Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) (1200 Views)

Mugabe Refuses To Relinquish Power, Says Until He Dies / Secession Bid Of Texas And Obama's War Options! / Saudi Judge Refuses To Annul Marriage Of 8 Year-old-girl To A 47-year-old Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by udennaa: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2010
WIKILEAKS founder Julian Assange was a step closer to being freed yesterday(Tuesday)-but failed in a cheeky bid to keep his bail address secret.
The Australian Whistleblower won a hearing to be released from jail to stay at a friend's luxury mansion while waiting to fight an extradition bid.
His lawyer Geoffrey Robinson QC argued that to reveal its location would infringe his right to PRIVACY. But laughter rang out round London's Horseferry Road Magistrates' Court as District Judge Howard Riddle said NOT TO DISCLOSE IT WOULD FLY IN THE FACE OF 39-YEAR-OLD ASSANGE'S OWN PHILOSOPHY OF OPEN JUSTICE.
And he insisted that the address of the ten-bedroom stately home-Ellingham Hall,20 miles from Lowestoft in Suffolk- be read out in open court,
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by montelik(m): 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2010
As they say, turnabout is only fair play. grin grin grin
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by udennaa: 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2010
I never knew privacy exists in his dictionary,quite ridiculous!
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by ElRazur: 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2010
This little fiasco just goes to illustrate what some of us has been saying - That is, not all information should be made public. 

Yet a lot of people on here will ask for info to be made known to all, simply because the leak is at the cost of the US.

As for his philosophy about open justice, oh please! It is a vendetta at best.
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2010
ElRazur:

This little fiasco just goes to illustrate what some of us have been saying - That is, not all information should be made public.

Yet a lot of people on here will ask for info to be made known to all, simply because the leak is at the cost of the US.
As for his philosophy about open justice, oh please! It is a vendetta at best.

You deny mind them?

Well, at least you do not have nincompoops hounding you with insults and posts with claims that you have something PERSONAL against the guy simply cause you do not see the world the same way they do. I do wonder who and how these were raised. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by ElRazur: 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You deny mind them?

Well, at least you do not have nincompoops hounding you with insults and posts with claims that you have something PERSONAL against the guy simply cause you do not see the world the same way they do. I do wonder who and how these were raised. ROFLMAO!!

Lol.

If you noticed, I have stayed away from "that thread" for most part. While I can over look the insult and what not, what I find disturbing is the flawed logic some of the posters in that thread displayed. Smh.
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2010
ElRazur:

Lol.

If you noticed, I have stayed away from "that thread" for most part. While I can over look the insult and what not, what I find disturbing is the flawed logic some of the posters in that thread displayed. Smh.

lol . . . I have learned to ignore, hard to do but necessary, as soon as the ramble-fests and the insult-a-palooza begins. lol
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by montelik(m): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2010
Its get better.

Assange’s lawyer wants investigation of leaks (about Assange)

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is a big believer in leaks as a way to shed light on corruption, backroom diplomatic deals and war. But his lawyers aren't happy to see information now being leaked about Assange.

The Guardian published new details Friday night about the rape and sexual assault claims made in Sweden against Assange, who still has not actually been charged with crime.  The New York Times — which, like the Guardian, recently published diplomatic cables from WikiLeaks cache — followed up Saturday with a story based on a redacted version of the leaked Swedish police report.

Bjorn Hurtig, the attorney representing Assange in Sweden, now wants authorities to investigate how the police report got leaked, according to The Australian newspaper.

"I do not like the idea that Julian may be forced into a trial in the media," Hurtig said. "And I feel especially concerned that he will be presented with the evidence in his own language for the first time when reading the newspaper. I do not know who has given these documents to the media, but the purpose can only be one thing — trying to make Julian look bad."

A Guardian spokesman defended the paper's coverage of the allegations against Assange. "Julian is not a confidential source," he said. "The argument that the papers involved with the WikiLeaks cables should not report criticism of him is one all journalists would find ridiculous."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20101220/tc_yblog_thecutline/assanges-lawyer-wants-investigation-of-leaks-about-assange

See hypocrisy in action. I can leak against others, but don't leak against me grin. Listened to his interview with the BBC and it was quite entertaining.
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by ElRazur: 9:17am On Dec 22, 2010
It is shocking isnt? He is now moaning via his lawyers when he is treated the same way he treated others. Smh. I have zero sympathy for him.
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by vedaxcool(m): 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You deny mind them?

And you are exactly doing the same thing you accuse the nincompoops of doing, doesn't it add you amongst them.

Assange plea is reasonable given that some people in the US are already calling him a terrorist, making his head available for the Central Lack of intelligence agency. Besides Assange is not what you will call a govt, his leaks where all about the govt of diff. countries. But all said Assange deserves my support for exposing atrocities and treachery that goes all over the world. It is funny the rape allegation against him, due to non use of condom, the Swedish govt needs to find a better name for such "crime" instead of trivializing rape. Assange next know the right place to stick them!

ElRazur:

It is shocking isnt? He is now moaning via his lawyers when he is treated the same way he treated others. Smh. I have zero sympathy for him.

Actually, the others are more of Govt personel so there is no ground for comparison.
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by JeSoul(f): 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
Karma, they say is a b****. What goes around will surely come around and whatsoever you sow, rest assured, you will reap bountifully.
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by ElRazur: 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2010
vedaxcool:

Actually, the others are more of Govt personel so there is no ground for comparison.

What is this guy talking about?

So it is okay to leak information about Govt personel [sic] but not about the guy who is hell bent on revealing information about others? Do you ever think about what you post at times, and try to engage logic a little bit?

These government officials are humans and the leaks made jeopardises their well being, even though they may be working for America.
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2010
vedaxcool:

And you are exactly doing the same thing you accuse the nincompoops of doing, doesn't it add you amongst them.

Which is? Revealing that they stalk me for not agreeing with them? Are you kidding me? Is English a problem or something?

vedaxcool:

Assange plea is reasonable given that some people in the US are already calling him a terrorist, making his head available for the Central Lack of intelligence agency. Besides Assange is not what you will call a govt, his leaks where all about the govt of diff. countries. But all said Assange deserves my support for exposing atrocities and treachery that goes all over the world. It is funny the despoil allegation against him, due to non use of condom, the Swedish govt needs to find a better name for such "crime" instead of trivializing despoil. Assange next know the right place to stick them!

So, that he is called a terrorist by some is reason why the same rules he applies to the US Government which happens to consist of the AMERICAN PEOPLE here need not be applied to him? How did you work that out in your head when you typed it up? He Leaks all about the government of different Governments? How many other governments has he leaked information on? I mean leaked stolen info on?

I understand you want to support the man but do not loose your ability to decipher common sense from crap as a result.
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by ElRazur: 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2010
Meli clismas kobo o.

Good luck getting some ounce of common sense or logic out of him. It is simple, you see anything that get a one up on the west, usa etc is good in his books regardless of how wrong it is.
Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by ElRazur: 2:47pm On Dec 27, 2010
So Asange now signs a book deal? Yeah, we all know it was never about personal gain from the beginning.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/12/27/wikileaks.julian.assange.book.deal.ft/index.html?eref=edition

- Julian Assange has signed book deals worth more than £1m in the US and UK, to allow the WikiLeaks founder to cover his legal fees and maintain the whistleblowing site.

Re: Wiki Boss: Don't Leak My Address(but Judge Refuses Whistleblower's Privacy Bid) by vedaxcool(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2010
@kobojunkie and Elrazor, from all obvious indications,

Kobojunkie:

Which is? Revealing that they stalk me for not agreeing with them? Are you kidding me? Is English a problem or something?

Quote from: Kobojunkie on December 16, 2010, 09:26 PM
You deny mind them?

If english is your problem, go back to school as you are the one hyperventilating about how people hurl insults simply because you do not see the world the same way u do, calling them nicompoops, but keep vibrating and asserting your hypocrisy, all because I indicated how you being the ingenoues thief who call other people theif to save her neck from the Mob.

So, that he is called a terrorist by some is reason why the same rules he applies to the US Government which happens to consist of the AMERICAN PEOPLE here need not be applied to him? How did you work that out in your head when you typed it up? He Leaks all about the government of different Governments? How many other governments has he leaked information on? I mean leaked stolen info on?
[/quote]

Hardly made sense out of the gibberish you wrote. maybe u need to be reinformed, as people go and upload information about their governement on wikipeida not the other, were did he stole information? How? as the wikileaks simply claims that the documents were uploaded unto their sight. very funny you can go so low to make allegations based on lies.

I understand you want to support the man but do not loose your ability to decipher common sense from crap as a result.

And the crap happens to be you, I see.

[quote author=ElRazur link=topic=569631.msg7401589#msg7401589 date=1293193321]

What is this guy talking about?

So it is okay to leak information about Govt personel [sic] but not about the guy who is hell bent on revealing information about others? Do you ever think about what you post at times, and try to engage logic a little bit?

These government officials are humans and the leaks made jeopardises their well being, even though they may be working for America.

And you were saying? , did he reveal their adress? I do not need to waste my time with daftoms like yourself, as your atheist budy once said

bk.babe97y (m)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9d0N9rlkc&feature=related

. Dropping pseudo-intelligent sounding words and making valid arguments are two very seperate things------ do urself a world of good and try to make the distinctions

(1) (Reply)

No Be Today Koreans Sabi Cry! 'efidence' From 1994! / 'most Lethal Sniper In US History': Chris Kyle Shot Dead On Texas Gun Range / 9 Questions You Were Too Embarrased To Ask About The Syrian War, Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.