Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,395 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? (683 Views)

Was Nairaland Down? / I Took A Visit To Nairaland-like Kenyan Top Blog,,,,they Hate Us(pics) / Why Is My Nairaland Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 16, 2020
So I stumbled upon some nairaland threads from the past(far back as 2005) and they were so beautiful beautiful cry

I think I should be able to give some kind of insight and spare you the trouble of searching through these lost treasures.

Firstly, people then were nicer, less fights and insults. Not that they did not disagree o, they did. But there were limits to the way they spoke. All these tribal bigotry didn't seem to exist then. In fact it seemed like the community was comprised of Nigerians abroad and Nigerians home at quite equal proportions.

It was a community
If you noticed in the previous paragraph, I said community because that's what they were, like a WhatsApp group. Everyone seemed to know one another. It must have been really interesting for seun then, because I feel he could say what he wanted at that time genuinely unlike now that I feel he has to rep NL and be PC.

People loved the country
They loved the country. Unlike now when everyone seems to want to have a piece of the country. They loved the country not because it was economically prospering then or that they were living the life but because of their experiences. Like the fact that they read Ali and simbi, raliat the sugar girl, the fact that they eat egusi, the music, jokes and discussions that are unique to Nigeria they were exposed to, and they shared all these experiences, only because they were Nigerians. That's why they loved the country

They seemed more intelligent.
Everyone seemed to contribute intellectualy, and the way they spoke showed they were exposed. And that is something of note because internet access wasn't so ubiquitous, and one has to go the extra mile of reading to actually get some information back then. This is shocking because one usually thinks the younger generation is smarter and the older one is oblivious of many things. That isn't the case.

Morality and conservatism
People were more responsible and less lewd in their expression. I had to state this because I really like that.

People weren't so different
I know it seemed that I had been establishing the differences across times but sometimes they behave just as we do. This boys vs girls thing, boys washing up to girls and all that, they also created multiple accounts. Even down to the way they spoke, sometimes I forget that I'm reading a thread as far back as 15 years ago. They use similar slangs and abbreviations, who could have thought ROTFL was a thing back then down to their sexual discussions( I opened the thread for research purposes ni o lipsrsealed), all that I thought was just in existence, they've been doing it since back then.

Time stamps
It was interesting to be able to tell so many things from those threads. In one thread, someone posted a parody of Rihanna's umbrella— Ebute Metta by banky and they were like "...this guy is good" "he seems like a cheap artist...." "Yah, I heard the song on the radio today" and it's funny in retrospect. Then it was common to find emails around, since that was the only way they could chat, send videos and all other documents. Then there was a particular thread talking about how Facebook is addictive, how she can talk to her friends from far away, connect with old friends and it really put things into perspective, of how things can be so on top and then become obsolete quickly. The time stamp was the most interesting thing about all these. The fact that we can come back 10yrs into the future and see how things have changed and the ideals we held and all other things from that time and these threads are still here, acting like a calendar, journal and time capsule kiss

In conclusion, it was a bitter sweet experience, because they seemed like very interesting people, I even sort of miss them without knowing them at all. And it's weird because yours truly was a CHILD when these people were doing their thing. And that's why I think we should keep on writing and creating these silly threads. So that people can have a glimpse and interact with a part of you even after many years have passed since you.

So if you've been on nairaland that long, what are the changes you noticed, the people you miss, and other things you'd like to share. If you haven't been here that long but witnessed times change or have something to reminisce about, please share.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 2:31am On Feb 16, 2020
Good old days huh
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by daveP(m): 2:57am On Feb 16, 2020
Twas lovely.

However, Nairaland's mathematical constant is humor and lateron, sacarsm.

Have a bad day? Just log on to Nairaland.

Its potentials, however has never fully unlocked.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Bluntguy: 3:09am On Feb 16, 2020
If we must get back to the good old days, a lot of people will have to leave the forum. So many children and insults these days. Tribalism and bigotry everywhere. This is the result of having an ethnic government in the name of a federal government.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Bifrost: 3:19am On Feb 16, 2020
I enjoyed the good old days, when I accessed Nairaland from the cyber cafe on most evenings. cry
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Nobody: 5:09am On Feb 16, 2020
The good old days when 90% of members were sane, learned, versatile and vast. The forum is a comedy center now. Over 95% of members are insane and mentally unstable. 3% out of the remaining 5% are even drug addicts. So actually less that 2% are mentally stable.

The good old days when MOD's were drug free and had the integrity of the forum at heart. When resourceful and educating topics use to grace front page. Not like now that "Regina Daniels starts her monthly period" can grace front page

The days when the total count of members was close to actual, unlike now that everybody has a triplicate account.

Nairaland should go learn from Quora. That's a platform!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by olaboy33(m): 10:41am On Feb 16, 2020
Overtime, I believe Nairaland has evolved from an educative forum into more of an entertainment forum.

I wouldn't blame seun, the world has changed and entertainment brings more money.

Nowadays People are more concerned with the new ride their celebrity bought over the dept status of the country and that is why you see posts like that on the front page.

Seun is simply giving majority of the people what they want.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 16, 2020
daveP:
Twas lovely.

However, Nairaland's mathematical constant is humor and lateron, sacarsm.

Have a bad day? Just log on to Nairaland.

Its potentials, however has never fully unlocked.
I agree. Does things seem constant. But some bad things have joined in. People carry out scams on the platform, tribal bigotry, less wholesomeness and all

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 16, 2020
olaboy33:
Overtime, I believe Nairaland has evolved from an educative forum into more of an entertainment forum.

I wouldn't blame seun, the world has changed and entertainment brings more money.

Nowadays People are more concerned with the new ride their celebrity bought over the dept status of the country and that is why you see posts like that on the front page.

Seun is simply giving majority of the people what they want.
Asides all those threads, I'm talking about threads that are peculiar to nairaland or things that go on that are like "this is a nairaland thing".
I remember a type were "ten types of ..." "Ten things ..." They were called the list thread and they were popular then with a guy named tosyne2much creating the bulk of such threads. Now the raining threads that are peculiar to nairaland are family matter topics. I remember some notable personalities like yuzedo and his Rita Dominic girlfriend and banana island. Any other things that are inherently nairaland that you remember?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by FirstCounsel(m): 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
Good thread. I miss the Nairaland of old. I hardly ever comment these days because of some obviously badly brought up fellows here who do nothing but rain abuses rather than face issues intellectually. What a shame. I used to be one of those early Nairalanders under another name before this. I wonder where the likes of Siena (very brilliant guy on auto section), is right now? There's also Rokiatu, sexyleamon, beaf etc etc. Who recalls the hilarious invasion of the "garri crew" back in the days?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
FirstCounsel:
Good thread. I miss the Nairaland of old. I hardly ever comment these days because of some obviously badly brought up fellows here who do nothing but rain abuses rather than face issues intellectually. What a shame. I used to be one of those early Nairalanders under another name before this. I wonder where the likes of Siena (very brilliant guy on auto section), is right now? There's also Rokiatu, sexyleamon, beaf etc etc. Who recalls the hilarious invasion of the "garri crew" back in the days?
Yes, I've also been inactive for a while now. But after coming across yesterday's threads, I was pushed to open this thread. I remember rokiatu too. I remember the garri crew and the "who get pin mouth charger here" not to forget "I'm in London I don't understand what is going on here" crew

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Sladem05: 7:02pm On Jun 02
CanadaOrBust:
Good old days huh
Good Old Days is myth. Life has never been good even if we go back to the very first human 300,000 years ago.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 3:51pm On Jul 29
Sladem05:

Good Old Days is myth. Life has never been good even if we go back to the very first human 300,000 years ago.

Not true. Sometimes life is exquisite, but not for everyone at once. Consider your own life. For most people, if they have surplus money and have easy access to romantic liaisons with someone(s) of their choice, life is good!
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Sladem05: 8:58pm On Jul 29
CanadaOrBust:

Not true. Sometimes life is exquisite, but not for everyone at once. Consider your own life. For most people, if they have surplus money and have easy access to romantic liaisons with someone(s) of their choice, life is good!

It is true, there is no golden era. Life has always been had. Good and Bad are like Day and Light. Neither can do-exist without the other. There is a bad side to everything. There was a never point in human history where life was glamorous, not by a stretch of imagination. There is a saying that ‘Life is better remembered than lived’ and you can apply that to any point in history. Some people may rich now but were poorer earlier on in life and vice versa. It's the problem with conservatism, it pines for a time that never was.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 12:31am On Jul 30
Sladem05:

It is true, there is no golden era. Life has always been had. Good and Bad are like Day and Light. Neither can do-exist without the other. There is a bad side to everything. There was a never point in human history where life was glamorous, not by a stretch of imagination. There is a saying that ‘Life is better remembered than lived’ and you can apply that to any point in history. Some people may rich now but were poorer earlier on in life and vice versa. It's the problem with conservatism, it pines for a time that never was.

That's what I said - you can't generalize, BUT for individuals there are definitely good times of their lives and bad times. Also wars are usually not good times while the time right after a war are usually good times
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Sladem05: 10:44am On Jul 30
CanadaOrBust:

That's what I said - you can't generalize, BUT for individuals there are definitely good times of their lives and bad times. Also wars are usually not good times while the time right after a war are usually good times

I’m not generalising. There are good and bad times but there is no period in human history that was better for human kind is what I’m trying to say. That's why Romanticising the past. If really old times and tradition were so good. How did we get to the situation we are in right now? If times were so good back then, there wouldn't have been much of a change. Its why when I see older generations criticise the youth by saying ‘modern society is going to collapse’ or ‘What has happened to the younger generation’ as if times were better in the past. When they objectively were not.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 4:08pm On Jul 30
Sladem05:

I’m not generalising. There are good and bad times but there is no period in human history that was better for human kind is what I’m trying to say. That's why Romanticising the past. If really old times and tradition were so good. How did we get to the situation we are in right now? If times were so good back then, there wouldn't have been much of a change. Its why when I see older generations criticise the youth by saying ‘modern society is going to collapse’ or ‘What has happened to the younger generation’ as if times were better in the past. When they objectively were not.

People like you make laugh. You take a position and stick to it no matter what, even when it has become clear you were wrong. There were the dark ages then there was Renaissance . There are times of plenty then there are tough times when people can't find food. There are catastrophic events that'd usher in generations of hardship and people will be nostalgically remembering "when things were good". In the case of Nigeria there was a relaxed period of boom and new oil money in the 70's and 80's that cannot be compared to now. There were no kidnappings, no bandits, no Boko Haram, no IPOB, no Delta wahala, etc. and $1= 50 kobo!
Accept you made a mistake, no big deal.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Sladem05: 4:37pm On Jul 30
CanadaOrBust:

People like you make laugh. You take a position and stick to it no matter what, even when it has become clear you were wrong. There were the dark ages then there was Renaissance . There are times of plenty then there are tough times when people can't find food. There are catastrophic events that'd usher in generations of hardship and people will be nostalgically remembering "when things were good". In the case of Nigeria there was a relaxed period of boom and new oil money in the 70's and 80's that cannot be compared to now. There were no kidnappings, no bandits, no Boko Haram, no IPOB, no Delta wahala, etc. and $1= 50 kobo!
Accept you made a mistake, no big deal.

You’re the one that’s made the mistake which is only looking at the good rather than the bad of the Bandits. Take off your rose-coloured spectacles and understand that history and nostalgia aren’t the same thing. History is when you look at the past but you take into account both the good and bad things of that time. Nostalgia is only when you take in the good which is what you’re doing. There has always been kidnapping, bandits and terrorists in Nigeria.
https://dailytrust.com/from-anini-to-evans-top-10-criminals-that-shook-nigeria-in-five-decades/

Nigeria has never been in good shape . In the decade of independence, The country had 2 military coups and a civil war that was the bloodiest on the continent killing over 2 million people.Nigeria was far more unstable back then compared to now. The leaders back then were are also much more brutal. Coups were the order of the day.
The country was in a civil war in those times and you’re telling me things were better?
How much electricity do you think people got back then compared to now?
How about the roads, hospitals and other basic amenities.
Nigeria’s poverty rate was close to 50% back the .
The country’s infrastructure and industries wasn’t anywhere what it is today. There was a boom but that boom only profited the elites. That was when the elites started looting the hell out of the country. The reality is that Nigeria has always been a trainwreck from day 1. Things were no better in the past.
Under Abacha, If you talked bad about him you would be dead. The leaders the country were actual tyrants.

Tough times and good times are always equal. There are always just as many good and bad times. Because good can’t exist without bad and vice versa.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 6:31pm On Jul 30
Sladem05:

You’re the one that’s made the mistake which is only looking at the good rather than the bad of the Bandits. Take off your rose-coloured spectacles and understand that history and nostalgia aren’t the same thing. History is when you look at the past but you take into account both the good and bad things of that time. Nostalgia is only when you take in the good which is what you’re doing. There has always been kidnapping, bandits and terrorists in Nigeria.
https://dailytrust.com/from-anini-to-evans-top-10-criminals-that-shook-nigeria-in-five-decades/

Nigeria has never been in good shape . In the decade of independence, The country had 2 military coups and a civil war that was the bloodiest on the continent killing over 2 million people.Nigeria was far more unstable back then compared to now. The leaders back then were are also much more brutal. Coups were the order of the day.
The country was in a civil war in those times and you’re telling me things were better?
How much electricity do you think people got back then compared to now?
How about the roads, hospitals and other basic amenities.
Nigeria’s poverty rate was close to 50% back the .
The country’s infrastructure and industries wasn’t anywhere what it is today. There was a boom but that boom only profited the elites. That was when the elites started looting the hell out of the country. The reality is that Nigeria has always been a trainwreck from day 1. Things were no better in the past.
Under Abacha, If you talked bad about him you would be dead. The leaders the country were actual tyrants.

Tough times and good times are always equal. There are always just as many good and bad times. Because good can’t exist without bad and vice versa.

OMG I can't believe someone is actually insisting on this ridiculousity. A stubborn guy you are.
I don't even know what to say.
So a time of famine is same as a time of abundance?
How about durring the war itself? Was it same as peace time? How about durring covid? How about when you're sick? How about you move to a different country? They're all same? So when people who studied abroad quickly came back home is same as now that everyone is trying to japa?
Na wa for you o
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Sladem05: 5:50pm On Jul 31
CanadaOrBust:

OMG I can't believe someone is actually insisting on this ridiculousity. A stubborn guy you are.
I don't even know what to say.
So a time of famine is same as a time of abundance?
How about durring the war itself? Was it same as peace time? How about durring covid? How about when you're sick? How about you move to a different country? They're all same? So when people who studied abroad quickly came back home is same as now that everyone is trying to japa?
Na wa for you o

I’m never said those times are all the same but throughout human history. There are just as many bad and good moments. Thus, There are no ‘good ole days’ and thus the past was never better but just different. Your creating a strawman and you don’t have the mental capacity to comprehend what I am saying
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 8:33pm On Jul 31
Sladem05:

I’m never said those times are all the same but throughout human history. There are just as many bad and good moments. Thus, There are no ‘good ole days’ and thus the past was never better but just different. Your creating a strawman and you don’t have the mental capacity to comprehend what I am saying

Mental capacity? Funny guy, stupidly stubborn guy. You probably read this somewhere and can't see for yourself that it is false. People who were here in the 80's tell you that Naija was a much better place back then. You can see for yourself that people promptly came back home after their studies. Now it is the opposite - everyone is out to Japa, some risking their lives. Your own is to keep repeating like a parrot that there are no good old days. Height of stupidity!🤣
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Sladem05: 11:30pm On Jul 31
CanadaOrBust:

Mental capacity? Funny guy, stupidly stubborn guy. You probably read this somewhere and can't see for yourself that it is false. People who were here in the 80's tell you that Naija was a much better place back then. You can see for yourself that people promptly came back home after their studies. Now it is the opposite - everyone is out to Japa, some risking their lives. Your own is to keep repeating like a parrot that there are no good old days. Height of stupidity!🤣
So Nigeria was better under a military dictatorship and tyrants such as Buhari and Babagida

your lack of knowledge regarding Nigerian and global history is shocking. People have always been Japaing out of Nigeria. That’s nothing new. The elites have always been sending themselves and their kids abroad. The military leaders and presidents were schooled abroad. Nigerians started flocking to the West en masse in the last century. Objectively, Nigeria wasn’t better whether it’s to do with infrastructure, quality of life etc. Nigeria was never in a better situation.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 5:49am On Aug 01
Sladem05:

So Nigeria was better under a military dictatorship and tyrants such as Buhari and Babagida

your lack of knowledge regarding Nigerian and global history is shocking. People have always been Japaing out of Nigeria. That’s nothing new. The elites have always been sending themselves and their kids abroad. The military leaders and presidents were schooled abroad. Nigerians started flocking to the West en masse in the last century. Objectively, Nigeria wasn’t better whether it’s to do with infrastructure, quality of life etc. Nigeria was never in a better situation.

😅 What a ridiculously stubborn guy. How many times did you hear of Nigerians dying on way to Lybia, or drowning at sea in desperate bid to enter Europe, or Doctors and nurses escaping. All these NEVER happened because Nigeria was good. Those sent overseas were admonished not to marry whites, and promptly came home. Now young Nigerians consider themselves very lucky if they can con a fat old white lady into marriage! You're one funny guy
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Sladem05: 11:21am On Aug 01
CanadaOrBust:

😅 What a ridiculously stubborn guy. How many times did you hear of Nigerians dying on way to Lybia, or drowning at sea in desperate bid to enter Europe, or Doctors and nurses escaping. All these NEVER happened because Nigeria was good. Those sent overseas were admonished not to marry whites, and promptly came home. Now young Nigerians consider themselves very lucky if they can con a fat old white lady into marriage! You're one funny guy

Nigeria was never good. A military dictatorship with no democracy and the people are oppressed. Thousands of Nigerians went to the Western world in the late 20th century. The reality is that Nigeria has never had a glorious past. It’s always been a trainwreck.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 2:51pm On Aug 01
Sladem05:

Nigeria was never good. A military dictatorship with no democracy and the people are oppressed. Thousands of Nigerians went to the Western world in the late 20th century. The reality is that Nigeria has never had a glorious past. It’s always been a trainwreck.

You keep yapping dictatorships. Are China, Russia, UAE, Dubai, not all dictatorship? I guess in your palance Nigeria is better than them all. Oga please cut the bs
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Sladem05: 9:31pm On Aug 01
CanadaOrBust:

You keep yapping dictatorships. Are China, Russia, UAE, Dubai, not all dictatorship? I guess in your palance Nigeria is better than them all. Oga please cut the bs

How well do those countries rank for human rights?
Autocracies always fail and tend to suck to live in. The fact that you want Nigeria to mirror authoritarian regimes such as UAE, China, North Korea, Cuba etc is bizzare. A dictatorship is never good. Thus, how can you say Nigeria was better under a military dictatorship where the people were even more oppressed than today. The Gulf countries have serious human rights abuses, China is committing ethnic cleaning. Those are the kind of the countries where you can go to prison for smiling. You want Nigeria to have no freedom? That’s what being under a dictatorship/authoritarian regime means.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 9:41pm On Aug 01
Sladem05:

How well do those countries rank for human rights?
Autocracies always fail and tend to suck to live in. The fact that you want Nigeria to mirror authoritarian regimes such as UAE, China, North Korea, Cuba etc is bizzare. A dictatorship is never good. Thus, how can you say Nigeria was better under a military dictatorship where the people were even more oppressed than today. The Gulf countries have serious human rights abuses, China is committing ethnic cleaning. Those are the kind of the countries where you can go to prison for smiling. You want Nigeria to have no freedom? That’s what being under a dictatorship/authoritarian regime means.

Offer a Nigerian on the street relocation to any of those countries and see what happens.
Buddy, Nigeria was a much better, richer, safer, less crowded place in the 80's than now!
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Sladem05: 10:36am On Aug 02
CanadaOrBust:

Offer a Nigerian on the street relocation to any of those countries and see what happens.
Buddy, Nigeria was a much better, richer, safer, less crowded place in the 80's than now!

So you want to go to a country where you have no freedom?
Nigerians want to go to Iran, Russia, North Korea. Countries where you can be killed for wearing the wrong uniform.

Nigeria has never been good. Why did that myth come from? It doesn't have a glorious past. No nation does. Civil wars and military dictatorships aren't woze

Nigeria was not richer back then. Its economy and industries have grown. The country’s infrastructure wasn’t as well developed. If you think what Nigerians know as NEPA was bad now. The electricity situation was far worse in the past.

And how was Nigeria safer when the country had a civil war that killed up to 7 million people back then?

You are correct on the population aspect. I’ll give you that, Nigeria is much more crowded.

But to conclude that Nigeria is better off under a dictatorship and in a civil war is crazy.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 10:56am On Aug 02
Sladem05:

So you want to go to a country where you have no freedom?
Nigerians want to go to Iran, Russia, North Korea. Countries where you can be killed for wearing the wrong uniform.

Nigeria has never been good. Why did that myth come from? It doesn't have a glorious past. No nation does. Civil wars and military dictatorships aren't woze

Nigeria was not richer back then. Its economy and industries have grown. The country’s infrastructure wasn’t as well developed. If you think what Nigerians know as NEPA was bad now. The electricity situation was far worse in the past.

And how was Nigeria safer when the country had a civil war that killed up to 7 million people back then?

You are correct on the population aspect. I’ll give you that, Nigeria is much more crowded.

But to conclude that Nigeria is better off under a dictatorship and in a civil war is crazy.

It's time to end this STUPID, ridiculous conversation. You could very well be on some drug. Did anybody ever incude war-time as good time? Just know: Nigeria was a much better place in the 70's, 80's than now. It was even ranked the happiest place on earth. Now it is ranked among the unhappiest!

Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by Sladem05: 8:40am On Aug 03
CanadaOrBust:

It's time to end this STUPID, ridiculous conversation. You could very well be on some drug. Did anybody ever incude war-time as good time? Just know: Nigeria was a much better place in the 70's, 80's than now. It was even ranked the happiest place on earth. Now it is ranked among the unhappiest!

You used a 2010 Article to prove that Nigerians were happier in the 70s and 80s? You’re a fool. You’re the one including war and military dictatorships as a good time. That’s why if Nigeria does decide to get rid of Tinubu by force. The alternative which is a military dictatorship is not going to bode well for the country. The reality is that Nigeria was never good and it was always the unhappiest place on earth. Nigeria has never ranked highly on the happiness index. It’s been a trainwreck since Day 1.
Re: Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? by CanadaOrBust: 11:59am On Aug 03
Sladem05:

You used a 2010 Article to prove that Nigerians were happier in the 70s and 80s? You’re a fool. You’re the one including war and military dictatorships as a good time. That’s why if Nigeria does decide to get rid of Tinubu by force. The alternative which is a military dictatorship is not going to bode well for the country. The reality is that Nigeria was never good and it was always the unhappiest place on earth. Nigeria has never ranked highly on the happiness index. It’s been a trainwreck since Day 1.

The genius totally misses the point. My friend, the point is that things have not always been this way and it has nothing to do with military rule or not
Here is Nigeria's happiness ranking in 2003:
In 2003 we were #1. Now we are 102!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finecoat Paint Boss, Dr. Aderemi Emmanuel Awode At 57 / First Time Encountering A Viper Snake / Port Harcourt dents Die In A Car Accident While Returning From Nightclub [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.