Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Is There A Place For Real Blues In Nigeria? Like Celine Dion's Kind Of Song? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is There A Place For Real Blues In Nigeria? Like Celine Dion's Kind Of Song? (824 Views)

Celine Dion's Husband Angelili Is Dead / Funke Olayode (nigerian Celine Dion) Abused, Tormented And Homeless / Is There A Place For Real Blues In Nigeria? Like Celine Dion's Kind Of Song? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Place For Real Blues In Nigeria? Like Celine Dion's Kind Of Song? by paul4eva: 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2007
I am a solo artiste in the making but have not been able to meet a producer or sponsor to launch me fully into music.

I am 21, male and sing like celine dion. Just the way she sings. I can still remeber vivdly, in 2005 when i attended Lagos Ardiocesan CYON Rally at Ajara, Badagry. When it was time for special numbers, 13 people having sang before me with their demos, i was in confusion as to if i should sing celine dion's "Power Of Love" or not. That spirit of do it even if people laugh at you gave me the courage to do the song. And believe you me, before as i told the audiences that i wanted to sing Celine Dion's "Power Of Love" Some of the audiences doubted it, but then i took them by a great surprise, right in front of hundreds of youths, the time about 12:00 am, i sang celine Dion's Power Of Love and i was shocked at the way people accepted the song whole heartedly and even came out to cheer me.

That experience showed me that Blues has a role to play in the Nigerian Music Industry even if we have so much of hip hop in the field. If you doubt the story yourself, that a guy can not sing like celine dion, then invite me to your show and let me take you and your audience by surprises.

Well, my question is: Does Real Blues i.e. Celine Dion's songs has a place to stay in the Nigerian Music Industry?

(1) (Reply)

Rooftop Mc's / Lambo Davirus Comot 4 Here Video / Nigerian Best Female Artist(singer) Not Rapper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.