Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,048 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Which Of These Music Artistes Paved Way For Other Nigerian Musicians In Africa - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Of These Music Artistes Paved Way For Other Nigerian Musicians In Africa (512 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Musicians That Money Couldn't Blow / Meet Nigerian Musicians Who Are Talented But Not Popular / Nigerian Musicians Categorized Into A - F List By AdebisiOlumide5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Music Artistes Paved Way For Other Nigerian Musicians In Africa by banji1(m): 11:22am On Feb 15, 2020
From the list of Nigerian music artistes below, who would you say is the best and who paved way for other Nigerian musicians in Africa and beyond?
1. Femi/Fela Kuti
2. Olamide
3. Tuface
4. D'banj
5. Wizkid
6. Davido
7. Burna Boy

You're free to add a name you feel is missing and state why...�

For more, join Pinipie, The Celebrities Fans Community https://www.pinipie.com/

Re: Which Of These Music Artistes Paved Way For Other Nigerian Musicians In Africa by Bluntguy: 11:40am On Feb 15, 2020
None on the list. These are all small boys of yesterday.

The list should have looked like this
1) Chief Sunny Ade
2) Chief Ebenezer Obey
3) Chief Stephen Osita Osadebey.
4) Fela Anikulapo Kuti
5) Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson

There is nothing to choose on this list. They paved the way for others.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Music Artistes Paved Way For Other Nigerian Musicians In Africa by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 15, 2020
Going by your list, I'll say Tuface. But I didn't include Femi because his type of music is different and there are certain people who listens to his songs outside 9ja. Mostly those old oyinbo pipo..
Re: Which Of These Music Artistes Paved Way For Other Nigerian Musicians In Africa by Skyfornia(m): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2020
Tubaba...to be frank, Fela really did well as a musician but his music didn't bring limelight to Africa maybe cause of the period he was in the game. But Tubaba was the first to bring the attention of the world to Nigeria cum Africa as long as contemporary music is concerned. So I give it up for the living legend.
Re: Which Of These Music Artistes Paved Way For Other Nigerian Musicians In Africa by banji1(m): 11:49am On Feb 15, 2020
Bluntguy:
None on the list. These are all small boys of yesterday.

The list should have looked like this
1) Chief Sunny Ade
2) Chief Ebenezer Obey
3) Chief Stephen Osita Osadebey.
4) Fela Anikulapo Kuti
5) Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson

There is nothing to choose on this list. They paved the way for others.
I understand you. But I made the list based on the names of the artistes that are still active.
Re: Which Of These Music Artistes Paved Way For Other Nigerian Musicians In Africa by Bluntguy: 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
banji1:

I understand you. But I made the list based on the names of the artistes that are still active.
Okay then, but they need more time in order to do more, unless there is something about each of them that I am yet to be aware of.

(1) (Reply)

[music] This Year - Berrylyon Ft Shyefe - Naijamedialog Promotions / [music] Zlatan – Gbas Gbos / Am Doing Giveaway To My Youtube Subscribers, 5k To 20people, Just Follow Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.