Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) (1969 Views)

Iran Vows To Avenge, Threatens Nigeria. Nigerian Military Prepares. / Iran Military Threatens Nigeria / Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem11(m): 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2010
[size=15pt]Zoning: Don’t push us to the wall, Violence may be inevitable -Atiku warns
[/size]
By Henry Umoru
A Presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar Wednesday warned that if the leadership of the Party and that of the country jettison the already existing zoning arrangement, it would amount to making violence change inevitable.
Speaking Wednesday at National Stakeholders’ Conference, 2010 at the Thisday Dome, Abuja, the former Vice President who noted that he was not praying that the political situation of the party and that of the country should get to the level of applying violent means to address the nation’s problems, also stressed that if the PDP fails to embrace reforms, it stands the risk of making itself irrelevant.
Meanwhile, Former Senate President, Iyorchia Ayu has called on Nigerians especially those from the South to put behind them those eras in the 1960s which produced coups and counter coups in the country, just as northerners became Heads of State during the periods.
According to Ayu, “North is not set out to dominate anybody. I want you to ignore the Nigerian history of 60’s that produced coups and counter coups with its leaders as northerners. It was not conspiratorial on the part of the Northern political leaders, it was accidental.
“When we had opportunity we, not only brought out President Obasanjo who was in prison for treason out, but the north made him President even when his immediate community rejected him. It was the highest show of solidarity by the North. The least our brothers from the south can do is to demonstrate and reciprocate the goodwill.”
Ayu who admitted that the task ahead them is ensuring that the Consensus Candidate for the north, Atiku Abubakar gets the party’s ticket as well as become the President of the country come next year, said, “we are trying to tell you that we have difficult task ahead of us. If you are not present here today, the consensus effort would have been a failure. But with your presence here today, Atiku ceases to be the Northern Consensus Candidate but the Consensus Candidate of Nigeria.”
The Conference which had as its theme, “Building Consensus for National Unity”, was convened by the Northern Political Leaders Forum, NPLF, the Igbo Political Forum, the Yoruba Redemption group and the South South Unity Forum.
Speaking further, Atiku said, “Our coming here is not about Atiku, it is about the peace, the unity and stability of Nigeria as exemplified by all the speakers who spoke to this audience today. Today is about building consensus for national unity. We have some elder statesmen on consensus building. It is about the rule of law, due process and standing for what is right.
“I am an instrument for realizing these value. I promise that by the grace of almighty God, we shall bring this country back to the part of honour. Before I end this short address let me send a message to our great party the PDP: if the PDP does not reform, it stands the risk of making itself irrelevant. Let me again send another message to the leadership of PDP that those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable.”
Also in his remarks, former Senate President Ken Nnamani who warned that some leaders of the country were planning to put national unity to the burner, stressed that rotation and zoning which has become part of the nation’s history, was beyond the north, the PDP, adding that it has become a national challenge.
Nnamani who noted that Nigeria has a lot to learn from the process that brought out Atiku Abubakar, stressed that it showed high sense of humility and patriotism, just as he said that if the choice was from some parts of the country, there would have been series of court litigations now, adding that zoning must be adhered to against the backdrop that all political office holders were beneficiary of same process.
The former Senate President who called for the externalization of the Consensus candidate process, also called on Nigerians to disregard comments by the President General of Ohanenze Ndigbo, Ralph Uwachue, adding that as a country, we lack political will to implement agreements, adding that some politicians were over heating the polity for their gains, even as he said that there was tension in PDP because of plans to circumvent the rules.
Roll call
General Ibrahim Babangida, General Mohammed Aliyu Gusua, Atiku Abubakar, Former Chairman, Police Affairs Commission, Chief Simon Okeke, Dr. Iyorchia Ayu; Lawal Kaita; AVM Hamza Abdullahi; Deputy Governor of Kwara State, Ajia Chinyere Ogugua Agagbo; Funke Adedoyin; Professor Babalola Borishade; Alhaji Isa Ozi Salami, Professor A.T. Abubakar, Professor Sam Oyovbaire; Lawal Batagarawa; Saleh Hassan; Haruna Adamu and Saleh Hassan.
Others were former Deputy governor of Kogi, Patrick Adaba, Air Commodore Ibrahim Alkali, Farouk Bibi Farouk; Udenta Udenta; Professor Chukwuma Soludo, Professor Osita Ogbu; Mrs Titi Ajanaku, Chief Peter Biakpana; Oyewale Fashawe; Hassan Mohammed; Aboki Shuluwa; Saleh Jambo; Dr. Sam Egwu, Professor Chinwe Obaje, Professor A.B.C Nwosu; Kalu Idika Kalu; Ibrahim Kazuare; Senator Yushua Anka, Senator Hamman Bello, Dubem Onyia, Representative of Israeli Ambassador, among others

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/zoning-don%E2%80%99t-push-us-to-the-wall-violence-may-be-inevitable-atiku-warns/
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem11(m): 7:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
this is just to show the power of the north

so to all yoruba, igbo and ijaw watch out 2012
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by maddock(m): 7:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
I also just read this on Nigeriawebradio website. This is really rediculous, how can PDP affair becomes a National issue.Desperate and drowning that would readily drag anybody with him. I pity those that would be used to farment trouble during the election period.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by Blazay(m): 7:42pm On Dec 15, 2010
Let me go and prepare for war.

I am most definitely enlisting with the Northern army again. . . .time to kick some arrrzzezzz!!!

This is gonna be good.

You all have been warned. . . now go get your "MEND" ready. We have locked up your Ibori for the next 20 years. Mission accomplished.
We have killed your Biafra warlord. . . Osisi Kan Nkwu.
Jonathan Ill-luck is a "sitting duck". . .the easiest target of all. Thanks to OBJ.

Fools! cheesy

[size=16pt]Una still dey laugh?. . . . Make I hellep una.

Mu he he he he[/size]
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by maddock(m): 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2010
Which of the Mental hospital are u posting this from?
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by Blazay(m): 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2010
Mu he he he he. . . the political section has been boring for a while.
Some action at last.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by oderemo(m): 7:50pm On Dec 15, 2010
some ppl just rant for nothing while some idiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiat are prep. 4 some war that will not manifest.
msheeeeew.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem11(m): 7:54pm On Dec 15, 2010
ode remo:

some ppl just rant for nothing while some idiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiat are prep. 4 some war that will not manifest.
msheeeeew.

shattap

yes if atiku or any other northerner does not rule nigeria, there will be war

what did i say war angry angry angry angry

accept that the north is superior over you southerners cowards angry
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by oderemo(m): 8:00pm On Dec 15, 2010
i am sure your head is heavy with that ghannian music
alhaji, alhaji, alhaji., alhaji, etc.
which war,? bring it on now., and lets see your gworo munching actions.
i dey wait.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem11(m): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2010
ode remo:

i am sure your head is heavy with that ghannian music
alhaji, alhaji, alhaji., alhaji, etc.
which war,? bring it on now., and lets see your gworo munching actions.
i dey wait.

i tell u, am very brutal in war

my fulani friend know me too well to even allow me to start fight now

just dey wait oh because it is going to start from ur village straight to lagos down to enugu

fact angry
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by chyz(m): 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
I wonder who the northerners are going to try to fight now?lol. They've already proven they can't fight after we Igbo whip their azz during the civil war.I hope they know that they can't run to the US or Britain now, especially since they've gone to far with their terrorist nonsense. grin. If they can't even beat the Igbo alone,what makes them think they have a chance against the whole south.LOL cheesy
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by oderemo(m): 8:16pm On Dec 15, 2010
just dey wait oh because it is going to start from your village straight to lagos down to enugu

fact

my small town not that diff. to locate now, kilo.46 off lagos ibadan xpress way just after ogere, u will locate ode remo,
infact lets start the war frm there and witness the last man standing, last tym i checked more of your ppl were slaughtered in shagamu when your yori yori was abt to erupt.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by jason12345: 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
ode remo:

my small town not that diff. to locate now, kilo.46 off lagos ibadan xpress way just after ogere, u will locate ode remo,
infact lets start the war frm there and witness the last man standing, last tym[b] i checked more of your ppl were slaughtered in shagamu when your yori yori was abt to erupt.
[/b]

I THOUGHT THE YORUBAS WERE COWARDS shocked shocked. I just pity these people (northerners)
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by Nsiman(m): 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2010
@maddock, posted from emmanuel psychiatric hospital, amajiri.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by Nsiman(m): 9:02pm On Dec 15, 2010
@maddock, posted from emmanuel psychiatric hospital, amajiri.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by Nsiman(m): 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
This cow rearers wants to forfeit their territories to the south. U doubt? Try and u'll be at the other side of life watching
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem11(m): 9:12pm On Dec 15, 2010
Nsiman:

This cow rearers wants to forfeit their territories to the south. U doubt? Try and u'll be at the other side of life watching

shattap angry angry

only u people and obj/jonathan will be at the other side of life watching angry angry
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by oderemo(m): 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2010
only u people and obj/jonathan will be at the other side of life watching

alhaji, pls leave talk talk to mathias/yusuf. at least the power of violence is not the vested on one region/ ethnic alone.
yor Atiku will be a good manure for my farm.
yeye dey smoke.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem11(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2010
ode remo:

alhaji, pls leave talk talk to mathias/yusuf. at least the power of violence is not the vested on one region/ ethnic alone.
yor Atiku will be a good manure for my farm.
yeye dey smoke.

angry angry angry angry angry angry i dey tell u na, no vex me ooo angry angry

i think we should start with shagamu angry angry angry
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by oderemo(m): 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2010
alhaji ,
i know u r badger bating. so i go lef am there.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by Alxmyr(m): 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2010
There is another dumb-ass, retarded and yaba left mind like Atiku on Nairaland.
He goes by the name Alj harem1 or is it Al majiri!
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by redsun(m): 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2010
These bunch of northern lunatics are trying to impose atiku d bandit on civil and rational nigerians. If it means blood spilling to stop animals like atiku from taking our destiny further down d abyss,so be it.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem11(m): 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2010
redsun:

These bunch of northern lunatics are trying to impose atiku d bandit on civil and rational nigerians. If it means blood spilling to stop animals like atiku from taking our destiny further down d abyss,so be it.

sharrp, watin u dey talk wey sweet for ur mouth angry angry

leaves just be democratic here and vote for atiku or another northerner, that's all

there would not be any problem if u do so undecided
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem11(m): 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2010
Alxmyr:

There is another dumb-backside, not-so-smart and yaba left mind like Atiku on Nairaland.
He goes by the name Alj harem1 or is it Al majiri!

watch with u post or ur village is first angry angry angry angry

who is dumb in me or u,,,think

i am here warning ur brothers to do the right thing to avoid violences and u are saying another thing angry undecided

just vote for atiku that's all angry undecided undecided
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by redsun(m): 11:17pm On Dec 15, 2010
War has gone more complex,high tech and very strategic. I don't think u guys can handle it this time,so don't even go there.We live in d age of excellence not primitive bravado and concept. D worthy will rule nigeria and that does include JEG talkless of
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem(m): 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
redsun:

War has gone more complex,high tech and very strategic. I don't think u guys can handle it this time,so don't even go there.We live in d age of excellence not primitive bravado and concept. D worthy will rule nigeria and that does include JEG talkless of

talk is cheap, let see u people try it when we start the riot angry
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by redsun(m): 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2010
Riot of zombies just like d BOKOS
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by redsun(m): 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2010
Chillass man,time has come for a change for d good of true nigerians and u can't do shiite about it.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem(m): 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2010
redsun:

Chillass man,time has come for a change for d good of true nigerians and u can't do shiite about it.

watch and see, angry angry we will see who can do the shiite in me and you

we would see angry angry
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by redsun(m): 11:30pm On Dec 15, 2010
In every dark night,there is a bright day that follows. This is our day break.
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by aljharem(m): 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2010
redsun:

In every dark night,there is a bright day that follows. This is our day break.

what day break,,,,,,,i ask again what day break

mumu,,,,, the night is still very very dark
Re: Atiku Threatens Nigeria(north Rule) by houvest: 6:48am On Dec 16, 2010
Desperado. We are calling your bluff.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Italians Eating Suya@ Ikoyi Club And Speaking Pidgin / 'Dead Man' Woke Up Inside a Body Bag in Mortuary / Nigeria Is The New Global Investment Destination – GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.