Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,630 members, 7,955,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:09 PM

Corruption: Nigerian Army Bows To Pressure - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Corruption: Nigerian Army Bows To Pressure (1010 Views)

Npower: I’m Not Heartless; I’ve Signed March Stipends -sadiya Bows To Pressure / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions / All You Need To Know Before Joining The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption: Nigerian Army Bows To Pressure by Aboks(m): 1:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
The Nigerian Army has listened to the outcry against the alleged withholding of entitlements of soldiers, especially those engaged in internal security operations against Boko Haram terrorists/Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) in the North East and other parts of the country.

This is even as the presidency have been urged to set up an investigative board of inquiry to look into the welfare of Nigerian military as soldiers still raised concerns over what they regard as high level of corruption in the military, robbery of their allowances, entitlements and discriminatory wage disparity in the armed force.

Sources within the Nigerian Army speaking on the condition of anonymity grumbled over the non payment of allowance that is due to soldiers fighting insurgency in the Northeast and their poor salary compared to their counterparts in the Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air Force (NAF), which according to them is morale dampening.

In another letter, allegedly signed by a certain Lcpl Musa A of the Nigerian Army to President Muhammadu Buhari, revealed that sequel to the initial petitions to president on the matter, the sum of N20, 000 was paid to soldiers as combat duty allowance.

Musa however, described the payment as just a camouflage by the Nigerian Army as they will never pay anything again and the long gap salary disparity will still remain.

He said there is a need to address the disparity and ensure equal payment among the Armed forces of Nigeria to boost the morale of troops in fighting against insurgency especially prestigious North East.

The letter reads:" Sequel to the grumbling in the Army due to pay disparity with other Arm forces of Nigeria, I on behalf of colleague are here to appreciate the media over their concerns and support they gave to us in publishing the News.

"Media indeed are the voice of voiceless and help of helpless, there are many petitions written by our fellow soldiers but due to no media intervention all in vain but this one due to help of media, Nigerian Army has today paid into personnel account the sum of twenty thousand naira respectively according to their ranks (N20, 000) . "

"But the question is that the money is for what? All we seek is salary equality but Army just on February 13, 2020, paid money called combat duty allowance. Point to be noted is that, army just paid this money to do camouflage after this one they will never pay anything again and the long gap salary disparity will still remain.

"Please media help us broadcast this till it reach PRESIDENCY to ensure equal payment between the Armed Forces of Nigeria that will boost the troops morale in fighting against insurgency especially prestigious North East."

"Thank you Media, we really appreciate and hope you people will come to our aid.

"Yours faithfully LCpI Musa A."

Meanwhile , a certain Security Expert, Mr. Dickson Omodiale Osajie, who made the call to the presidency to investigate the matter, said uniformity across the armed forces is important. He bemoaned the alleged robbery and cheating of soldiers in terms of allowances.

"The presidency should set up an investigative board of inquiry to look into the soldiers welfare because the knowingly or unknowingly cheating in the army is a subject matter", Osajie said.

He added, "Never ever gamble with the BENEFITS of a SOLDIER, if you do that as a senior officer you are exhibiting a high spate of animal behaviour and you think you are living life, No!

"I will suggest that after army officers has passed out from the defence academy, they should all be transmitted into an aircraft for additional six month training abroad in USA, Canada, or UK, to see how officers deals with soldiers welfare with immediate automatic alacrity."

"I am still doubting if its one mother (NDA) that gave birth to Army, Navy and Air Force officers, because the behaviours of Air Force officers and Navy officers to their men compare to Nigerian Army officers is just not clear to me", he said.

Operational wise, Osajie urged the Presidency to look into the deployment of soldiers in the frontline. He said soldiers in the frontline must come back home to reunite with their families to enjoy their marital benefits after a maximum of 9 to 12 months operations. 

The concept, according to him is to enlist the soldier and retain the families. 

"There are two mind-sets in the frontline, the enemies mind-sets and the state mind-set. The enemies mind-set is that, they are fighting to die and go to wherever they believe they are going, but the soldier's mind-set is to fight and reunite with their families and you kept him away from his family over three years? That is an energetic and intentional Operational error", he warned.

Re: Corruption: Nigerian Army Bows To Pressure by seunlayi(m): 1:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
I just tire for this country. Imagine if I am to be a soldier currently in the war front seeing this news, how will I feel? Then when wrote that it was social media that facilitated the answer. Hmmmmmm, this is unfair
Re: Corruption: Nigerian Army Bows To Pressure by SLAP44: 2:03pm On Feb 16, 2020
What about the Open extortion at checkpoints?

Is that one not corruption?
Re: Corruption: Nigerian Army Bows To Pressure by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2020
Corruption is the greatest threat to the Nigerian state. It cuts across all divides. I imagine how great Nigeria will be without corruption. Unfortunately that's simply wishful thinking.
Even the useless man I paid to help me fast forward the processing of my forms has been telling me to bring more money...Corruption is in the blood of you Nigerians...
Re: Corruption: Nigerian Army Bows To Pressure by Opperwezen(m): 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
What kind of fake news is this for chrissake, no link whatsoever and a poorly composed letter that has fake written all over it. You better change your ways this year

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Nigerian Army Bows To Pressure by QueTeddy: 12:07am On Feb 17, 2020
Opperwezen:
What kind of fake news is this for chrissake, no link whatsoever and a poorly composed letter that has fake written all over it. You better change your ways this year

Its not fake, these people pay far less than Navy and Airforce. Just last month, a LCPL in Nigerian Army received 55k while the same rank in Navy received 120k plus, after the complaints, they added 20k to it and this has been going on for like forever... I wish the government would look into the case.
Re: Corruption: Nigerian Army Bows To Pressure by Aboks(m): 12:53am On Feb 18, 2020
Opperwezen:

dont argue what you know nothing about

(1) (Reply)

Car Hire Purchase On The Uber And Bolt / Designer Engineer / Am New In Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.