due to God forbid a worse situation.

This issue has nothing to do with the Vietnamese government. It has more to do with the ideology of some parents who don't know better. They think White skin equals quality and would rather pay higher for their kids to be educated by Whites.

Thus the pressure on employers. Some others have just taken advantage of this and begun using it as an excuse

About the change in law, not sure what you mean. If you mean the visa situation, well it's obvious. Covid wahala.

You can leave me a message and I'll find time to reply

Cheers

Yeah. I was referring to the law. Those that I've communicated with got their WP before landing. It'd be unfair to be at the mercy of employers.
I was surprised when a Zambian friend appointment was terminated for a NNES Ukrainian. That was where I knew there's and undercover racism in all Asian countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Liadi2(m): 1:59pm On Jan 04, 2021
A part from teaching is there no any other job that can be done?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by endee1996(f): 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2021
quick question pls,can someone else take my documents down to be authenticated?

I live in akwaibom and was thinking of sending my documents to a relative in Abuja to help me with the process. would that be possible?

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Classickj(m): 10:09am On Jan 06, 2021
goldincome:

Just search on Google for Tefl online course and also search for reviews of any of the site that you find on google before paying for the course.

Also search for discount coupon code which will give you discount for the course.

That is exactly how I did mine

My search hasn't been fruitful yet
If you can't post the link here then we can do it out nairaland maybe
on Fb...
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 8:51am On Jan 07, 2021
@ Whyna, did you Authenticate your TEFL certificate?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by tunjity26: 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
@WhyNa on a rough sketch like how much will get me there?

And what is jobs like over Dre?

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (114) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.