Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Why Blame The North And West For Biafra - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Blame The North And West For Biafra (10435 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / Osinbajo Can't Win South West For APC - PDP / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by Dede1(m): 10:01am On Dec 21, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Withe due respect, it is not enough to call any forumite's post garbage, without at least giving us your reason for making such a statement. If you are capable, you could offer counter points that would enrich the rest of us. You are the one who appears st.upid, buddy!

Take a cue from my posts, olodo. smiley

Do not waste your precious time responding to a certified walking-dead such as seanet02. You could get a better response from a domesticated monkey than from the jackass called seanet02.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by Dede1(m): 10:50am On Dec 21, 2010
Katsumoto:

Did Gowon not issue orders to Easterners such as Brig Ekpo, Ike Nwachukwu, Brig Ikwue, Adaka Boro, and a host of others? Does that imply that the Eastern region was fighting against Biafra? At the end of the day, the soldiers who fought against Biafra were professional soldiers and they swore an oath to defend Nigeria from enemies both external and internal. Just as one cannot begrudge Eastern soldiers for fighting for Biafra, one cannot begrudge other Nigerian soldiers (Igbo soldiers included) for fighting against Biafra. Afterall, were Nigerian soldiers and policemen (including Yoruba sons) not used in the various campaigns to quash dissent in the West in the early sixties?

At the end of the day, you analyse all issues from an ethnic perspective. If a Yoruba judge jails an Igbo criminal, then the Yoruba judge must have an ethnic agenda.

The facts that we have so far are
1. Nigerian soldiers including Igbo, Ibibio, Ijo, Hausa-Fulani, Tiv, Kanuri fought against Biafra
2. Biafran soldiers including Igbo, Ibibio, Yoruba fought against Nigeria
3. Yoruba sons either lost their lives or were jailed for protesting the Biafran cause
4. Yoruba sons did resign their commission rather than fight against Biafra
5. Lagos was the capital before the start of the war. Is Dede1 suggesting that Gowon move the capital to the North just because he wants to prosecute a war against Biafra?
6. There was no military campaign through the mid-west to attack Biafra until after the Biafran incursion
7. The governor of the mid-west announced that his region was neutral
8. Consciption of Western and mid-western sons into the military began after the incursion of the Biafrans
9. Biafra had every right to attack Lagos; Yoruba and mid-western sons equally then had the right to join the military and fight against Biafra after their lands were attacked

You can reach your own conclusions about neutrality; I have reached mine.

In the annals of crisis and conflict, the concept of neutrality does not flow from individuals or insignificant group of people. Instead it comes from the political actions of a seating government. I am amused when I read the first sentence of your post. During the midterm of 1966, the circumstances in Nigeria had forced the army headquarters to issue orders for all personals to return to their region of origin. Few easterners who chose not return to the eastern region have ulterior motives to either stay back in northern region or western region due to personal linkage with the regions.

Of course, Ike Nwachukwu and Emma Ekpo received orders from Gowon. Does that imply that eastern region was neutral too? By the way, Adake Boro was a criminal languishing in jail when the crisis started while Ikwue was from Benue, northern region.

If the governments of western and Midwestern regions were ever interested to stay on the side of neutrality, there would not have been civil war in the first place. This is one of the reasons Fajuyi was targeted because the northern soldiers and politicians including their British advisers knew they could not handle two progressive military governors in southern Nigeria at that period.

Ejoor had publicly supported Gowon and his delusional One-Nigeria slogan. Ejoor was among the Nigerian delegates to Aburi, Ghana. Ejoor was signatories to all Nigerian proposals in Aburi, Ghana. Ejoor was a participant in all the nocturnal meetings held by Nigerian delegation in Aburi, Ghana. I must opine that the essence of the alleged silly announcement of neutrality by David Ejoor, during or after the summit in Aburi, Ghana, tantamount to deceitful cowardice. 

By the way, the crux of my argument does not anchor on the fact that few individuals fought on the either side of Nigeria/Biafra war but on the silly claim of neutrality. During Nigeria/Biafra war, I had to say unequivocally that a person was either for Nigeria/Biafra or againist Nigeria/Biafra. There was no apparent fence sitter which is the worst scenario.
Re: Why Blame The North And West For Biafra by matazzmagi(m): 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2010
These malicious and bitter critics of Ojukwu and Biafra should understand that Biafrans owe no explanations to their psychopathic ramblings. I might suggest that those who think Biafrans twitch at the taught of war and death, should first find out how many Nigerians that were either lost in action, never went back to their homes, seen by families again or ended up at Oshodi resettlement center. On killing innocent civilians, you can give nigerian army the ignoble accolade,

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PDP Youths Host Northern NGOs,Civil Society And Youth Groups In Kaduna / 555 Pvcs Of Dead Persons Found In Ogun State / Umahi Presents Herdsmen/Farmers Crisis Report To Osinbajo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.