Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle (51420 Views)

Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures) / Scientists Discover Pencil-Sized Species Of Snake, Hiding In Plain Sight (Pics) / 'Dinosaur Of Turtle World': Monster-Sized Snapping Turtle Found In Florida (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by tellwisdom: 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
dazzlingd:

It's so sad dealing with a large number of idiots everywhere...

Knowledge has gone far too advance than your cave men era...the world has gone light years and left u ignoranmous several years behind...shame on africa...capital of backwardness

You are dull and I won’t blame you for that.
What exactly do you understand about knowledge??
How do you access knowledge?
Who do you term knowledgeable?
Is there any definition of the aforementioned without a trace of a white made meaning??

What knowledge of your own can you be known for?

Your sense has been tied up, and in no doubt transmitting this monotonous feat to your generation..
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Blackking98(m): 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
Monaco2:

Learn not to dey quote person unnecessary, no b everything u see u go react to, I’m an enlightened man, I know wats up it’s just that sometimes u just can’t help but wonder about how they analyze n come to the conclusion that something is 10 million years old dinosaurs walked the earth 60 million years ago.... all this sometimes makes me laff, dats y I said wat I said
They used different methods to know including carbon dating. Other nations are advancing rapidly, don't think because you're in Nigeria the rest of the world isn't moving forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
abummrbet9ja1:
LET'S DESTROY B.E.T.9.J.A.

Honestly our youths are unproductive scientifically. It's destroying Nigerian youths
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Blackking98(m): 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
dazzlingd:

You think the earth was created thousand of years ago....it has been proven that the earth is billions of years old...doubting the possibility of events happening 330 million years ago is ignorance, the universe itself is just too massive and endless to doubt the possibility of billions of events occurring, human mind cant even comprehend its size and limitlessnes.
Then u sit somewhere in Africa in a very insignificant portion of the solar system which is even insignificant in a milky way galaxy which is even minute in the universe to say something is impossible

This same topic will be discussed with much more intelligence by kids in other part of the world...but here, see grown ignorant old people screaming impossible

Exactly bro. After they'll be insulting USA and other world powers, knowledge is another reason they are more relevant than many nation's. I doubt this nairaland people have time to watch educational channels on DStv aside super sport, news, African magic and Bbnaija. Simple watching of discovery channel will have given them a clearer insight to such things.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by dazzlingd(m): 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
tellwisdom:

You are dull and I won’t blame you for that. What exactly do you understand about knowledge?? How do you access knowledge? Who do you term knowledgeable? Is there any definition of the aforementioned without a trace of a white made meaning?? What knowledge of your own can you be known for?

Your sense has been tied up, and in no doubt transmitting this monotonous feat to your generation..

I've been shifting attention to travel threads lately....destination: a more technologically and scientifically advanced country...Reason: to interact with people who are more scientifically intelligent and I dont want my children to grow up in a very backward society and end up being limited upstairs....because at the end, there is beauty in knowledge. And science is knowledge.

Not like an average african who cant think outside of religion becoming mentally retard.ed generation by generation...it is even become worse, apart from ignorance, we are filling our heads with irrelevant things...the celebrated ones are now bbnaija stars and instagram clowns, comedians....which way!!!

So in order not to interact with low intellectual beings of your kind....that's the reason I'm seeking for a new environment to meet people who we can discuss the beauty of nature, scientific discovery and futuristic ideas....

2 Likes

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by virago(f): 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
gingercrazy:
What amazes me is how they come up with their figures.

But talking donkeys and serpents don't amaze you , people living 969 years don't amaze you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by virago(f): 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
philip0906:

Nonsense!

I was waiting for you to provide emperical proof na. If I quote Bible for you to support the Genesis timeline, you'll write it off and ask for factual, logical, visible emperical proof (the hallmark of science) but you are completely bereft of ideas to do same in favor of carbon dating aside quoting formulas given to you by scientists.

Even the method of carbon dating has been called into question by a research done by scientists from Cornell University who say the significant change in the atmosphere, can impact timeline dished out by anti creationists.

This is just one of the of the numerous flaws and question marks on carbon dating issued by scientists. No sane person takes such as an absolute, except ofcourse people like you thinking they're woke.

I repeat, provide PROOF that there was a 330 million years ago? Science cannot eat her cake and have it.

How much more ignorant can one be

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
virago:

But talking donkeys and serpents don't amaze you , people living 969 years don't amaze you
I want to believe that was documented by a book that is passed down from history.
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by philip0906(m): 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
virago:

How much more ignorant can one be
Hop off my mention if you don't have sense.
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by virago(f): 5:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
philip0906:

Hop off my mention if you don't have sense.

Sorry o Mr. Senseful , your ignorance is stomach churning to say the least. It must be tough being you , once you open your mouth to make a statement people realise just how foolish you are

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by philip0906(m): 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
virago:

Sorry o Mr. Senseful , your ignorance is stomach churning to say the least. It must be tough being you , once you open your mouth to make a statement people realise just how foolish you are
I will have to remind you that you don't have monopoly over senseless and senile statements.

All I asked for was emperical, logical, sensible, verifiable and visible proof (the basic principles of science) to back up the 330 million years bunkum aside the theoritcal jargons of carbon dating that NO HUMAN has validated, no one has provided.

I never quoted you but you've quoted me twice without making ANY sensible posit.

I will ask you hop off my mention. Thanks
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by armadeo(m): 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
abummrbet9ja1:

Open thread explain why.

You wanted to destroy them but dem hammer you badly or you hate gambling?
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by seborrhic: 5:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
ccollins:
0% ,only the Bible is accurate devoid of error and has all animal human historical antiquities
Bible,written by man and translated from it's original written text is without error?
You must be a clown.
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by shogsman(m): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
Very accurate, maybe with a little margin of errors. Every organism/animal that existed on Earth had certain amount of organic materials in them. The rate of the decay of the organic matter between when they died and now is actually what they calculate. So, it could be pretty accurate cool cool
Bullocks, it's all crap, no one,I repeat no one can date an object that old,it's just assumption and pretty sure it's real age doesn't even come close to their speculation
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by etrange: 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
babzo:
Nigerians whats going on? Why can't find and preserve our own artifacts?
Which one have you found?
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Guestlander: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
babzo:

Ancient Nigerians like their modern counterparts ate all the animals.

1 Like

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by tellwisdom: 5:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
dazzlingd:

I've been shifting attention to travel threads lately....destination: a more technologically and scientifically advanced country...Reason: to interact with people who are more scientifically intelligent and I dont want my children to grow up in a very backward society and end up being limited upstairs....because at the end, there is beauty in knowledge. And science is knowledge.

Not like an average african who cant think outside of religion becoming mentally retard.ed generation by generation...it is even become worse, apart from ignorance, we are filling our heads with irrelevant things...the celebrated ones are now bbnaija stars and instagram clowns, comedians....which way!!!

So in order not to interact with low intellectual beings of your kind....that's the reason I'm seeking for a new environment to meet people who we can discuss the beauty of nature, scientific discovery and futuristic ideas....

You shifted to travel section to cop knowledge on scientific doings, abroad? I think it’s fair to say your Intelligence quotient Is nothing short of a plate of Amala without the littlest leaf of ewedu. Money wasted on your upbringing could have been well spent on a well sauced Pkomor. Anu mpam .

1 Like

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by dazzlingd(m): 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
tellwisdom:

You shifted to travel section to cop knowledge on scientific doings, abroad? I think it’s fair to say your Intelligence quotient Is nothing short of a plate of Amala without the littlest leaf of ewedu. Money wasted on your upbringing could have been well spent on a well sauced Pkomor. Anu mpam .

Conversing with the mentally challenged is like playing chess with a chicken shitting on the board

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by uuzba(m): 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
babzo:
When whale landed in Barbeach in the late 90's people ate the whale and ate the bone.
All the snake they've been eating on the NL, them chop complete, nothing remain.
You will never find artifacts in Nigeria except pure water sachet and plastic bottles.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
abummrbet9ja1:
YOU DON FALL MUGU ABI? LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by sacx: 6:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
ccollins:
0% ,only the Bible is accurate devoid of error and has all animal human historical antiquities

Lol, you don't know that. Biblical history places the existence of humans in the earth at 6000+ years but doesn't tell how old the earth is. I believe there was a long passage of time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. The earth wasn't created formless; the fall of Lucifer rendered it so.
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2020
babzo:
nigerians dont preserve..they destroy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2020
Monaco2:

Learn not to dey quote person unnecessary, no b everything u see u go react to, I’m an enlightened man, I know wats up it’s just that sometimes u just can’t help but wonder about how they analyze n come to the conclusion that something is 10 million years old dinosaurs walked the earth 60 million years ago.... all this sometimes makes me laff, dats y I said wat I said
there are preserved fossils of dinoseaurs for you to see.dinoseaurs really existed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2020
babzo:

They might have already found some. Possible descendants of the giants mentioned in Genesis 6. They were probably 9ft tall.
they have some programmes about giants that existed on the earth in prehistoric times on geographical channel

1 Like

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
ccollins:
did the bible mention all the types of animals that where on earth at the time? its only in africa that we believe jesus is white cos of the religious movies we have watched on the life of jesus but in actual fact jesus is not white but the average nigerian would be aurguing that jesus is a white man because of the movie Jesus of nazareth or mel gibson"s passion of christ cheesy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by babzo(m): 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
etrange:

Which one have you found?

Many sir. An ancient wall in Oyo town when someone was digging the ground and for his foundation and discovered an already built wall deep under ground.

1 Like

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by babzo(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2020
sleek82:
In Geologic time scale, humans were not in existence 2 billion years ago

I was referring to Genesis 6 which was about 5000 years ago
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by babzo(m): 7:36pm On Feb 15, 2020
Sirheny007:

20billion years ago?

5000 years ago.
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by dazzlingd(m): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
sacx:

Lol, you don't know that. Biblical history places the existence of humans in the earth at 6000+ years but doesn't tell how old the earth is. I believe there was a long passage of time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. The earth wasn't created formless; the fall of Lucifer rendered it so.

There was no long passage anywhere.. the bible is just filled with inconsistencies, what more could someone expect from a book written by ignorant cave men with stone age ideologies. Nothing sacred about it, it's all nonsense that makes absolute no sense...
Nonsense fairy tales that should be read only for entertainment, never to be taken this serious and sacred

2 Likes

Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by omojeesu(m): 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
Sirheny007:
The other one was 330,000,000 million years ago.
This one is 13,000,000million years ago.
Please,
How accurate is carbon dating?

Thank you!
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by sacx: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
dazzlingd:

There was no long passage anywhere.. the bible is just filled with inconsistencies, what more could someone expect from a book written by ignorant cave men with stone age ideologies. Nothing sacred about it, it's all nonsense that makes absolute no sense...
Nonsense fairy tales that should be read only for entertainment, never to be taken this serious and sacred

Were you expecting me to get riled up by this comment of yours? I actually found it funny. Sounds like you are throwing a tantrum cheesy.

However you came about this opinion, I'm not sure. But I see someone who felt he had been taken for a ride by religion, and now find it necessary to have nothing to do with it. Whatever lie was sold to you, I don't know, but I am come to give you life.
Re: Car-Sized Prehistoric South American Turtle Was Built For Battle by Whiteways: 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
God is great. I still dont know/understand how they have idea of the 7m to 13m. Can someone help me out. I need to know how they do the research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Two Deadly Scorpions I Caught Live In Osun State (Pictures) / How To Check Your BVN Number With Your Mobile Phone Without Internet / The World's Smallest Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.