Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (300130 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 9:09am On Nov 04, 2021
Most schools don't but some schools do
regizoch:
Most schools don't admit international students, how do you do it, what's the name of the school?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 9:52am On Nov 04, 2021
I really know what people are passing through here, @ Whyna And @ Admin of nairaland please can I put some people through like render some help like guildlines...

I salute some Agents here too.. Please you can message me too
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 10:06am On Nov 04, 2021
Samuelmide69:
I really know what people are passing through here, @ Whyna And @ Admin of nairaland please can I put some people through like render some help like guildlines...

Pls put us through o...God bless you
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 10:14am On Nov 04, 2021
You can mail me
EbonyCy:

Pls put us through o...God bless you
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 11:22am On Nov 04, 2021
Samuelmide69:

Hi Samuel

Welcome abode. I just like every other person here has been waiting for someone else to share their experiences from their angle just like I did.

It's best to share your experiences here so all can see.

As long as you're not derailing the thread, I'm absolutely cool with that.

*Grabs popcorn

PS, I saw the food you posted, even me no know that one. Abeg gist us and grace us with pictures mbok.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 11:25am On Nov 04, 2021
Samuelmide69:
Through school but I pay ooo.. Nothing is free In this world...

Please share your school route experience.

Many have been asking about this

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by TFLASHOGEE(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
WhyNa:

God bless you for this whyna cheesy cheesy cheesy and hope you two will have a chance to meet and eat some bun Ga together wink
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2021
@whyna pls check your mail

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
God bless you for this whyna cheesy cheesy cheesy and hope you two will have a chance to meet and eat some bun Ga together wink

Lol @Bun Ga.

I never liked the chicken noodle soup. I prefer the fish noodle soup which is Bun Ca but i no like am again cos I discovered lots of other delicacies grin grin grin

As for meeting with OP...make we dey look. I've actually met with some nairalanders here who for some reason remain shy. Lol. One day, we go post vacay pictures sha.... cool cool

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
Thanks @Whyna

It's midnight over here... I will update u na
WhyNa:

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 5:40am On Nov 05, 2021
Hi everyone... I really appreciate you all here for your prayers and messages... Thank you all

Lets go straight to our discussions.. If you are preparing to come on working visa, I will say you are on your own ooooo and it will takes time to get .. Because I don't know how you make your own research on working visa.. Firstly you have to get a teaching centre here that will be responsible for your coming in and other stuff but what amaze me is that the centres really loves people that are in Vietnam to apply within...

I don't say you will not get Centre that will apply for you , but it will really takes time..

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 6:11am On Nov 05, 2021
Another thing is that Base on research for teaching job Here they do list some countries which they can apply working visa for them and bring them.. Nigeria is not on the list

As a Nigerian and you know you want to enter here to teach, base on my own research you will have to enter here through schooling.As I did too, I think that's the best option for you based on my own research

After you are in, you got yourself a part time job. Later on From Part time to Full time job..

Which means you don arrive, if you want to go for your IELTS, TEFL examination before you enter Vietnam, I advise you can go for it too before you enter..

And to enjoy Vietnam to the full less, you gat learn this Language too and be respectful to the Vietnamese people, coz they love people that have respect and humble...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 6:32am On Nov 05, 2021
Taaaa raaaaa
Food is ready

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by liricaliblunt(f): 6:37am On Nov 05, 2021
Is that Suya grin grin

On another note, biko continue your journey to Viet. For someone like me that once eyed getting in through work ,can change direction and consider schooling

Samuelmide69:
Taaaa raaaaa
Food is ready
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by liricaliblunt(f): 6:39am On Nov 05, 2021
Thanks for this

On Ielts, will you advise General or Academics?

Samuelmide69:
Another thing is that Base on research for teaching job Here they do list some countries which they can apply working visa for them and bring them.. Nigeria is not on the list

As a Nigerian and you know you want to enter here to teach, base on my own research you will have to enter here through schooling.As I did too, I think that's the best option for you based on my own research

After you are in, you got yourself a part time job. Later on From Part time to Full time job..

Which means you don arrive, if you want to go for your IELTS, TEFL examination before you enter Vietnam, I advise you can go for it too before you enter..

And to enjoy Vietnam to the full less, you gat learn this Language too and be respectful to the Vietnamese people, coz they love people that have respect and humble...
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2021
you know academic are use to gain admission in Canada/ United States and others..

General Yes

liricaliblunt:
Thanks for this

On Ielts, will you advise General or Academics?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2021
na Dog meat

liricaliblunt:
Is that Suya grin grin

On another note, biko continue your journey to Viet. For someone like me that once eyed getting in through work ,can change direction and consider schooling

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 6:57am On Nov 05, 2021
Samuelmide69:
Hi everyone... I really appreciate you all here for your prayers and messages... Thank you all

Lets go straight to our discussions.. If you are preparing to come on working visa, I will say you are on your own ooooo and it will takes time to get .. Because I don't know how you make your own research on working visa.. Firstly you have to get a teaching centre here that will be responsible for your coming in and other stuff but what amaze me is that the centres really loves people that are in Vietnam to apply within...

I don't say you will not get Centre that will apply for you , but it will really takes time..

Congratulations on getting in, chief.
I want to counter some things you said. It's true Nigerians can't get in through working visa because we're not part of the NES countries. As well as 99.9 percent of African/South American/Asian countries. Going through school is where we want you to really talk on so that we can weigh our options.
When they start issuing visit visas, I know there'll be some ag£#ts that can find a loophole and get NNES in with a WP.
Congratulations once again and I pray the land favours you.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:58am On Nov 05, 2021
Samuelmide69:
Taaaa raaaaa
Food is ready

Are you still in quarantine?

This looks like quarantine food

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 8:26am On Nov 05, 2021
Samuelmide69:

Joohan:

I want to counter some things you said. It's true Nigerians can't get in through working visa because we're not part of the NES countries. As well as 99.9 percent of African/South American/Asian countries. Going through school is where we want you to really talk on so that we can weigh our options.
When they start issuing visit visas, I know there'll be some ag£#ts that can find a loophole and get NNES in with a WP.

In as much as it's too early to comment on this because I really wanted to seat back and read from you Samuel, I NEED to correct a lot of things. Do not see this as an attack or anything but we need to be careful when posting information in public so as not to be unknowingly misleading

First, please how long have you been here?

What route did you go in through? In my almost 2 years of being here, I have always said it here that I don't know much about the schooling route BECAUSE I didn't come in through that route, I'm not schooling and so do not have 100% accurate information on study route.

@Bolded 1: That's not true. There is NO LIST. There is only preference. There are lots of schools and centres and to each his own. Of course schools prefer to bring in people from certain countries because it's wayyyyy cheaper and the white skin priviledge is still very much alive. Right now, they are all asking for people who are already in the country because things have changed

@Bolded 2: Again not true!. I know 3 nairalanders here who came in through work visa early this year. Two of whom i have become very close to. I can only mention them if they give me permission. They have their reasons for wanting to keep silent and I respect that whatever the reason(s) is. YOU CAN COME INTO VIETNAM ON A WORK VISA! Don't forget the person typing this did.

@Bolded 3: No, schooling route is not the best option. Work visa is the best option. When you come in through study visa, remember you have to pay for fees in addition to accomodation, feeding, quarantine, visa and all other thing and you only get to work part time. But when you come in on a work visa, you don't have the burden of paying fees. You just deal with the visa and quarantine and feeding and stuff and you can work till you drop. Once here, if you decide in the long run, you want to study, that's fine. by then you know you can even pay your fees outrightly from money saved and can retain most of your jobs.

PS: incase I never said this here, I'll say it now, come here, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND MOVE TO A BETTER COUNTRY TO STUDY if that's your dream. This is solely my opinion and a better country in my opinion would mean a country where in the long run, you can get citizenship. I'll talk more about this much much later

@Bolded 4: Not entirely true. So first, it depends on your location but even at that, you don't need to know the language to enjoy the country. For a first timer, it can be strange using google translate everytime but you'll get a hang of it. But more and more vietnamese are able to manage little conversation in English now. Also, depending on your area, you can go a whole month without having to worry about translation because you are surrounded by foreigners. Learning the language is a plus only for communication and yes everyone admires people from a different country or even tribe who is able to speak their dialect

@Joohan

@Bolded 1, that's not true. I think I've addresed this above

@Bolded 2: You can NEVER get a work permit with a visit visa. This is the reason the government sent hundreds of thousands of whites away because they came on visit visa and started working. They didn't have WP but they renewed the visa monthly and worked. People employed them because of that white skin complex but you as an African can't even try it

In summary, Samuel, it would be nice if you just shared your experience coming here via the study route, schools you applied to, what the application process is like, student visa application and experience so far.

Peace.

What province are you in? We fit jam one day

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 9:45am On Nov 05, 2021
@Joohan

Lol I don't say you cannot get through here with working visa, You can get in here please don't quote me wrong ... I am talking about this Covid time, Base on my own research
Joohan:

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2021
@ Whyna I really appreciate you a lot

Due to what I heard from someone I met here Tan Thai, with his own part he choose schooling , so I viewed it since this Covid started that's why I agreed with him...

But well @ whyna, you said it all...

I agreed with you
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Carmal90(m): 10:12am On Nov 05, 2021
Samuelmide69:

Due to what I heard from someone I met here Tan Thai, with his own part he choose schooling , so I viewed it since this Covid started that's why I agreed with him...

But well @ whyna, you said it all...

I agreed with you

Can you please drop a detailed guide if some of us would like to follow suit?
I mean the school you applied to and all the necessary information...

Only if you want to .
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 10:17am On Nov 05, 2021
Well I enter here by study route and the processes doesn't even reach 2 months self, cuz I was amaze...

Am in Tan Thai ,Dai Tu district

If you know you are ready to enter through study route, feel free to write me

Thank you @ Whyna and @ all...

Xin cam o'n
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Carmal90(m): 10:21am On Nov 05, 2021
Samuelmide69:
Well I enter here by study route and the processes doesn't even reach 2 months self, cuz I was amaze...

Thank you @ Whyna and @ all...

Xin cam o'n

I am interested

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 10:21am On Nov 05, 2021
The thing about schools is that , there are some schools that you will write their Mail and they will not replied you at all... But there are some and they will replied you...

But it will be better for you to have someone here that will help you out and check your admission processes...

Carmal90:

Can you please drop a detailed guide if some of us would like to follow suit?
I mean the school you applied to and all the necessary information...

Only if you want to .

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Samuelmide69: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2021
No wahala
[qwuote author=Carmal90 post=107348750]

I am interested[/quote]
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 10:39am On Nov 05, 2021
WhyNa:

In as much as it's too early to comment on this because I really wanted to seat back and read from you Samuel, I NEED to correct a lot of things. Do not see this as an attack or anything but we need to be careful when posting information in public so as not to be unknowingly misleading

First, please how long have you been here?

What route did you go in through? In my almost 2 years of being here, I have always said it here that I don't know much about the schooling route BECAUSE I didn't come in through that route, I'm not schooling and so do not have 100% accurate information on study route.

@Bolded 1: That's not true. There is NO LIST. There is only preference. There are lots of schools and centres and to each his own. Of course schools prefer to bring in people from certain countries because it's wayyyyy cheaper and the white skin priviledge is still very much alive. Right now, they are all asking for people who are already in the country because things have changed

@Bolded 2: Again not true!. I know 3 nairalanders here who came in through work visa early this year. Two of whom i have become very close to. I can only mention them if they give me permission. They have their reasons for wanting to keep silent and I respect that whatever the reason(s) is. YOU CAN COME INTO VIETNAM ON A WORK VISA! Don't forget the person typing this did.

@Bolded 3: No, schooling route is not the best option. Work visa is the best option. When you come in through study visa, remember you have to pay for fees in addition to accomodation, feeding, quarantine, visa and all other thing and you only get to work part time. But when you come in on a work visa, you don't have the burden of paying fees. You just deal with the visa and quarantine and feeding and stuff and you can work till you drop. Once here, if you decide in the long run, you want to study, that's fine. by then you know you can even pay your fees outrightly from money saved and can retain most of your jobs.

PS: incase I never said this here, I'll say it now, come here, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND MOVE TO A BETTER COUNTRY TO STUDY if that's your dream. This is solely my opinion and a better country in my opinion would mean a country where in the long run, you can get citizenship. I'll talk more about this much much later

@Bolded 4: Not entirely true. So first, it depends on your location but even at that, you don't need to know the language to enjoy the country. For a first timer, it can be strange using google translate everytime but you'll get a hang of it. But more and more vietnamese are able to manage little conversation in English now. Also, depending on your area, you can go a whole month without having to worry about translation because you are surrounded by foreigners. Learning the language is a plus only for communication and yes everyone admires people from a different country or even tribe who is able to speak their dialect

@Joohan

@Bolded 1, that's not true. I think I've addresed this above

@Bolded 2: You can NEVER get a work permit with a visit visa. This is the reason the government sent hundreds of thousands of whites away because they came on visit visa and started working. They didn't have WP but they renewed the visa monthly and worked. People employed them because of that white skin complex but you as an African can't even try it

In summary, Samuel, it would be nice if you just shared your experience coming here via the study route, schools you applied to, what the application process is like, student visa application and experience so far.

Peace.

What province are you in? We fit jam one day

I made a mistake with the first point. Thanks for the correction. There's a preference or should I said privileges in which the Native speakers enjoys.

I didn't mean working with a Visit visa, I meant coming in with it then search for job where they're willing to sponsor your WP (I might be wrong tho).

Samuelmide69:
@Joohan

Lol I don't say you cannot get through here with working visa, You can get in here please don't quote me wrong ... I am talking about this Covid time, Base on my own research

I was talking about after COVID actually.

I'm here waiting for all your updates. Thanks to you all, we are able to get a glimpse of what VT feels like.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 11:10am On Nov 05, 2021
Joohan:

I made a mistake with the first point. Thanks for the correction. There's a preference or should I said privileges in which the Native speakers enjoys.

I didn't mean working with a Visit visa, I meant coming in with it then search for job where they're willing to sponsor your WP (I might be wrong tho).

I was talking about after COVID actually.

I'm here waiting for all your updates. Thanks to you all, we are able to get a glimpse of what VT feels like.

The only way you can apply for a visit visa as a nigerian is if you have a relation here. then you apply under their TRC.

Otherwise, you apply for a full working visa or 3 months business visa
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by ikcid: 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
Samuelmide69:

But well @ wh.yna, you said it all...

I agreed with you

Samuelmide69:

Thank you @ Why.na and @ all...

Xin cam o'n

Samuelmide69:
The thing about schools is that , there are some schools that you will write their Mail and they will not replied you at all... But there are some and they will replied you...

But it will be better for you to have someone here that will help you out and check your admission processes...

I'm amazed at how poor your sentence construction is, merely by reading your messages on this thread. Is it due to the Vietnam factor??

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Michelle55: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
ikcid:

I'm amazed at how poor your sentence construction is, merely by reading your messages on this thread. Is it due to the Vietnam factor??
Be calming down boss smiley, I noticed it too but chose to ignore hoping it has to do with the Vietnam factor.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.