Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:52 PM

Health Education - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Education (201 Views)

Work From Home Public Health Education Content Creators Internship Program / Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra: Basic Health Education / Mass Medical Mission Launches ‘health Education On The Go!’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Health Education by Wummmy01: 5:26pm On Feb 17, 2020
Healthy Me Network (HMN)
17th February 2020

Bonjour dear healthy me networkers. How was the weekend, hope twas enjoyable? How was your night too? I pray that this new week will usher you and I into great blessings and unlimited favor.

Today we will continue our discussion on one of the vital organs in our body which is the KIDNEY. Today I will be sharing with us *tips for healthy kidneys*. I hope you will get value in this post

The kidneys are important organs that affect many other body parts, including the heart.
Follow these tips to keep them working efficiently:

*Avoid extra salt*
Eating a lot of salty foods can disrupt the balance of minerals in the blood. This can make it harder for the kidneys to work properly. Try swapping out processed foods (which usually have a lot of added salt) for whole foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, lean cuts of meat, nuts

*Exercise*
High blood pressure is a known risk factor for chronic kidney disease. Regular exercise, even for just 20 minutes a day, can help reduce blood pressure.

*Stay hydrated*
Drinking plenty of water helps the kidneys perform one of their most important functions: removing toxins.

*Use medications with caution*

Regularly taking certain over-the-counter medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, can cause kidney damage over time. Occasionally taking them is fine, but work with your doctor to find alternatives if you have a condition that requires managing pain, such as arthritis.

*Know the risk factors*
Several things can increase your risk of developing a kidney condition. Make sure you regularly have your kidney function tested if you have diabetes, are obese, have high blood pressure, have a family history of kidney disease

That will be the end of our discussion today. Pls ensure you take good care of your kidney. Drink enough water, exercise daily, avoid salty foods and use medications with causion. Do have a blessed day ahead

Remember: You are the only true custodian of your health

Prevention is better and cheaper than cure

Your health coach
Ayeni Olawumi

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera Plus Bitters Aloes / The Power Of Rida Product Whtsppp 07036845662 / Mensuration After Child Birth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.