Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus (566 Views)

It Is Corruption For Petrol To Sell Above 300 Naira Per Liter In Petrol Station / Atiku Abubakar's Son Test Positive For Coronavirus / I Have Been Fighting Corruption For 35years Since I Was A Kid, Olawepo Hashim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by Born2Breed(f): 6:40am On Feb 20, 2020
Nigerian official says corruption is to blame for the outbreak of coronavirus.

The head of Nigeria's anti-corruption body stunned his audience at a public event, which included President Muhammadu Buhari, when he blamed corruption for the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus.

Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Ibrahim Magu made the remarks while trying to link corruption to the problems Nigeria faces.

He told a passing-out parade of the commission's officers on Tuesday that:

Quote Message: I strongly believe, your excellency, that even coronavirus is caused by corruption. Fighting corruption is like a crusade against the evils in our society."
I strongly believe, your excellency, that even coronavirus is caused by corruption. Fighting corruption is like a crusade against the evils in our society."

The event was streamed online by the state-owned Nigerian Television Authority. Mr Magu's remarks are at the 50th minute of the YouTube video.

The EFCC quickly dismissed media reports on Mr Magu's comments as "false and misleading":

Read more ➡ https:///EVd5q5yG1A

#BBCAfricaLive https:///dhzgZzdYMh

Cc: Mynd44, OAM4J,Lalasticlala,Seun
Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 20, 2020
When you have a group of illiterates ruling a country with a large number of intellectuals, such a statement as this is inevitable. It's spread all over the world already and people have been reacting to it in millions.

When I say these people don't deserve to near the government seat, their likes would take swipe at me. This is another proof. I wish china was Nigeria, none of those who are in government today would have been alive. Magu himself knows why he hasn't been confirmed yet which dates back to his days as police officer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:48am On Feb 20, 2020
This is exactly why the UK supports one Nigeria
They know as long as we are a nation, we would always be a mockery to the black world.
Tethered with the North, we would always wish the British come back to rule us
They had a field day with Mr Idris Transmission

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by duncun: 6:50am On Feb 20, 2020

3 Likes

Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by Rootprof(m): 6:58am On Feb 20, 2020
When I watched the clips on our proposed 50 billion NTA i was like are this people normal at all. Sincerely most of our leaders just keep disgracing us in the eyes of international nation's.

2 Likes

Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by Rekyz(m): 7:02am On Feb 20, 2020
When will we stop acting stupid in this part of the world?
Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by Born2Breed(f): 7:03am On Feb 20, 2020
grin

Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by sapientia(m): 7:03am On Feb 20, 2020
Its even Buhari's appointees that disgrace us in the international scene.
Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by aolawale025: 7:05am On Feb 20, 2020
Just imagine this international disgrace
Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by ZombieHUNT: 7:08am On Feb 20, 2020
The country is a laughing stock among comity of nations..

A complete joke...

Shame on all those supporting this evil administration
Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by JokerBeninCity: 7:09am On Feb 20, 2020
Buhari's ministers are all jokers
Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by Bethel4Life(f): 7:12am On Feb 20, 2020
Chai pls am not a Nigerian again oo
Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by Namdeenero(m): 7:12am On Feb 20, 2020
I wonder how they tried to dismiss the report. Something that’s already all over the internet
Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by lilprinze: 7:16am On Feb 20, 2020
Magu is a disgrace
Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by Born2Breed(f): 7:33am On Feb 20, 2020
The EFCC twitter handler was worst with his/her rebuttal.

They deleted it though but not before it was screen grabbed.

Re: BBCAfrica: Nigerian Official Blames Corruption For Coronavirus by Charleys: 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2020
Finally Nigeria done enter one chance

(1) (Reply)

Former Emir Sanusi:why Should Southerners Be Concerned About Events In The North / APC Crisis: Oshiomhole Runs To Abba Kyari For Safety / Breaking - NCDC Announces 86 New Cases Of COVID-19, Total Now 627

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.