Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers (906 Views)

EFCC Summons Dangote Officials To Abuja Over Alleged Forex Crime / Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers / Pepsi-Cola War Disrupts Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers by BrandSpurNG: 7:01am On Feb 19, 2020
The Senate on Tuesday began the process of resolving the competition crisis between two soft drinks manufacturers, Messrs 7-Up Bottling Company, makers of Pepsi, and Rites Foods Limited, makers of Bigi brands.

The Senate took the decision when representatives of the two soft drinks’ firms appeared before the Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions.

They were invited by the panel led by Senator Ayo Akinyelure following a petition by the lawyers to the Rites Foods Limited against the 7-Up Bottling Company.

Rather than allowing the parties to defend their cases at a public hearing, the Senate panel decided to attend to them behind closed doors.
The meeting lasted two hours, and the two parties were asked to hold a meeting to resolve the conflict among them.

Akinyelure told journalists after the closed session that both parties have been asked to return in two weeks after their peace meeting.

He said, “We have been able to sit the two management together because we believe that the issue is a matter that can be resolved amicably through the instrument of alternative conflict resolution that will bring more results to the country.

“I decided to hold a closed-door meeting in my office with both parties and at the end of the meeting attended by senior members of the Senate.

“For a company that engages 2000 Nigerians with the other having 5,000 in her employment, it is our wish to see them progress and add more value to the country.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2020/02/18/cola-war-senate-summons-bigi-pepsi-manufacturers/

Re: Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers by bigt2(m): 7:41am On Feb 19, 2020
Poor journalism. What is the issue? angry
Re: Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers by Goldencheese(m): 7:46am On Feb 19, 2020
bigt2:
Poor journalism. What is the issue? angry

I think what the Senate did was to protect their brands. However, if any of the parties does not feel satisfied with the outcome of the Senate's mediation, the law courts are there to seek justice.
Re: Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers by bigt2(m): 7:49am On Feb 19, 2020
Goldencheese:

I think what the Senate did was to protect their brands. However, if any of the parties does not feel satisfied with the outcome of the Senate's mediation, the law courts are there to seek justice.
Senate can now interfere in cases already in court right?
Re: Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers by Goldencheese(m): 8:03am On Feb 19, 2020
bigt2:

Senate can now interfere in cases already in court right?

But they didn't mention that the cases were in court, rather they mentioned that they would refer them to arbitration. Isn't that what the story says? In any case, the senate is the Legislature and can also wade in issues affecting society without jeopardising its sub judice status particularly that they made it a private and not a public hearing.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Re: Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers by iHart(m): 8:22am On Feb 19, 2020
So what is the war all about?
Re: Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers by bigt2(m): 9:31am On Feb 19, 2020
Goldencheese:

But they didn't mention that the cases were in court, rather they mentioned that they would refer them to arbitration. Isn't that what the story says? In any case, the senate is the Legislature and can also wade in issues affecting society without jeopardising its sub judice status particularly that they made it a private and not a public hearing.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
That eluded me. I stand corrected, but what exactly is the problem? It wasn't mentioned.

Seems their hands are getting rubbed within closed doors heh
Re: Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers by Goldencheese(m): 11:16am On Feb 19, 2020
I don't really know too. I think it is because it is already sub judice that they are not bringing up the issues for public consumption and analysis.

bigt2:

That eluded me. I stand corrected, but what exactly is the problem? It wasn't mentioned.

Seems their hands are getting rubbed within closed doors heh
Re: Cola War: Senate Summons Bigi, Pepsi Manufacturers by healthserve(m): 11:21am On Feb 19, 2020
Terrible journalism. This isn't news like. More like petty rumor

(1) (Reply)

Panick As Dollar Sold For #410 Today / WHICH PRODUCT HAS THE GREATEST DEMAND IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD DURING THIS LOCKDOWN / Jubilations As CEO Mainland Oil & Gas Commissions New Mega Station In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.