Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists (22842 Views)

Taking A Bold Step To Know If I Have Kidney Disease Or Something Else / 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment / Why Did I Have Kidney Stones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Slimranky(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2020
Whaaaat the f**"""k?

20 million what?

Shiit Mehn
I hope smoking weed don't cause kidney disease because I just smoked one now and as a matter of fact I smoked two wraps by 1am

I don't want to be a billionaire tomorrow and start touring the world like buhari in search of remedy in Yankee hospitals then you can't even enjoy your money,wife's p***y and your GOD given kids

What that heeell?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by sylve11: 11:56am On Feb 18, 2020
cool
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Famocious(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2020
That's scary
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by pmoye(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2020
Believe any statistics from Nigeria to your peril. We simply have no record.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by theDukegold(m): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2020
This wan well so?
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by cr7lomo: 11:58am On Feb 18, 2020
Bolacarpainter:
Too much consumption of alcohol and what have you

Alcohol doesn't cause kidney disease
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 18, 2020
I don't care if this report is true or not ,all I know is that I've lost 3 cousins,1 uncle and 3 friends to kidney disease and also know 6 other other cases from neighbors and their relations. If only me know this ,imagine how much others know. We have a serious problem with kidney failure in Nigeria . it's a time bomb waiting to explode. There's something we're doing wrong.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Fisher007: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2020
Lol this is so true. The number or percentage is even small.

Me I feel 40 percent of the country's population. Why? If you see the way people consume drugs and alcohol to kill depression, it is alarming.

Why do you think beer parlor sell and make enough. Why do you think there is drug epidemic in the north? All the alcoholic concoction in the south ( iya alagbo and co). ?

Even me wey dey laugh and comment gan fit get am wey I no know yet.

Hmm ok ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Mateen1000: 11:59am On Feb 18, 2020
Mrshape:
Stop generating numbers to scare people
Although the number has no stat on how it’s generated, but I might actually be true, its just 1 out of 10, our population is over 200 million
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by cr7lomo: 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:
True talk.

A lol of people actually feel very proud they can drink 20 bottles of alcohol while they have no money for medical care.

Alcohol is not the cause of kidney disease

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Zbasunah(m): 12:02pm On Feb 18, 2020
What are you doing with your data when you can earn from it, Makeup to 100,000naira daily by just commenting on a blog and sharing sponsored posts on your Facebook page. join now and thank me later. hold back and wish you did later. you choice your life. Join our WhatsApp group for more inquiry.

https:///IrZTYDRvtmc3kiFxrNaibB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Ogilinsaka: 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2020
G
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by HabaHaba: 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2020
Bolacarpainter:
Too much consumption of alcohol and what have you

Alcohol affects liver more, in terms of Liver Cirrhosis.

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Jaqenhghar: 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
Honestly Niggerians need to watch their diet and lifestyle
You will see a man will sit and eat suya worth 5k only him.
Suya = meat with huge quantities of sodium ( salt and MSG)
Roast fish with the huge quantities of salt

Then wash it down with alcohol or coke
No water. No proper sleep

He will say he is chopping life. Meanwhile he is fúcking up his kidneys

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by proclinician: 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2020
cr7lomo:

Alcohol is not the cause of kidney disease

The formation of Calcium oxalate stones in the kidney known as kidney stones can form as a result of excessive dehydration, and alcohol which is a diuretic is known to ddehydrate the body. when the body is dehydrated from excessive alcohol intake and just lack of water it leads to ptoduction of concentrated urine and can lead to the formation of crystals in the kidney.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by proclinician: 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2020
HabaHaba:

Alcohol affects liver more, in terms of Liver Cirrhosis.

Learn about kidney stones from dehydration.

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by quintessence007(f): 12:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
Kuku say all Nigerians because how many are we sef in Nigeria. May that not be our own portion.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by fof1: 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2020
ikorodureporta:

https://dailynigerian.com/20m-nigerians-have-kidney-diseases-nephrologists/

LIE LIE PEOPLE. WHAT IS D BASIS FOR THIS STATISTICS. I DISAGREE WITH UR UNFOUNDED RESEARCH RESULTS. ME, I DON'T HAVE IT AND CAN NOT HAVE IT. BUT PLS BRING US BETTER RESULTS AND NOT GENERALIZATIONS...
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by cr7lomo: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

The formation of Calcium oxalate stones in the kidney known as kidney stones can form as a result of excessive dehydration, and alcohol which is a diuretic is known to ddehydrate the body. when the body is dehydrated from excessive alcohol intake and just lack of water it leads to ptoduction of concentrated urine and can lead to the formation of crystals in the kidney.

U still not getting it right... Alcohol is still not the cause of kidney disease...it's dehydration as u mentioned... Taking drugs without water can also cause kidney failure... Infact , not taking enof water is majorly the cause ... Because no matter the amount of alcohol intake, as long as u suppliment it with water , u are fine ... But u need to understand that no matter the amount of water intake , ur liver can b damaged due to excessive alcohol... Alcohol damages the liver and not the kidney

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by proff010: 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2020
I lost my father due to kidney disease. When he was admitted in FMC abeokuta, that was when I know more about the kidney problem. Come and see alot of young people ( under 30years) being admitted because of this kidney disease. My father undergo 5-6 dialysis we spent alot on him but he still died and he doesn't drink non smoker. I don't know where and how he contacted this deadly disease. I missed him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by proclinician: 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2020
cr7lomo:

U still not getting it right... Alcohol is still not the cause of kidney disease...it's dehydration as u mentioned... Taking drugs without water can also cause kidney failure... Infact , not taking enof water is majorly the cause ... Because no matter the amount of alcohol intake, as long as u suppliment it with water , u are fine ... But u need to understand that no matter the amount of water intake , ur liver can b damaged due to excessive alcohol... Alcohol damages the liver and not the kidney

I no get time to argue with you. Excessive alcohol intake as a diuretic causes dehydration in the body which can lead to formation of kidney stones. It's as simple as ABC. Take it or drop it and move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2020
Not surprised. Thanks to the increase in the consumption of MSG.
Go to the food section, half of the food posted is noodles.
Since the introduction of the Nigerian brands of noodles like indomie, kidney problems have increased.

SON collect bribe and look the other way while millions of Nigerians eat to their death everyday.
Or is it our bullion cubes and meat tenderizer?
It's always good to make research.
Internet is not only for useless topics and posing

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Heffalump(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
Courtesy of bad food in circulation angry

NAFDAC needs to sit up to rid the country of poisonous substances flooding the market as food.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by GemUnique(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2020
This could be true anyways
The kidney is a very complex organ
Many are in one way or the other are already affected just that they are yet to start noticing the signs
In most cases, Kidney disease is not felt until 70% of the Nephrons are affected

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by ayanbaba2(m): 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
sassysure:
Not surprised. Thanks to the increase in the consumption of MSG.
Go to the food section, half of the food posted is noodles.
Since the introduction of the Nigerian brands of noodles like indomie, kidney problems have increased.

SON collect bribe and look the other way while millions of Nigerians eat to their death everyday.
Or is it our bullion cubes and meat tenderizer?
It's always good to make research.
Internet is not only for useless topics and posing

Thanks for this

2 Likes

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

I no get time to argue with you. Excessive alcohol intake as a diuretic causes dehydration in the body which can lead to formation of kidney stones. It's as simple as ABC. Take it or drop it and move.
Nigerians don't actually drink.

Where u see money?

So, yes, alcohol is not the major problem but part of it.
The way diabetes, bad diet especially too much intake of MSG and generally bad eating habit all contribute to bad kidney. Add HBP too.
Redundant lifestyles.
Look at our adults. Extremely fat. No exercise.
Especially diabetics and Millions are diabetic in nigeria.

No awareness by govt at all.

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by okrote4real: 12:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
NaijaMutant:
Only 20 million?

It should be more shocked

How is your own doing you? Hope you are getting better?
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by BAVOSKI(m): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2020
Mrshape:
Stop generating numbers to scare people
hahahahahahahahahahahabba
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
proff010:
I lost my father due to kidney disease. When he was admitted in FMC abeokuta, that was when I know more about the kidney problem. Come and see alot of young people ( under 30years) being admitted because of this kidney disease. My father undergo 5-6 dialysis we spent alot on him but he still died and he doesn't drink non smoker. I don't know where and how he contacted this deadly disease. I missed him
Was he diabetic at a point or eating the usual?
Sorry for your loss.

I see lots of people here denying it.

U don't wish some truths away.

Our celebrities are a fragment of the Nigerian society and they always suffer this kidney problem.
What about non celebrities we don't hear of?

The way diabetics is silently killing many and nothing is being done about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by proclinician: 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
sassysure:

Nigerians don't actually drink.

Where u see money?

So, yes, alcohol is not the major problem but part of it.
The way diabetes, bad diet especially too much intake of MSG and generally bad eating habit all contribute to bad kidney. Add HBP too.
Redundant lifestyles.
Look at our adults. Extremely fat. No exercise.
Especially diabetics and Millions are diabetic in nigeria.

No awareness by govt at all.

No awareness no interest no health insurance. Bad govt
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists by GemUnique(m): 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
Much salt intake
Much protein diet ie meat
More than normal compumption of alchol Dehydration
And looking at the physiology of Kidney, water can reduce the effect of most of these
I don't wait till my body request before I drink water

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTO: 58-year- Old Woman Gives Birth In Kogi / Why You Shouldn't Work With Your Laptop On Your Lap / I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.