Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract (33274 Views)

President Buhari Set To Commission Police Equipment On Monday (Pictures). / Babagana Monguno: What We Will Do If Anyone Disrupts Anambra Polls / Babagana Monguno Accuses Abba Kyari Of Interference On National Security Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by maximilano: 8:13am On Feb 19, 2020
The Chief of Staff doesn’t have any business meddling in security matters. He’s not empowered by law to do so.

1 Like

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Temptee101(m): 8:14am On Feb 19, 2020
shocked

Where is Osinbajo?

Abba kyari should have pity on him and release him

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by mvem(m): 8:15am On Feb 19, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
How can you override a presidents order? He should be impeached.
stop using words you don't know...he should be sacked not impeached...you don't impeach someone that is appointed rather you sack them

1 Like

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 19, 2020
I don't understand so our president has no say in this matter. Nna ehn the idiots that voted this our current head of state should just carry him and go. Common chief of staff dey dictate what to do and what to not do.
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by maximilano: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2020
Esseite:

And it took four years to write to the public?... whatever happened to seeking express assent directly from the president if it was that urgent?..

If people where to be killed because of those equipments, wont they be all dead already?..

Like I said, the NSA focus is on that contract, rather than the purpose of the equipment.
Answer this simple question.
Who is empowered by law to meddle in security matters? NSA or Chief of Staff?
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Joyce95: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2020
Always been special for calling your name you're indeed a great man
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by okefrancis: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2020
I beg let the NSA and service chief face their matter and didn't mention VP name, let a sleep dog rest
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 19, 2020
Doubleoh7:

Have you seen the contents, wordings or clauses inserted into the MOU? Or you don't know some MOU's have the weight of a contract? E be like i go just stop to dey answer you sef

Do you know how many successful arm deal procurement deals that has occurred between 2016 and 2020?..
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by okefrancis: 8:19am On Feb 19, 2020
Ausrichie:
I don't understand so our president has no say in this matter. Nna ehn the idiots that voted this our current head of state should just carry him and go. Common chief of staff dey dictate what to do and what to not do.
I will advice you to keep shut since you are ignorant of the law
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by dammyllare(m): 8:19am On Feb 19, 2020
Esseite:

Like I said the story is one sided, if you had an iota of being inquisitive, you would ask why the pursuit of a contract memo of 2016 in 2020 when there is a four year gap difference to seek even if it's another memo with different terms from the president.

Why that exact memo of 2016 and from that particular company with blackmail of relationship ties as far back as 2016.

If only you haven't been so daft then you would know if another authorized memo was passed by the president, then the NSA would have been copied.
His point is that the president wasn't even aware the directives had been changed by the COS who is already an institution

1 Like

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Emmytrill(m): 8:20am On Feb 19, 2020
I regret supporting PMB in 2015. This man is an affliction and by the special grace of God, we will see his end and not him seeing ours! cry angry

1 Like

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by maybanks: 8:20am On Feb 19, 2020
Temptee101:
shocked

Where is Osinbajo?

Osinbajo has been busy trying to fix the ignorance of people like you who lack knowledge about a presidential system of Government.

1 Like

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by okefrancis: 8:21am On Feb 19, 2020
Temptee101:
shocked

Where is Osinbajo?

Go and ask Google ,you should pity yourself
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Opeyemi4real(m): 8:22am On Feb 19, 2020
Esseite:

So what point did you make?.. all noise, no content.
Bro, you need sense.
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 19, 2020
okefrancis:

I will advice you to keep shut since you are ignorant of the law
See this slowpoke. The president gave an order and the man flouted it and you are writing horseshit. See hold your dirty mouth.
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 19, 2020
dammyllare:

If only you haven't been so daft then you would know if another authorized memo was passed by the president, then the NSA would have been copied.
His point is that the president wasn't even aware the directives had been changed by the COS who is already an institution

He was not aware for 4 years?... which then begs to ask how necessary was this equipment to Nigerians that it eluded four annual budgets..

All the parties that needed the equipments could not have mentioned to him about the status of the equipments until after 4 years, a change of IGP, an election etc...

Come on... think
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by okefrancis: 8:24am On Feb 19, 2020
Emmytrill:
I regret supporting PMB in 2015. This man is an affliction and by the special grace of God, we will see his end and not him seeing ours! cry angry
You had better be careful of your utterances ,those who voted for him believe in his capacity and capability
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 19, 2020
Opeyemi4real:
Bro, you need sense.

Same noise... no content.
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Wallade(m): 8:26am On Feb 19, 2020
Esseite:

Executed MOU?.... if a contract is executed, its not longer an MOU.

Please enlighten me on Executed MOU.

I was not referring to an executed contract, I meant to reference "Executed MOU"

I will suggest you read about it, Google is your friend.
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by DabuIIIT: 8:27am On Feb 19, 2020
When the late Azazi was NSA, coneheaded structures made sure he never had peace till he was removed from office. He was blamed and accused of doing nothing about the Boko Haram attacks.
Today,the dreaded Boko Haram are still bombing, beheading, kidnapping,etc,but nobody is saying a single word or mention of Babagana Monguno!!!!!?!??!!!!!!

Oh,I see,I just remember,he is their master!!!!
grin grin grin grin

Lzaa immhotep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by SoNature(m): 8:27am On Feb 19, 2020
odave:

How can chief of staff be so powerful than president and Vp?

Niger delta insurgency was tackled by wisdom and sicererity of Osinbajo with cooperation of Elders and youths there, see the results today.

Northern insurgency is being handled by Buhari and his brothers, Northern Elites and Elders, see the results...

Our Darling Daddy, well done sir

We all know that Buhari is an incompetent leader, but your comparison is uncalled-for and unfair

You see, Niger Delta militants are known youths who are fighting for a just cause. All they needed was for the government to treat their people fairly.

On the other hand, Boko Haram is a terror group with the sole agenda of islamizing Nigeria's north and usurping power through guerrilla warfare.

To achieve their goal, they kill people, shatter dreams, destroy people's houses, bomb government establishments, and shamelessly adopt and rape minors.

Terrorists are the most difficult set of deviants to tackle anywhere in the world because they are ready to die. Yes, they just need people to die with them.

While the guys in delta's creeks are sensible Nigerians who are fighting for their people, Boko Haram members are senseless idiots who enjoy killing people.

So, there's no basis for comparison.

I Just pity Nigerians because they are gullible.

I will never forget a 2014 promise of the APC that says "Buhari would single-handedly lead the military to prosecute the war on terror."

Today, the oldie in Aso Rock doesn't even know what's happening around him

2 Likes

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Doubleoh7: 8:27am On Feb 19, 2020
Esseite:

Do you know how many successful arm deal procurement deals that has occurred between 2016 and 2020?..

I am waiting for you to connect this question of yours to the topic being discussed so i can respond to you squarely
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by bigiyaro(m): 8:29am On Feb 19, 2020
Esseite:

Kyari may not be anyone's favourite but:

The bolded quote goes to show the NSA is more interested in the Lucrative contract memo of 2016 from a particular company rather than Nigerians whom actually need the equipments for security.

How many budgets have been passed since 2016 that the NSA is still pursuing a contract memo of 2016 rather than ensuring other options of getting the equipments.

For four years he could not get the president to sign another memo or assent to another contract, but insisting on the 2016 memo, something does not add up.

The story is one sided.
shame on you!!
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by GreyLaw(m): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Esseite can read
But can't comprehend
No need wasting your time ...
That's how the zombie virus got the dead meat distributor

He and his kind can read.
They can also understand.
However, the are intentionally being obtuse.
The reason being to find every way possible to justify the president and his pals.

You see how wicked such people are?

1 Like

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by SolarEdge: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Cantonese: 8:32am On Feb 19, 2020
Esseite:

Broaden your mind.. an NSA harping on a memo of 2016 in 2020 shows something does not add up.

For 4 years, he could not get the president to assent to another memo?..

You do not seem to understand it all. I advice that you read the information slowly and more carefully with better insight.

Before getting power in 2015, we were told by APC/Buhari how Boko haram and other forms of crime would be crushed. Sincerely speaking what is the position now, to your own understanding?

We were told how PDP looted security funds and Dasuki detained almost endlessly. We were told by the president's wife how some people had hijacked the president himself. Last year finally the internal battles in the president's house was made public by his wife. Did you not hear the role of Kyari and his family in Aso rock? The same Kyari had issues with the VP. He has been having running battles with other highly placed government officials, yet insurgency and killing have taken a worse dimension.
Have you not been in this country?

The accusation in the information given is that Kyari OVERRIDES the presidents order. Did you not read that? "Overrides" here indicates present continous in English. If as of 2019 Kyari had issues with the presidents immediate family, the VP and still lives in the Villa, does it not add up that the president cannot control him?

Unfortunately we have been told how sentimentally the two men are attached. How he took care of the president and the family at the time of their travails. What have those sentiments got to do with national interest? Can't you see that the man is well positioned to make tons of money for himself and his family with the political opportunity presented before him? Even the VP does not have direct access anymore to the president on the orders if the man - did you not read it?

Please do not let yourself suffer myopia when issues like this come up. If you reside in safe areas remember that there are people who suffer daily from the lack of proper action by some of these wicked leaders. I advice you to think wisely.

1 Like

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Chydo63(m): 8:34am On Feb 19, 2020
It's actually your comment that doesn't add up. Your opinion is one sided
Esseite:

The bolded quote goes to show the NSA is more interested in the Lucrative contract memo of 2016 from a particular company rather than Nigerians whom actually need the equipments for security.

How many budgets have been passed since 2016 that the NSA is still pursuing a contract memo of 2016 rather than ensuring other options of getting the equipments.

For four years he could not get the president to sign another memo or assent to another contract, but insisting on the 2016 memo, something does not add up.

The story is one sided.
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 19, 2020
This is a fight about who should steal more money some.
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2020
Esseite:

The story is one sided.
Do you have knowledge of another memo being raised abt the same equipment since then? If not then this subsists and the man is doing the right thing.
Of course the Emirates will see us as unserious if after an agreement between our govt and theirs we fail to do the needful in executing the agreements afterward.
Such is the case of the US ban which happened one year after warning. Some countries take agreements serious.

1 Like

Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Doubleoh7: 8:39am On Feb 19, 2020
Esseite:

He was not aware for 4 years?... which then begs to ask how necessary was this equipment to Nigerians that it eluded four annual budgets..

All the parties that needed the equipments could not have mentioned to him about the status of the equipments until after 4 years, a change of IGP, an election etc...

Come on... think
If you are as objective as you should be then you should know that the president expressly instructed all his appointees to pass through Kyari to him. So how do you expect Kyari to relate such to the president?
Re: Babagana Monguno Attacks Abba Kyari Over Police Equipment Contract by Nnannapat(m): 8:39am On Feb 19, 2020
Esseite:

Broaden your mind.. an NSA harping on a memo of 2016 in 2020 shows something does not add up.

For 4 years, he could not get the president to assent to another memo?..
Is it partisan politics or are you holding brief for Mr Kyari? A retired Major General and a head of the Nations security was angry that an ordinary chief of staff to the president has stalled and was trying to divert the procurement of security hardwares, and you are qouting the date of the memo, do you know the contract time frame?
Buhari has really messed up a lot of you folks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Begin Election Boycott Campaign In Your States — Bianca Ojukwu Tells Agitators / Osinbajo's Fear Catches Ministers / President Buhari Unveils 2 National Policies On Nigerian Government (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.