Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System (31875 Views)

Emir Sanusi Took His Family To Cinema In UK (Photos) / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano / Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Abcdefghij10000(f): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2020
Rekhina:
girl power what is the difference between yareebas and hausa

There millions of almajiri
And here billions of Agberos and skullminers

Cc osuamaka grin
Hi you forgotten the Igbos= erosion ravaged region and republic of kidnapping

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by myobjective: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:
Some northern elders will hate him for saying this bitter truth.

Not only the elders but also the followers. They love this current arrangement which gives the educated few spots in the ministries and government establishment no matter how incompetent they are.

If you want to change the north, teamed up to have a president that can successfully restructure Nigeria, where states are self-sufficient and the central is rendered very weak. If they have to work as hard to get a job in the organized private sectors as the average southerners they would be forced to change

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Abcdefghij10000(f): 10:05am On Feb 18, 2020
Rekhina:

Cc osuamaka grin
You just lost an ardent supporter. I thought you were better than these naira land guys that bleed tribalism sad
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by BanevsJoker(m): 10:09am On Feb 18, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
No leave them. If what happened to Igbos in 1967 happened to the north, 80% of them would still be street beggers.
But 80% of them ARE street beggars.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by LordReed(m): 10:09am On Feb 18, 2020
BAAKUS1447:

https://thenationonlineng.net/north-cannot-continue-to-rely-on-quota-system-emir-sanusi/

Well spoken Emir Sanusi. Quota systems are always meant to be temporary to shepard in a more stable system.
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by vezycash(m): 10:15am On Feb 18, 2020
Rekhina:
the idiot supports Agbero just like millions of professors in Southwest

He may support them but not every Yoruba in Lagos supports them. I don't think any professor who isn't an APC member supports them either.

Agberos are like Almajiri. And are used by APC heavily. Lagos depends on them financially.

Before Tinubu became governor, armed robbery & pick pocketing was their main job. Places like Oshodi, computer village, oyingbo market... were dangerous even in broad day light.

Tinubu changed the way they rob. He gave them tax collection work.

Instead of robbbing homes, they now collect money from transporters - bikes, cars, buses, hawkers, and even traders in markets. And send a fixed percentage to the local government who in turn remit to the state government.

You'll find the thugs in every major street, and bus stops harassing bikes and busses for one fee or the other with full police support.

Since they are employed unofficially by the govt, APC Lagos has an army of thugs for election purposes.

SARS is filled with these guys and cultists.

So maddam. It's a complex thing. I don't like them but their current tax collection work allows me to sleep at night with both eyes closed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Fuckgovt: 10:19am On Feb 18, 2020
myobjective:

I'm not hating I'm just saying the obvious. Southerners are far ahead in terms of literacy and general social-economic development but they're too emotionally attached to their ethnicity to have an unbiased look at things, resulting in them making the same mistakes with the uneducated north.

They are not actually biased but say the truth as they are. Even ppl from the south castigated GEJ when he didn't do well, but the north protect PMB despite being worse than GEJ. That's their grief.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by myobjective: 10:28am On Feb 18, 2020
Fuckgovt:
They are not actually biased but say the truth as they are. Even ppl from the south castigated GEJ when he didn't do well, but the north protects PMB despite being worse than GEJ. That's their grief.

In the same vein, not all northerners are supporting Buhari, I know many that are critical of his government from day one.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by paparazi1(m): 10:29am On Feb 18, 2020
BAAKUS1447:

https://thenationonlineng.net/north-cannot-continue-to-rely-on-quota-system-emir-sanusi/
May the Almighty
continue to bless you sir, I just hope their is someone out there hearing your cry. You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Origin(f): 10:31am On Feb 18, 2020
It's a wonder how Northerners get so many public service jobs. But are not well represented in the private sector.

How do they become eligible for these jobs..

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by mmsen: 10:31am On Feb 18, 2020
Racoon:
This emir has been talking sensibly in recent times but will the northern leaders & elites agree with him? The core north never knew that the defective "quota system" is the foundational basis of its backwardness as well as where Nigeria is today.

He says one thing and then does another.

He cries about overpopulation but then marries four women and creates his own football team.

How do you rail against the northern leadership but support Buhari?

Let these idiots reap what they sow.
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by mmsen: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2020
ifdaeg:
Emir Sanusi is just like every other Nigerian politician saying one thing and doing the opposite. As cbn governor Emir Sanusi did nothing in the North to improve the education and eradicate alamjiri system now he's talking. When he was newly crowned Emir, his wealthy and influential friends asked what they can do to support him. He didn't ask for funding of education for some kids under his emirate, He didn't ask for health care facilities in his Emirate etc, He asked them to buy him a new Rolls Royce because He can't afford to use the Rolls Royce in the palace as it is out dated . Talk is cheap that's what I learnt with Buhari 2015 'Change ' campaign. The Emir is preaching what He will never practice. Funny enough Nigerians can trust so easily that's why we're so easy to manipulate.

Thank you.

I get tired of watching people pretend that this idiot is a voice of reason. At best he's a hypocrite. At worst he's just like the rest of them - brain infused with traditional Islamic nonsense that renders his faculties redundant when it matters most.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Rekhina(f): 10:35am On Feb 18, 2020
vezycash:

He may support them but not every Yoruba in Lagos supports them. I don't think any professor who isn't an APC member supports them either.

Agberos are like Almajiri. And are used by APC heavily. Lagos depends on them financially.

Before Tinubu became governor, armed robbery & pick pocketing was their main job. Places like Oshodi, computer village, oyingbo market... were dangerous even in broad day light.

Tinubu changed the way they rob. He gave them tax collection work.

Instead of robbbing homes, they now collect money from transporters - bikes, cars, buses, hawkers, and even traders in markets. And send a fixed percentage to the local government who in turn remit to the state government.

You'll find the thugs in every major street, and bus stops harassing bikes and busses for one fee or the other with full police support.

Since they are employed unofficially by the govt, APC Lagos has an army of thugs for election purposes.

SARS is filled with these guys and cultists.

So maddam. It's a complex thing. I don't like them but their current tax collection work allows me to sleep at night with both eyes closed.
anyway u are right , u are coolheaded indeed ,
Is good to know this world aren't our home

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by ZZ22: 10:37am On Feb 18, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
The myth about Northerners not valuing education is all lies, they just have the most wicked Fulani led leaders,
All their kids attend the best schools in the world (Buhari,El Rufa,Sanusi included) and then turn around to build mosques and madrasas for the masses.

Now we are using more money to fight their children than spend on our children's future.
If we don't break up, we would all be like them,
All of them are the same and his speech is a subtle campaign for El Rufai's take over. Not many will understand
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:39am On Feb 18, 2020
They know what the south likes to hear

ZZ22:
All of them are the same and his speech is a subtle campaign for El Rufai's take over. Not many will understand
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Rekhina(f): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2020
Abcdefghij10000:

You just lost an ardent supporter. I thought you were better than these naira land guys that bleed tribalism sad
I am sorry but blame frlukas he stabbed me through tribalism ,
.I am a good Moslem who is on the side of humanity n justice FYI , always support me cos I fight for the helpless outside here even in UAE
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Rekhina(f): 10:41am On Feb 18, 2020
Abcdefghij10000:

Hi you forgotten the Igbos= erosion ravaged region and republic of kidnapping
pls let's stop this tribalism , I was carried away by something,
And am not from southeast
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by bareal(m): 10:43am On Feb 18, 2020
Rekhina:
girl power what is the difference between yareebas yeebos and hausa

There are millions of drug peddlers

Cc osuamaka
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Rekhina(f): 10:48am On Feb 18, 2020
pwettyJasmine:

Its the sad truth that is being said. I travelled by road to kotangora last week and i was amazed at the number of children and youths i saw from village to village that were out of school.
I couldn't hold back my worry, i had to ask the people, why are children not in school?
Their excuse was lack of dedication of the techers. I was told that when some children go to school, there are no teachers. This teacher ride "kabukabu" and return to school around 1pm.
Here in the southwest its like a taboo to see a child at home on weekdays, 90% of children are in school.
These out of school children daily gamble their future and its amazing how their parents appeared not to be worried, atleast they know the
"quota" rubbish will fix their half baked child in NNPC, EFCC, ABUJA whereas the so called educated south-westerners nd south-easterners will scramble to get jobs.
Naijeeria my country!
I cried once because of north and their sufferings back then in yobe ,but I won't do dat again , stupidity is wickedness ,
All my life from 4yrs I hate injustice not because my churchy dad preaches it but because I allow that selfless spirit to infitrate me , but northerners pretend they are illiterate just to harm Nigeria ,my sister don't worry ur ass
Woe to fools cos rekhinatu won't pity them ,
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Boyooosa(m): 10:50am On Feb 18, 2020
This Sanusu is a Royal Prophet / Prophetic King, if they like, let them assassinate him, their region is gone forever be that.
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by myobjective: 10:52am On Feb 18, 2020
Origin:
It's a wonder how Northerners get so many public service jobs. But are not well represented in the private sector.

How do they become eligible for these jobs..

Quota system
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Neoteny(m): 10:55am On Feb 18, 2020
myobjective:

What do you want him to do to help?

He is a ceremonial traditional and religious leaders that people come to for guidance and advice, he can only guild and advise his people on the best ways to live life in these challenges modern time.

The tax, allocation of the state is not paid to him so he can only call the general populace attention to happening in his domain

Then he should've contested for an executive position to actually effect change, not retire to a cushy and largely irrelevant position that's all image and no substance

In the real world people who want to make a change aspire for moonshots to get to where they can influence events.

He's talking from the relative comfort and safety of an insulated position.
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Onitola2: 11:03am On Feb 18, 2020
[quote author=sapientia post=86746588][/quote] both are old northerners, our problem in Nigeria is far greater than either, we youths want quick money and will rather organize party and dance than organize investment (even if it's small), police with their nonsense, even soldiers on highways collect money rather than focus on securing it, you'll bribe to get any decent work, we're shouting hunger but you'll rarely see any occasion where we're not wasting food and money.......
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by tiwiex(m): 11:16am On Feb 18, 2020
festacman:
Emir Sanusi is a lone voice crying in the 'wilderness' of change, saying CHANGE YE NORTHERN LEADERS and invest in positive human capital development and reform outdated socio-cultural/economic systems because your people are being left behind and the consequences of inaction will be much worse than robbery, kidnapping and armed banditry. The magnitude and impact of the inevitable uprising will be better imagined than experienced. Take a cue from the conservative Saudi Arabia, which has realised that reforms are necessary to catch up with neighbours like UAE.

Will they listen? Will they continue to loathe the messenger and his message? The choice is theirs to make, just as the blame will be theirs to bear when the cup fills up. Time is running out fast!

P.S: This is not saying that Southern leaders are doing wonders but the situation in the North is dire.

Why do we feel the end result of tga neglect hasn't come upon us. The BH members were lured into it due to unemployment and a lack of education. Failure to educate the north led to easy membership drive within these groups. What can we do now? Can u convince a man who has been on the street since he was born to switch to education in his 30s? Can they change when Sanusi is the only line voice the have? I just tire for Nigeria.
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by Rhaspody(m): 11:40am On Feb 18, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
The myth about Northerners not valuing education is all lies, they just have the most wicked Fulani led leaders,
All their kids attend the best schools in the world (Buhari,El Rufa,Sanusi included) and then turn around to build mosques and madrasas for the masses.

Now we are using more money to fight their children than spend on our children's future.
If we don't break up, we would all be like them,

This is true. The government of the north do very little to encourage education amongst it's youngsters. Very little.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by golddare: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2020
BAAKUS1447:

You cant change a man's life until you have changed his mind, it will take years to reoriente the North, their leaders did a good job, they attacked their mindset and values. I haven't seen such a people that have been enslaved with religion and politics by elites.
I pity the youths of the North and I believe the only quota system they need to change is status quo.
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2020
myobjective:

Not only the elders but also the followers. They love this current arrangement which gives the educated few spots in the ministries and government establishment no matter how incompetent they are.

If you want to change the north, teamed up to have a president that can successfully restructure Nigeria, where states are self-sufficient and the central is rendered very weak. If they have to work as hard to get a job in the organized private sectors as the average southerners they would be forced to change

Spot on.
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by myobjective: 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2020
Rhaspody:

This is true. The government of the north do very little to encourage education amongst its youngsters. Very little.

It is not like the southern government is anything better but rather southerners have a culture of education and the believe that poverty is a state of mind which can be defeated by acquiring education and skills.

On an average northern government spend more on education, scholarship and incentive to get people educated than their counterpart in the south but the average northern is too lazy and blind by religion and culture to take education seriously.

Let me give you a good example: around the year 2008 while in FUT Minna for my undergraduate studies, some people were sponsored by the Sokoto state government to study civil engineering in Minna. I was made aware that it has been the policy of the state to bring in students, pay all their bills, pay for accommodation and offer them jobs as an undergraduate in their ministry of works and tertiary institution of learning. This arrangement was arrived out due to shortages of civil engineers in the state.

Furthermore, the successful applicants are placed on level 6 or so salary from their 200L. Despite all these incentives, the majority still fail to graduate and the few that made it do so with some padding.

In summary, it is not that those guys were naturally dull or stupid, no! far from it but they all lack the culture of hard work, dedication and excellence exhibited by mostly southerners who came from families where education is a number one priority.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by myobjective: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
golddare:

You cant change a man's life until you have changed his mind, it will take years to reorient the North, their leaders did a good job, they attacked their mindset and values. I haven't seen such people that have been enslaved with religion and politics by elites.
I pity the youths of the North and I believe the only quota system they need to change is the status quo.

The Jihad of Usman Dan Fodio set a retrogressive wheel in motion in northern Nigeria, for 99 years it conditions the minds of the masses to view everything that befalls on them as the will of the almighty. He successful brainwashed the masses using religion to cement his minority rules and when the British colonialist game they did nothing to change when they sense that arrangement on the ground was cheaper and less stressful to best exploit the country.

Missionary schools in the south and "pagan north" was the game changer and a vehicle of civilisation to the hitherto uneducated Africans. The Muslim mixed out of this due to the greed of the feudal rollers and their British overload, ever since then the Muslim north has been the destabilizing factor affection the growth and development of this nation

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by executive12: 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
Emir Sanusi, you are the main man. Speaking truth to power. May God continue to bless you and other fearless, objective and outspoken people like you.
Re: Emir Sanusi: North Cannot Continue To Rely On Quota System by nedekid: 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2020
Rekhina:

Cc osuamaka
Why instigate SW folks naa.
If there are million of agbero etc "here" then go and reside in igbo lands!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Yoruba's Obsessed With Greeting? / The Fulani / Siddika Lamido To Wed Abubakar Umar Kurfi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.