Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge (1423 Views)

Indian Hemp Found In Man's House In Kano, Exposed By Whistle-Blowers / Face Of Woman Who Parked SUV, Jumped Off Mainland Bridge, Her Nude Photos Leaked / Drug Suspect In U.S Jumps Into Ocean To Evade Police, Swims Near Huge Shark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by cpu2006(m): 11:36am On Feb 15, 2020
An unidentified man on the popular Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos has just jumped into the ocean.

Rescuers have been mobilized to the scene and are making frantic efforts to save him.

Details shortly…
Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by Commentor: 11:37am On Feb 15, 2020
He can't go like that.

He must pay me the money he owes me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by donbachi(m): 11:40am On Feb 15, 2020
which details?...all of us know sey na Val related.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 15, 2020
He's just one of many , who have committed suicide in that deadly ocean. They only saw him because it happened during the day time. Many has jumped into it at night when nobody could see them.

4 Likes

Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by Vaughanlanrewaj: 11:46am On Feb 15, 2020
cpu2006:
An unidentified man on the popular Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos has just jumped into the ocean.

Rescuers have been mobilized to the scene and are making frantic efforts to save him.

Details shortly…

Ocean bawo? Third mainland has no ocean o. May God help him.

1 Like

Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by millionboi2: 11:48am On Feb 15, 2020
Ocean drive

1 Like

Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by Vaughanlanrewaj: 11:50am On Feb 15, 2020
fairfora:
He's just one of many , who have committed suicide in that deadly ocean. They only saw him because it happened during the day time. Many has jumped into it at night when nobody could see them.
Hmm. Do you have your facts? This is not true. Many bawo? Lagos doesn't even have as much water compared to land than Bayelsa. If you don't have your facts, you may actually be making an unsubstantiated claim.
Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by tellwisdom: 11:51am On Feb 15, 2020
Ocean kee u there. Water wey my 10yrs old niece go swim; come out. Even carry person swim am sef. angry
Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by Laytin: 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
[s]
Commentor:
He can't go like that.

He must pay me the money he owes me.
[/s]
Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by princeade86(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
RIP
Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Hmm. Do you have your facts? This is not true. Many bawo? Lagos doesn't even have as much water compared to land than Bayelsa. If you don't have your facts, you may actually be making an unsubstantiated claim.
In 2011, as we were coming back from the island around 9pm, a man was seen walking along the railings as if he was looking for something. All of a sudden, he placed his foot on the aluminium railings and jumped down. Nobody knew what happened eventually whether he survived it or not.

In 2014, my friend's church member, whom I also know very well, does POP work. One night he was coming in his vehicle alongside his partner around 11:45pm from Lekki where they went to work. His partner suggested they passed surulere/stadium axis as it was late but this guy insisted on taking the 3rd mainland route. On getting to the bridge, the vehicle started behaving funny so they parked to check the engine. In short, the vehicle finally stopped and at this time, it was around 1am so they decided to sleep in the vehicle because they couldn't afford to leave it behind or trek the long distance on the bridge to oworo area.

Barely 30 minutes after they took that decision, the car owner told his partner not to risk sleeping in the car. They slept underneath the vehicle as they too were afraid because everywhere was dry and dark. They had not sleep so deeply when a vehicle passed them by and stopped a few meters away, threw an object which looked human into the lagoon and zoomed off.

They were scared so they couldn't sleep again. When it was around 3am, a black toyota land cruiser prado drove past them and stopped. One man in a white jalabia came out of the vehicle and walked toward their vehicle, beamed his torch light inside the vehicle apparently to check if there was a living being inside. Thank God he didn't beam his torchlight underneath the vehicle, he would have seen them. So they became more terrified. The man left and with the help of 2 other guys, dragged a girl out of the jeep who was shouting, please, dont kill me please...suddenly they beheaded this girl, took off her breast and private part, kept all, including her head inside a black cellophane bag and threw the body in the Lagoon and zoomed off.
Those two incidents they witnessed were enough proofs. This guy went to church the following sunday to thank God for safety of their souls.

Things happen on that bridge in the night, which could have been prevented, had they happened during the day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by segebase(m): 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2020
He did the right thing ..booharii regime and coming of coronavirus ..he has to do d needful....rip
Re: Just In: Man Jump Into Ocean On Third Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 15, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Bros, another one happened today around 11am. Read below ;

https://www.nairaland.com/5688834/uber-passenger-jumps-into-lagos

Now I've given you enough facts. It happens daily around there . I wish the govt intensified efforts in securing and guarding that place day and night to prevent people from taking their lives by jumping into the deadly lagoon. Such a move could only happen in a same society because the puppets in charge of Lagos affairs aren't proactive enough to think in that direction.

(1) (Reply)

Video:momend Robbers Hijacks A Car Leaving One Of Them Behind At The Crime Scene / Man Paraded For Trying To Poison Twin Brother For Money Ritual(Full Story+Video) / See What Happened To Blind Man Who Dropped Cash Mistakenly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.