Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

U.S Visiting Visa Application/renewal: Trumps Visa Ban Experiences - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visiting Visa Application/renewal: Trumps Visa Ban Experiences (752 Views)

UAE Imposes Visa Ban On Nigerians, Rejects Applications / China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus / Why US Is Mulling Visa Ban On Nigeria, By Diplomatic Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Visiting Visa Application/renewal: Trumps Visa Ban Experiences by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 19, 2020
This is a new thread about visiting visa applications/renewal interviews after American president Trumps recent travel ban on Nigerians. You're free to share your stories here.

I will start with my experience recently trying to renew my visiting visa. I failed to renew it during the drop box era, so i had to schedule an appointment to be interviewed. While I was waiting in-line for my turn, I couldn't help but over hear the visa officers asking applicants why they had over-stayed a previous visit and immediately refuse to renew their visa despite coming back to Nigeria after 2 to 5 months. Reality struck when it got to my turn and I was asked the same question after staying 3 months.

I will like to know if anybody has experienced this too and scaled through despite staying longer than you applied for. Thank you smiley
Re: U.S Visiting Visa Application/renewal: Trumps Visa Ban Experiences by Dave233: 9:17am On Feb 19, 2020
Share your transcripts for better assistance
Re: U.S Visiting Visa Application/renewal: Trumps Visa Ban Experiences by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Dave233:
Share your transcripts for better assistance

It happened so fast, from what I remember:

VO: Where are you going to?
VO: Why do you want to travel there?
VO: How long will you be staying?
VO: What do you do?
VO: Are you married?
VO: Do you have any children?
VO: Have you been to the US before?
VO: Why did you stay from June till August?
VO: so what we're you doing for 3 months?
VO: you don't qualify for a visa, try again next time etc.
Re: U.S Visiting Visa Application/renewal: Trumps Visa Ban Experiences by autolearner: 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
tunlaji:

VO: so what we're you doing for 3 months?
VO: if you're gonna lie think of something really intelligent
VO: you don't qualify for a visa, try again next time etc.

Damn, that was cold
Re: U.S Visiting Visa Application/renewal: Trumps Visa Ban Experiences by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 20, 2020
autolearner:

Damn, that was cold

My thoughts exactly

(1) (Reply)

Can I Process A Visa Now / Which West Africa Country Is Easy To Migrate To And Have Her PR. / The Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Working| A Visual Tour Of Lagos-ibadan Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.