Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

JAMB Subject Combinations For Accounting - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Subject Combinations For Accounting (651 Views)

JAMB UTME 2020 Subject Combinations For Courses. / List Of JAMB 2018/19 Subject Combinations For All Courses & Department / JAMB Subject Combinations For All Courses – 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Subject Combinations For Accounting by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hello, good evening, everyone.
Please, I need clarifications about a concern. My kid sister wants fo go for Accounting in the Univeristy of Nigeria, Enugu. For JAMB, she registered
1. MATHEMATICS
2. ENGLISH LANGUAGE
3. ECONOMICS
4. CRS.

She said someone told her the subject combination wasn't okay, that every ART/Social Science student who studied Accounting registered Government, rather than a pure Art Course. She's tried changing the subject but she was told she can no longer change subject... she can only change course or uni.
So, I want to know, please. Is this going to be an automatic forfeiture of her choice course? For her WAEC, her subject combinations are perfect. Personally, I've told her to not bother altering it, that Maths, Econs and English are the key subjects there.

People knowledgeable about this, please is this really a problem?

Lalasticlala. Seun
Re: JAMB Subject Combinations For Accounting by edoairways: 9:48pm On Feb 19, 2020
Some schools take their jamb combination serious during post utme screening exercise. She should have used government instead of CRS however I advice you confirm from UNN directly

1 Like

Re: JAMB Subject Combinations For Accounting by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2020
edoairways:
Some schools take their jamb combination serious during post utme screening exercise. She should have used government instead of CRS however I advice you confirm from UNN directly

But even government is not related to Accounting in any way.
Re: JAMB Subject Combinations For Accounting by edoairways: 1:03am On Feb 20, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

But even government is not related to Accounting in any way.
The requirement are English, Mathematics, Economics and any other social or commercial subject. Some schools take a course called Pol 101 at their first year. It would have been better she picks government because part of the knowledge is applied in taxation and public sector accounting. Taxation in understanding the tiers of government revenue and public sector accounting in revenue allocation.

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Subject Combinations For Accounting by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
edoairways:

The requirement are English, Mathematics, Economics and any other social or commercial subject. Some schools take a course called Pol 101 at their first year. It would have been better she picks government because part of the knowledge is applied in taxation and public sector accounting. Taxation in understanding the tiers of government revenue and public sector accounting in revenue allocation.

This makes sense. Thank you very much.

(1) (Reply)

UNILAG MBA: HND HOLDER WITH UPPER CREDIT CAN APPLY - 08158942445! / Just In: Ekiti State Announces Date For Schools Reopening / My First Mistake In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.