Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi (2326 Views)

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) / Man Climbs Glo Mast In Kebbi, Says He Won't Come Down Until Buhari Steps Down / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Omooba77: 12:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ahmad Gumi, a Kaduna-based Islamic cleric, has noted that he thought former president, Goodluck Jonathan was not competent enough to handle the security situation in the country, until Muhammadu Buhari took over power.

Gumi, who was a vocal critic of Jonathan when he was in power, expressed concern over the escalating security situation in the north, as Boko Haram continue to kill people freely, while the Buhari administration continues to free so-called repentant terrorists captured by soldiers.
The preacher, who is now a more vocal critic of Buhari administration, stated that he had thought Jonathan was unable to end Nigeria’s security woes during his administration, but he is now convinced that Muhammadu is much worse.
He said the bIoodshed under Buhari is more than doubled of what occurred under Jonathan, saying he does not see any reason why Buhari should continue to rule the country.

He therefore advised the president to resign from his position.
He said: “I blamed Jonathan with bIood in his hand because Boko Haram were putting b*mbs everywhere and government was not doing enough.
“Anybody kiIIed under your regime, you are responsible for that bIood. If you have done your best, I can say yes, Allah can forgive you. But if you are relaxed, no; Allah will not forgive you. So it is the same thing now.
Read Also: Coronavirus Hits Africa As Egypt Confirms First Case
“The bIoodshed now is more than, combined together, the bIoodshed during Jonathan’s regime. So now you judge yourselves to be fair. Our religion is a religion of fairness.
“During Jonathan’s time when the bIood was flowing too much — mosques and churches and streets, I said let him resign because I could see he could not handle the bIood flow.
“He could not handle it. I said please resign with immediate effect because you cannot handle the kiIIing of innocent people.

“That is why I called for his resignation and government newspaper and others published it. Is that possible today?
“Now more bIood is shed from negligence, from sleeping, from laziness, from I-dont-care.
“If I am true to myself, as I called for the resignation of Jonathan, I should call for the resignation of President Buhari, and with immediate effect! And government paper should carried it also, if there is truth.
“As bad as Jonathan was, he was more democratic and had given people freedom to speak — even against him. You could see when he saw there was problem, he relinquished power, saying ‘I don’t want bIood to be shed.

“This man (Jonathan) build for us nine universities in the North, more than 150 Almajiri schools. Even this railway from Abuja to Kaduna. He has done a lot of things. But I was charging him because bIood; bIood is the most expensive thing in life.
“There was nothing I have not said (against Jonathan). He should be impeached, he should resign, he was divisive.
“So now I have one of two options. If I can not tell my own brother what I have told this man, then I should take an aeroplane from Abuja to Jonathan and say please forgive me for castigating you in public.
“I rather seek his apology or castigate the president too. One of the two, there is no three. We have been patient with this government. If it is another, wallahi it would have been more than this.

“People are dy*ng, everyday. Yesterday somebody was kidna*ped. People are suffering, and nobody can say it because they have taken over out throats because they don’t want to hear something bad against the man.
“Buhari is full of mistakes. Full of mistakes! He is human being like anybody. And I swear to God that there are many people here in the North that can perform better than him. Better!”

https://www.newsbreak.ng/i-thought-jonathan-was-incompetent-until-buhari-came-to-power-gumi/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Davash222(m): 1:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
In our quest for solution, we find a huge problem in Buhari. Let's enjoy our problem in peace, please.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by helinues: 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Are you sheriously serious?

Cos no plates to lick like before bah?

1 Like

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Davash222(m): 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
helinues:

Cos no plates to leave lick again bah?
Your case is getting out of hand. You seriously need help asap.

7 Likes

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by kiyosaki1(m): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
This is hate speech. According to sultan. Gumi should be behind the bar by now.
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by crownwealth: 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
[s]
helinues:

[/s]

Everything is your life is about plate licking and bribing, right?

5 Likes

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Dreal1247: 1:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
But many knew that but just because of sentiment and the agenda of Islam, they imposed him on us. Could Nnamdi Kanu be right in saying that we have Jubril from Sudan as an imposter?

1 Like

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Lebrai: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
people don't value what they've not lost
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by aolawale025: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
Glad he found out
Buhari made GEJ look like a genius

3 Likes

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by crownwealth: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
Major General Buhari is a fraud, a colossal failure and destined for The Hague’s prison.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by healthserve(m): 1:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Down Right Left Suepr flick kick
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Sabby1(m): 1:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
They refused to see and read the handwriting on the wall, now the effects is beyond comprehension

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Nbote(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2020
helinues:

No worry, if Sarrki can find his sense again, u also can..

6 Likes

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by slivertongue: 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2020
Buhari is incompetence personified
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by CeterisXVII: 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
aolawale025:
Glad he found out
Buhari made GEJ look like a genius
Honestly....this is a serious indictment of PMB. More decisive action needs to be taken, to curtail Boko Haram's evil terrorism.

4 Likes

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Omooba77: 1:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
CeterisXVII:

Honestly....this is a serious indictment of PMB. More decisive action needs to be taken, to curtail Boko Haram's evil terrorism.

Boko Haram is just blossoming
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Omooba77: 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2020
slivertongue:
Buhari is incompetence personified

Nothing but the Truth
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Dreambeat: 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Confused Nigerians: Jonathan is incompetent
Buhari: Hold my beer kunu

2 Likes

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
Mumu na now day break for una side? undecided
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by socialmediaman: 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
In his second term in office? Shouldn’t those who are booing or criticizing him after voting him the second time be covering their heads in shame?
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Omooba77: 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
“This man (Jonathan) build for us nine universities in the North, more than 150 Almajiri schools. Even this railway from Abuja to Kaduna. He has done a lot of things. But I was charging him because bIood; bIood is the most expensive thing in life.
“There was nothing I have not said (against Jonathan). He should be impeached, he should resign, he was divisive.
“So now I have one of two options. If I can not tell my own brother what I have told this man, then I should take an aeroplane from Abuja to Jonathan and say please forgive me for castigating you in public.
“I rather seek his apology or castigate the president too. One of the two, there is no three. We have been patient with this government. If it is another, wallahi it would have been more than this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Tomide007: 2:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Mumu na now day break for una side? undecided
Why u so filled with bitterness...he support buhari, nah abuse, he stopped supporting buhari still abusing.ha.
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2020
Tomide007:

Why u so filled with bitterness...he support buhari, nah abuse, he stopped supporting buhari still abusing.ha.
He is one of the foolish Nigerians who brought calamity upon Nigeria in their quest to find solutions and he is just waking up to realities after how many years. He is a big fool, so there are others in the north that can perform better than buhari, the dullard but the fools....installed that dead thing. You folks don't know the harm that dead thing has done to Nigeria but una eye go clear soon.
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Omooba77: 2:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
Lalasticlala please help us beg GEJ to forgive this man and everyone that saw otherwise
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by amc: 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
Lets go and beg GEJ to come back, so Boko Haram can go back to bombing churches, mosques, schools, universities, UN buildings etc.

Some people have totally lost their mind.

1 Like

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by SarkinYarki: 2:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
helinues:

Receive sense man , you are disgracing your ancestors who I believe where men of honor ..later you will condemn Judas Iscariot but what you are doing is no different from what he did because of 30 shekels and you are doing yours for the same 30k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by dreamwords: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
Afonja head slammers think otherwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Bola146(f): 4:07pm On Feb 15, 2020
Hummmm... all these people are only after their pockets... Only God understands why is Nigeria suffering from bad leaders
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Okoroawusa: 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2020
I Love PMB
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Samunique(m): 4:17pm On Feb 15, 2020
Buhari is full of mistakes. Full of mistakes! He is human being like anybody. And I swear to God that there are many people here in the North that can perform better than him. Better!”
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Collins9156(m): 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
Omooba77:
Re: I Thought Jonathan Was Incompetent Until Buhari Came To Power – Gumi by Charmingrascal(m): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2020
That was the thought of many of us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

THROWBACK: When Lauretta Onochie Called Buhari An Old Man / Some People's Game Plan Is To Divide Yoruba Land With Religion. / Buhari: Are Igbos Still Wailers And Sore Losers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.