Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

How To Sell A Book In Nigeria - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Sell A Book In Nigeria (10341 Views)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / Pls Where Can I Buy This Book In Lagos ? / Have Your Book In Print In A Couple Of Days Without Paying A Dime. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by paul4eva: 5:41pm On Jun 01, 2007
Hello Nairalanders,

Please can you suggest a better, less costlier way of selling a book in Nigeria? I will appreciate your response a great deal. Thanks
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by Hala(m): 12:34am On Jun 03, 2007
what kind of book are you talking about here. Better profit can be made depending on the marketing technique.
To me selling a book is not really a problem but selling a script is my prsent problem.
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by usdbox: 7:44am On Jun 03, 2007
The best way to sell a book is through internet.build a blog and have it design nicely and put all the books you want to sell on it. Indicate the type of payment you accept and make the price cheaper.
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by MP007(m): 9:41am On Jun 03, 2007
Pray to God on a mountain for seven dayz against pirates, ,, lol

1 Like

Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 9:43am On Jun 03, 2007
Marketing is the key.
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by TheOne2(m): 11:05am On Jun 03, 2007
Just make sure the title is about HYIPs. It will sell like hot akara and Agege bread!!!!
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by myro(m): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2007
HYIPs??

what is that?
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by TheOne2(m): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2007
You don't know? Where have you been? HYIPs are the money doublers/magicians/fraudsters that our people seem to have embraced abandoning any thinking ability in order to believe that someone can turn 2500 to 250000 in 9 weeks. I mean pennywise, casheseed, sefteg, wealth solution etc.
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by charm01(m): 1:55pm On Jun 04, 2007
To sell a book,identify your target audience and take the book to them one-on-one.It may be herculean initially but you would have built a customer base such that subsequent publications can be procured at designated locations.kunle Abrahams.
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by babadee(m): 6:07pm On Jun 04, 2007
Get a broom, a mat and a bell.
then proceed to Ojuelegba under bridge,
find a good spot
sweep it clean,
lay your mat over it
arrange your books neatly and attractively
and the holla at the top of your lungs while ringing your bell
100, 100, 100( or whatever the amount you choose to sell), bendownlow and pick.
surely your books will sell

1 Like

Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by koko2007(m): 12:52pm On Jun 06, 2007
[bsales vendors wanted for  immediate employment
To market H2H magazine(her-2-him)
Qualification: ssce
Salary:wages/commision
172,gbagada expressway,oworonshoki,gbagada phase1
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by newera(f): 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2007
In Nigeria definitely not bookshops. Bookshops are just a good central place to direct people to, after you have made your own marketing efforts.

It's got to be direct marketing in whatever form. Define your target market and seek them out. Put the book in their face and if it is well packaged and has good content thethey will buy. For example if your market is in the schools then you have to find a way to run around and get the books to them.

Even soft sell magazine that sell like hot cake (in spite of the low Nigerian reading habit); sells because it is hawked on the streets and shoved in the face of car occupiers.

Selling books in Nigeria is hard work
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by newera(f): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2007
sounds unbelievable, sounds funny, but the more successful books sellers are in Ajegunle, Ojuelegba etc and that is their strategy
babadee:

Get a broom, a mat and a bell.
then proceed to Ojuelegba under bridge,
find a good spot
sweep it clean,
lay your mat over it
arrange your books neatly and attractively
and the holla at the top of your lungs while ringing your bell
100, 100, 100( or whatever the amount you choose to sell), bendownlow and pick.
surely your books will sell

Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by rozilla(m): 12:56am On Jun 07, 2007
@paul4eva

sell your books for FREE on Clickafricana.com
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by olubiz(m): 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2007
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by mandi: 5:44am On Jun 11, 2007
A friend of mine uses Lulu.

http://www.lulu.com/

From the website:

Lulu is fast, easy and free.
Publish and sell easily within minutes.
No set-up fees. No minimum order.
Keep control of the rights.
Set your own price.
Each product is printed as it is ordered.
No excess inventory.
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by zubike01(m): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hi, my name is A.A Ahubelem i am the Author of "JOIN DON'T" a bold fast selling book in Nigerian. While Selling your book in Nigerian you would encounter a major problem which is distribution but here is how i handled mine.

1st of all i created a Facebook Page where i posted my book preview and invited my friends and urged them to invite others.

2nd I created a simple website http://www.jollyrogueseries.com/ you can create a blog if you can't create a website.http://jollyrougeseries..com/

Next when i got loads of comments on Facebook and people began to demand for the book, I began to deliver the book to them personally and charge for deliver. When i got request outside lagos, i gave them a discount and added the posting fee. I use ABC they charge 1100 for delivery.

When i had sold enough and broken even i began to visit bookshops and request that they showcase my book on their shelf. I issues them an invoice to collect payment after. After which i listed all the bookshops on my website.

When my fans on Facebook get bored i encourage them by posting an excerpt of my book (http://www.facebook.com/388942974500182/posts/432686380100262) to keep them engaged.

So far my book has sold 350 copies cash for the initial price of 2000 Naira and about 100 copies @ 1000 naira(i dropped the price after i broke even) I have about 200 unevenly distributed at bookshops at a 40 percent discount i.e for 600 naira.

What next i put the book on Amazon (Don't Join
by Azubike a. Ahubelem
Link: http://amzn.com/1496986970)so i can target the international market.

Selling E-book is very hard so you might need to invest in Google adds and Facebook adds and buy targeted emails if you don't have a mailing list from your initial profit but trust me . Once your eBooks start selling you would keep smiling. I've current sold about 43 eBooks for the price of 4$ each and i am hoping to sell more.

Hope this was able to help. .

4 Likes

Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by mtzion: 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
Try Bookateria. You sell your E-book and get 70% royalty. They handle payment, delivery and others.
You can track your earnings via a dashboard and see your sales grow. A link to your book which you can share anywhere and get more sales.

And most important, piracy wont be a problem cos you can opt in for DRM protection.

Visit www.bookateria.net for more.
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 13, 2020
usdbox:
The best way to sell a book is through internet.build a blog and have it design nicely and put all the books you want to sell on it. Indicate the type of payment you accept and make the price cheaper.
That's my same problem man. I need help
Re: How To Sell A Book In Nigeria by six33fourng: 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2023
Buy books online from your favourite bookstore in Nigeria. We have a veritable collection of books that span categories as diverse as you could possibly expect.

From segments like accountancy, to parenting and pregnancy, to banking and finance, to even topics on yoga and meditation – almost any category you seek you would books on it.

Apply to join the largest independent marketplace for sellers today! In addition to helping us to support you and our fellow booksellers, you'll get:

Lowest fees and commissions of any commercial marketplace.
No monthly fee option — you don't pay if you don't sell.
Reach thousands times more people than a magazine ad, for a fraction of the cost

Visit - https://six33four.ng/bookstore/

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Quality Article In Less Than 15 Minutes / Marchiavelli's 48 Laws Of Power / CHRISTMAS SPECIAL -- Drop your Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.