Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (1121 Views)

Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World / UNN, UNILAG & OAU Are The Best In Law School Results / Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by MrJavaS: 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
Re: . by ikh777: 6:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
MrJavaS:
Good day everyone.

I am a 300 level student in a Federal University. I currently have a CGPA of 4.5 and the best has a CGPA of 4.81. I want to collect that title from him but he beats me no matter how hard I try.

Though I am aware that having a high CGPA does not equate to success in life, I just don't like playing second fiddle in all aspects of my life.
cc:lalalasticlala

I believe you are not in NIGERIA, if you are then sadly you may be BLIND or have a wrong vision.

How can you be thinking of beating someone in your low-life federal university when someone in ghana studying the same course is MILES AHEAD OF YOU.

Whatever you are studying, I am too sure your books are not written with the info on current tech or what is currently ongoing in the world.

ARE YOU A CHILD, WHO TOLD YOU CARRYING FIRST IN SCHOOL MEANS ANYTHING ANYMORE.... or will they carry you and put you on a table for the whole school to clap for you during ASSEMBLY? grin grin grin grin

ogbeni use your UPPER.... if you have any sense in your intelligent mind, use it to CARRY FIRST IN LIFE.

save, invest, go for seminars and conferences, get skills and come out a TOP CLASS STUDENT. No one values first class anymore....go and check.

my post may sound harsh but it is the wake up call all UNIVERSITY STUDENTS DYING FOR A PAPER DEGREE currently need to hear.... LAS LAS SCHOOL GO BE SCAM.

Education in Nigeria teaches you to accept what the status quo is, meanwhile SELF EDUCATION opens your mind to limitless possibilities.

I salute you brother, get good grades but dont chase anyone. Compete against your future.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by MrJavaS: 7:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
ikh777:

I believe you are not in NIGERIA, if you are then sadly you may be BLIND or have a wrong vision.

How can you be thinking of beating someone in your low-life federal university when someone in ghana studying the same course is MILES AHEAD OF YOU.

Whatever you are studying, I am too sure your books are not written with the info on current tech or what is currently ongoing in the world.

ARE YOU A CHILD, WHO TOLD YOU CARRYING FIRST IN SCHOOL MEANS ANYTHING ANYMORE.... or will they carry you and put you on a table for the whole school to clap for you during ASSEMBLY? grin grin grin grin

ogbeni use your UPPER.... if you have any sense in your intelligent mind, use it to CARRY FIRST IN LIFE.

save, invest, go for seminars and conferences, get skills and come out a TOP CLASS STUDENT. No one values first class anymore....go and check.

my post may sound harsh but it is the wake up call all UNIVERSITY STUDENTS DYING FOR A PAPER DEGREE currently need to hear.... LAS LAS SCHOOL GO BE SCAM.

Education in Nigeria teaches you to accept what the status quo is, meanwhile SELF EDUCATION opens your mind to limitless possibilities.

I salute you brother, get good grades but dont chase anyone. Compete against your future.

Thanks I appreciate that
Re: . by budaatum: 7:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
I was going to say 'study harder', but after reading what you've said, I'll go with what you said.

ikh777:

Re: . by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
By the time you graduate you will see a lot of first class and distinction graduates jostling for 40k job. That time you will join the league of graduates that say education in Nigeria is a scam.

With the cgpa you have, maintain it and get a skill along, that's the best advice I can give you. Get well in the skill. Best of luck.
Re: . by MrJavaS: 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
2kaybiel:
By the time you graduate you will see a lot of first class and distinction graduates jostling for 40k job. That time you will join the league of graduates that say education in Nigeria is a scam.

With the cgpa you have, maintain it and get a skill along, that's the best advice I can give you. Get well in the skill. Best of luck.

Yea.,...Nigeria is gradually leaving certificate based economy and focusing more on skill sets
Re: . by Heylius(m): 7:20pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bro quit this thinking.
The only compition you have is against poverty not your fellow course mate.
Grow up

If you're my friend and said this to my hearing trust me i will start avoiding you. Because is your type that's always ungrateful and greedy.

1 Like

Re: . by MrJavaS: 6:56am On Feb 16, 2020
Heylius:
Bro quit this thinking.
The only compition you have is against poverty not your fellow course mate.
Grow up

If you're my friend and said this to my hearing trust me i will start avoiding you. Because is your type that's always ungrateful and greedy.

I get your point bro

(1) (Reply)

FG Directs Tertiary Institution To Resume Session Through Online / Medical Science / Currently, 1 Tron Is 15 Naira. Do You Want To Earn Trons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.