Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Current Or Outdated, Where Are You? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Current Or Outdated, Where Are You? (204 Views)

Outdated curricula as a challenge to accessing quality education in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Current Or Outdated, Where Are You? by starryadmin: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
When I spoke with Ese in 2017 on the need for his own personal development, he gave a pompous reply
“I am now a manager in my company and I’m well paid, with a car and a house. For now I don’t need to learn any other skill for personal development.”

That response was awkward but I kept quiet

In 2018, new staffs were employed in the company so he called me one day and said,

“Rita, there is this young guy we just employed, that guy is very good with IT work ooo, anyway I am still the manager and he is under me.”

Not too long afterwards, the MD of the company noticed the great improvement in the organization, so he made an inquiry and was told about the input of that young guy who is good with IT work, which had a positive impact on the company’s income.

The MD invited the young man without the manager’s knowledge, his salary was reviewed and was given added responsibility to oversee other departments.

The Manager got to know about this and confronted the MD that the young man promotion was too early.

By the next month, the MD made the young guy the Branch head- he was placed over ‘Manager’ Ese.

If you were Ese what will you do?

Every company likes assets and they spot them when they arrive. Be sure to retain your position in your organisation by a continuous personal development.

If you are out dated or irrelevant, time will tell and it is either you are replaced or sacked.

Remember, Type writer have been replace with computer because, Type writer is out-dated, but computer is current because over the years, it has moved from stage to stage (From 1st generation to 5th generation).

Current or Out-dated, where do you belong?

If you want to be current with the current accounting package…… and get certification….on these packages:

Call Starry Gold Academy on 07086810335, 08023428420, 08085378906 OR 08123189141
Or chat with admin on Telegram, click here to chat https:///starrygoldacademy to get all or any of these practical video tutorials on;

• SAGE 50
• BASIC EXCEL
• ADVANCE EXCEL
• QUICKBOOKS
• FINANCIAL MODELING
• TALLY ERP
• MICROSOFT ACCESS
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PMP)
• AUDIT COMMAND LANGUAGE
• SAGE PASTEL EVOLUTION

You will get the following Software for FREE
• SAGE 50 software (for multiple systems)
• QuickBooks Software
• SAGE Pastel Evolution Software
• Tally Software
• Microsoft Office packages (Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• CorelDraw Software
• Photoshop Software

(1) (Reply)

Nti Pgde Certificate / Science Teacher (phy, Chem, Bio And Computer) Needed / How To Pass Your Jamb 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.