Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss (487 Views)

Nairaland Moderators, What Manner Of Advert Against Obi Is This On Your Platform / APC Convention Will End In A Surprising Manner: Primate Ayodele / The Hypocrisy Of Justice Mohammed, A Key Member Of The NJC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by Judeerons32: 5:28am On Feb 16, 2020
I would want us to reason this. As has been brought to notice still on this Bayelsa issue that Timi Alaibe still has a case challenging the Primaries of the newly sworn in governor and also that the new deputy has a certificate case pending. If these case gets to the supreme court and the ruling is against the governor or deputy what then happens?
Will INEC and the supreme court sustain their wasted vote theory and the next person takes over?
Because this will mean about 3K people will have elected a governor for Bayelsa.Because the Apc and Pdp account for about 497k out of 499K votes.
My Opinion is that on issues like this a rerun should be ordered because the people should not be punished for things not in their control rather only the party which should be bared from a rerun. To me that is justice to the people.
What do you think?
Re: Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by sapientia(m): 6:45am On Feb 16, 2020
Unless its already in Court.

There is a time frame for instituting electoral cases.
Re: Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by Validated: 6:53am On Feb 16, 2020
Judeerons32:
I would want us to reason this. As has been brought to notice still on this Bayelsa issue that Timi Alaibe still has a case challenging the Primaries of the newly sworn in governor and also that the new deputy has a certificate case pending. If these case gets to the supreme court and the ruling is against the governor or deputy what then happens?
Will INEC and the supreme court sustain their wasted vote theory and the next person takes over?
Because this will mean about 3K people will have elected a governor for Bayelsa.Because the Apc and Pdp account for about 497k out of 499K votes.
My Opinion is that on issues like this a rerun should be ordered because the people should not be punished for things not in their control rather only the party which should be bared from a rerun. To me that is justice to the people.
What do you think?
All pre-election cases not determined within 180 days are statute-barred and waste of time.
Re: Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by helinues: 6:57am On Feb 16, 2020
Apc goofed by Fielding that yeye guy as deputy.. His sins can't be overlooked..

5 different names during the stage of his life with no court affidavit to back any other them up.

Wondering why he has not been picked by security officials.

The annoying part about the Degi guy is ,he is currently a senator with that fake results

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by Eteka1(m): 7:00am On Feb 16, 2020
They should never have declared Dori the winner even if Lyon's deputy was disqualified according to the electoral act.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by Judeerons32: 7:10am On Feb 16, 2020
Exactly and the 180 days does not lapse till mid March. What happens if a disqualification of either the governor or deputy occurs before then.not praying for such though.
My concern is the precedent of next person taking over a mandate.it leaves the electorate at the mercy of someone they have rejected.
Not just for Bayelsa but moving forward.
Validated:

All pre-election cases not determined within 180 days are statute-barred and waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by Judeerons32: 7:15am On Feb 16, 2020
Of course Apc deserved what they got. My concern is would a better justice not have been to allow the people choose a new leader and not punish them for Apc mistake?
Like I said. If Alaibe case goes through and Supreme Court say pdp did not conduct primaries properly.just hypothetically. Does this mean Apc and Pdp votes will be subtracted leaving 3K votes balance? Hope you get my point
helinues:
Apc goofed by Fielding that yeye guy as deputy.. His sins can't be overlooked..

5 different names during the stage of his life with no court affidavit to back any other them up.

Wondering why he has not been picked by security officials.

The annoying part about the Degi guy is ,he is currently a senator with that fake results
Re: Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by helinues: 7:21am On Feb 16, 2020
Judeerons32:
Of course Apc deserved what they got. My concern is would a better justice not have been to allow the people choose a new leader and not punish them for Apc mistake?
Like I said. If Alaibe case goes through and Supreme Court say pdp did not conduct primaries properly.just hypothetically. Does this mean Apc and Pdp votes will be subtracted leaving 3K votes balance? Hope you get my point

Apc hired incompetent lawyers about Bayelsa's case. Give that case to James Orengo, worst will be rerun.

If supreme Court are saying they want to review that judgement, while the Imo' case still lying there, then our judiciary is gently dieng slowly

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by Dansuqi: 8:34am On Feb 16, 2020
helinues:

Apc hired incompetent lawyers about Bayelsa's case. Give that case to James Orengo, worst will be rerun.

If supreme Court are saying they want to review that judgement, while the Imo' case still lying there, then our judiciary is gently dieng slowly
You got it,apc hired incompetent lawyers
Re: Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by jonesky080(m): 8:37am On Feb 16, 2020
It’s simply a show of power and who supports who, it’s not really about the party here, it’s all about agreeing to terms and conditions. Greedy old peeps
Re: Bayelsa: What Manner Of Justice: Let's Discuss by WATCHOVER(m): 8:40am On Feb 16, 2020
Judeerons32:
What do you think?
In my own opinion, since they have already been sworn in only the deputy will have that problem, that is if the deputy governor loses the suit.
For the issue concerning the APC the SC verdict is clear APC vote is void hence automatically PDP gets more than 25% spread. no rerun.
This is what you get when you get lazy and stubborn party leader at the helm of affairs.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And Apc’s Application For Lacking In Meri / What To Do When DISCOS Extort You / Timi Frank Exposes The Level Of Rot Under Buhari’s Administration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.