Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Can We Really See God Literally? Matthew 5:8 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Really See God Literally? Matthew 5:8 (162 Views)

Can Prophets Really See Your Destiny? / If Your Bride Price Is Not Paid You Can Never See God- Female Preacher(video) / How Do You See God? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Really See God Literally? Matthew 5:8 by TruthHurts100: 8:19am On Feb 16, 2020
Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."

Those this mean we can really see good literally?

Here is what the Bible says.

First Exodus 33:20 says, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

This is God speaking here that nobody can see his face and remain alive.

But Matthew 5:8 says the pure in heart will see God. Meaning seeing God is the reward for keeping a pure heart.

Is the Bible contradicting itself?
No!

Let's understand the meaning of the word "See" -(ὄψονται) is rendered in Greek.
The Greek word rendered “see” can carry the sense of “to see with the mind, to perceive, know.”
Those who see God with ‘the eyes of the heart’ are those who have really come to know him, appreciating his qualities. Eph 1:18

In addition to getting to know God’s qualities, true worshippers can “see God” by observing the way he acts in their behalf. Job 42:5

They also focus ‘their eyes of the heart’ on the wonderful blessings that God holds out for those who strive to remain pure and to serve him loyally.

With these Bible references, we can understand what it means to see God.

We use the word "see" in this context too.

I will see you
You will see my hand
Let's see how it goes
Etc

These doesn't not mean we see physical, face to face.

Good morning
Re: Can We Really See God Literally? Matthew 5:8 by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 16, 2020
It's simple.

No man (i.e earthly humans) see God and live because we dwell in flesh. Flesh is an enmity with God and cannot stand His holy presence.

It takes transformed state (i.e holy immortality) to see God in heaven.

Read this book (DELIGHTFUL REVELATION OF HEAVEN BY REV. ELWOOD SCOTT AND PASTOR PAUL RIKA) for better understanding.
Re: Can We Really See God Literally? Matthew 5:8 by TruthHurts100: 9:47am On Feb 16, 2020
Let's focus on the Bible alone.
Re: Can We Really See God Literally? Matthew 5:8 by sulasa07(m): 11:31am On Feb 16, 2020
Wolgrace:
It's simple.

No man (i.e earthly humans) see God and live because we dwell in flesh. Flesh is an enmity with God and cannot stand His holy presence.

It takes transformed state (i.e holy immortality) to see God in heaven.

Read this book (DELIGHTFUL REVELATION OF HEAVEN BY REV. ELWOOD SCOTT AND PASTOR PAUL RIKA) for better understanding.
Since it's your belief Jesus is God,I'm sure those unbelievers that saw him while he was on Earth too have seen your God.
Hundreds of thousands of Israelites and Gentiles have seen God,so what are you saying again?
Re: Can We Really See God Literally? Matthew 5:8 by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 16, 2020
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. Seeing God in Matthew is talking about when we get to heaven
Re: Can We Really See God Literally? Matthew 5:8 by sonmvayina(m): 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2020
God is consciousness personified... Not a man or human being.. Spiritually speaking we are Gods enclosed in flesh.. We are part of God and God is part of us...
If you want to see God, look in the mirror..

(1) (Reply)

What A Fool? / Truth Vs Falsehood / Church Warns ‘adulterers’ Amid Zambia Divorce Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.