Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service (45358 Views)

Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri / President Buhari Receives Duoye Diri, Bayelsa Governor / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by LosC: 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
The newly elected governor of Bayelsa state Sen. Duoye Diri has deemed it fit to return all the glory to God for seeing him through the election and for victory at the Supreme court which led to his swearing in as the duly elected Governor of Bayelsa state.

During the service, he emphasized on the need to work together and make the state conducive for every resident.

These were his words :

Today, I had another opportunity to thank and give all the glory to Almighty God for the victory He gave us.

It was not by our abilities, but He decided to give us the privilege of leading the great people of Bayelsa.

We do not take this for granted and I have given my word that we would build bridges and mend fences both within and across party lines.

I want to use this opportunity to call on my brothers and sisters in other parties to join hands with me to move our dear state forward. Bayelsa is for all of us to grow.

Our priority is to improve the quality of lives of every Bayelsan and build a state that we all will be proud of; irrespective of our political affiliations, religion or local government.

I also want to recognize the efforts of our great leader, H. E Henry Dickson, who I will always consult with when there is a need to, for the benefit of the people of Bayelsa.

I would be a Governor for ALL Bayelsans.

-GDD

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=198043094908124&id=109633667082401

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by SLAP44: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
OkwuDIRI Duoye, the anointed David who God wants to use to better our lives in Bayelsa. grin

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by LosC: 6:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
More

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by chatinent: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2020
I have the video.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by reccy(m): 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
I'm not sure if this will last.... Something fishy is hidden.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by SLAP44: 7:09pm On Feb 16, 2020
reccy:

I am sure he will cherish this 3 days of being governor, no matter what happens tomorrow.

107 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by daddytime(m): 7:17pm On Feb 16, 2020
Enjoy and savour the moment...

3 Likes

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by Smithkafors(m): 7:21pm On Feb 16, 2020
Oboy,start work as soon as possible....that way,even if you are booted out tomorrow you'll have something to campaign with in future.Bayelsa needs change.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by upower123(m): 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2020
God bless you sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by comos: 7:23pm On Feb 16, 2020
reccy:

Yoruba, una wan die because of Bayelsa issue.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by comos: 7:24pm On Feb 16, 2020
reccy:

Afonja, una wan die because of Bayelsa issue.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by Righteousness89(m): 7:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
Life is not by Struggle! It is a Gift From GOD

11 Likes

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by reccy(m): 7:31pm On Feb 16, 2020
comos:

Yoruba, una wan die because of Bayelsa issue.

Are you sure you are OK??

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by reccy(m): 7:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
comos:

Afonja, una wan die because of Bayelsa issue.

Are you sure nothing is eating you up

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by comos: 7:36pm On Feb 16, 2020
reccy:

Are you sure you are OK??

You are the one that is not ok.

Bayelsan has accepted him, while not face your South West state

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by reccy(m): 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
comos:

It's obvious you are not......

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by AOB1: 7:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
Enjoy yourself me governor cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by Lawdis(m): 7:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
SLAP44:
OkwuDIRI Duoye, the anointed David who God wants to use to better our lives in Bayelsa. grin

OkwuDiri DuruOye

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by AOB1: 7:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
Enjoy yourself mr governor cool

4 Likes

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by LosC: 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2020
comos:

Hmmmmm..
Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by LosC: 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2020
Pure101:
Enjoy while it lasts like MTN bonus

So, what are you trying to say?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by LosC: 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ibuyairtime12:
They will soon remove him

Who are the they.
On what ground

3 Likes

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by SonofDevil: 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
LosC:

Who are the they.
On what ground
supreme Court never voided apc vote, yet inec went ahead and declare him winner when he didn't meet up with the geographical spread supreme Court said.
Inec should have conduct fresh election because the runner up didn't meet the requirements supreme Court ask the runner up to fufil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by visijo(m): 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
Once we stop being friends, I will go to your timeline, unlike my likes, unlove my loves ,unwow my wow and unhahaha my hahaha.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:11pm On Feb 16, 2020
The Supreme court has spoken, which should be final, as it is all over the world.

It all depends on who the indigenes of Bayelsa want and not what the Hypocrites that have never stepped their feet on Bayelsa state are shouting about.

For those of us that are not card carrying members of any political party, but only vote for good men and women that we believe can move their immediate environment forward (same reason all of us @[/b] voted for our darling Daddy in the presidential election and voted for another candidate in another party in our state of residence, no apologies to Sanwo-Olu!)

[b]It is sad that the days intellectuals (from opposing and different political affiliations) discuss politics on the political threads on Nairaland is gone and now it has gone to kids, hypocrites and dirty agberos that curse and abuse their mothers and fathers with no reasonable and sensible posts to contribute)

Lastly......

It is a always good and refreshing to see that we have a President who does not intervene in the rule of law.

Elections In Nigeria now,
There is no need to fear.
Why? Because the will of Nigerians will not be subverted. Never! A President once told us in this country that the coming polls would be do or die.
Not with President Buhari. Fair is fair. No foul play. Under his watch, his political party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has lost gubernatorial elections in Bayelsa, Oyo State and Anambra states.
At the last Council of States meeting, Gov Willie Obiano publicly registered his appreciation to President Buhari, for the level playing ground he made available during the election in his state. With do or die apostles, and a certain political party in power, such would never happen. Not with their garrison mentality. All states are territories that must be conquered, willy-nilly.

APC has won gubernatorial positions under Buhari in Kogi, Ondo and Edo states. The victories were fair and square. The party lost in Oyo, Anambra, Bayelsa (now twice!) etc.
This President would never manipulate victory for anyone, not even his own party. And you ask us not to trust him?
We will, and no mistake.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari.
God bless Nigeria.

Okoroawusa:

When was the last time I told you that I love you ?
Lol cheesy
Just 3 mins ago sir!
All of us @[b][/b] love you too.....it's Valentine's season.
Let's share the love around!
Stay blessed Chairman!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Duoye Diri's Thanksgiving Service by nanauju(f): 8:11pm On Feb 16, 2020
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policemen Clash With Soldiers Few Poles To Ebonyi Government House / Why We Raided Peace Corps, Arrested Commandant, Others - Nigerian Police / Amaka Ekwo: Nnamdi Kanu Appoints New Press Secretary (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.