Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) (47788 Views)

Huge 1,500-Year-Old Wine Factory Found In Israel (Photos) / The Science Behind How Dogs Find Their Way Home When Lost / How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by capnies: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2020
After killing them where are their bones? Let me school you goat and sheep are different they don't have a meeting point, pure parallel lines because a sheep cannot impregnate a goat and vice versa they are of different kind so is all the tthings that God created. Goat is a goat and can never become sheep till the end of time
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Dollabiz: 1:28pm On Feb 21, 2020
smiley
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by CaseSensitive(m): 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
dhardline:
Men will try everything possible to prove evolution right even though it has never been observed since man existed...

Evolution occurred at different era on earth, dating back to more than 500 million years in the Ordovician period to the Cetacious period which was about 60 million years ago. During those period, volcanic eruption, climate change and asteroids from other planets wiped out most of earth inhabitants at different times. We as humans are a by product of previous evolution event, otherwise, we wouldn’t be here and maybe T-Rex and other subspecies of dinosaurs would still be roaming the face of the earth. I’m sure another mass extinction will occur, though might be in the next 10 or 20 or 100 million years to come. Most of the earth population will be wiped out again, there will be new climate, some species and sub species will evolve and that's why we have a very diverse ecosystem today. That's the way it has been, that is the way it will forever be.
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by dipopooo(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Yes, to the glory of God I am.

Working with a private company or a government agency? I'm curious to know because I studied agricultural engineering as well but working in another field and i wish to work in a relevant field.
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by capnies: 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
2metrelaurie:

U sound like a very dumb individual

Who told u humans havent evolved to be immune to certain diseases?

Read up what happend to Native south Americans when they met Europeans

Read about the Andaman islands people

It is a faceless fforum so you can insult ppeople your not qualified tto be their sstudent. Read what iis written bby others, can't yyou write one? Are you not living oon earth that yyou quote oothers who publish what tthey think, when will you start thinking ffor yourself aand stop being aa follower when wwill you lead and stop being controlled bby the thought oof others
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Shennels: 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2020

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by capnies: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2020
[quote author=BedLam post=86835898] Haha. You’re bringing up creationist arguments. Why don’t you cite reputable scientific journals?
From the first link, he argues that mutation is not evolution.
Without thinking too far, a knowledgeable person would know that mutation that stays on course is what’s know as evolution.
And if you’re daft, I will call you out!

The fact that you think “they are trying to make us believe these things” is nauseating and someone like you is no way different than buratai who said “our borders can only be secured by god”. Do you now see why I get really pushed when people like you come online to denounce facts? Because such thinking only adds to our retrogression which catalyzed Buhari’s ascension! [/quote
Mutation lleads to deformed species wwho die of within a very short ttime
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Shennels: 2:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by BedLam: 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2020
dhardline:

One will actually think you are sound not knowing that you are totally oblivious of even your surroundings. You say Mutation that stays on course is evolution. And evolution involves development right(to be better). Will it surprise you to know that bacteria that on their own become antibiotic resistant actually become weaker? I know you didn't know that but I'll allow you insult as much as you want. Cause it's a known fact that each gives what they have. You are talking about journals, how many have you read and researched on to make a stand or is it because some people say it, then it's true? Once upon a time even nicotine was advertised as a happy drug with no side effects. What you don't know is far greater than why you think you know.
And what's my businesses with you and Buhari? If you voted him then enjoy it.

Enjoy your day young man.
You should go check the meaning of mutation. And no, the kind of mutation that happens within the cell or DNA is what makes all of evolve. For instance the PAX6 gene that's responsible for the camera eyes that we have. Or say the genes responsible for the placenta. To mutate is to change and not the science fiction concept from XMEN.
And science is not "some people". You should stop using mobile phones!

1 Like

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
dipopooo:

Working with a private company or a government agency? I'm curious to know because I studied agricultural engineering as well but working in another field and i wish to work in a relevant field.
I work as an engineer with the ministry of agriculture. Though I also offer services with a private construction company.
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by bbankky: 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
Interesting cool
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by pators(m): 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
2metrelaurie:

There are intermediate species btw
Several animals Tiger and Lion for example

Horses , zebras and donkeys

Only reason there arent any species alive today that is a intermediate btw Apes and humans

Is down to humans

They simply killed them off

And bred with the ones that were genetically compatible ( Neaderthals and denisovans)
after reading this shit i tried to convince myself you are normal but i couldnt... please kneel for prayer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
BedLam:
Haha. You’re bringing up creationist arguments. Why don’t you cite reputable scientific journals?
From the first link, he argues that mutation is not evolution.
Without thinking too far, a knowledgeable person would know that mutation that stays on course is what’s know as evolution.
And if you’re daft, I will call you out!

The fact that you think “they are trying to make us believe these things” is nauseating and someone like you is no way different than buratai who said “our borders can only be secured by god”. Do you now see why I get really pushed when people like you come online to denounce facts? Because such thinking only adds to our retrogression which catalyzed Buhari’s ascension!

But in reality, and in ideal biological system mutation doesn’t stay on course like some autopilot phenomenon ....
I don’t think u know what mutations means at molecular level??.. that’s an alteration in the Genome, as in the chromatin , in the nucleus gàn gàn....not just an alteration in genetic expression as found in epigenetic change....

In biology, mutation is usually aggressive, forced by something and the outcome doesn’t usually look nice....we haven’t even cracked it yet, all is mere assumption....evidence from dwarfism, to giantism, to albinism, and so many auto-immune disease I can begin to mention .....
Do not confuse mutation with an organism’s ability to adapt to changes in environment...

do not confuse bacteria with a human or other large eukaryotic genome that can split itself into two every half an hour........

Even many scientist know mutation doesn’t occur as a spontaneous, cascading, rippling phenomenon capable of turning lizards to Godzilla......it doesn’t work that way ....nature has designed us to reach an ultimate climax: and that climax is death..a beautiful phenomenon that connects all things...
. even if mutation can occur and remain oncourse ...death won’t allow it... like I said it’s not just some auto pilot thing to be picked up by another organism that’s still alive...
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by pators(m): 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
2metrelaurie:

There are intermediate species btw
Several animals Tiger and Lion for example

Horses , zebras and donkeys

Only reason there arent any species alive today that is a intermediate btw Apes and humans

Is down to humans

They simply killed them off

And bred with the ones that were genetically compatible ( Neaderthals and denisovans)
You are damn stupid oo... we all know science of today is a million times more advance than before.. since human slept with apes and scientists with there tiny machines genetically turned it to human.... how come they havent done it again now that they have powerful AI machines.... ponder on this and ask yourself WHO DO ME THIS KIN TIN
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by pators(m): 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2020
1StopRudeness:

But in reality, and in ideal biological system mutation doesn’t stay on course like some autopilot phenomenon ....
I don’t think u know what mutations means at molecular level??.. that’s an alteration in the Genome, as in the chromatin , in the nucleus gàn gàn....not just an alteration in genetic expression as found in epigenetic change....

In biology, mutation is usually aggressive, forced by something and the outcome doesn’t usually look nice....we haven’t even cracked it yet, all is mere assumption....evidence from dwarfism, to giantism, to albinism, and so many auto-immune disease I can begin to mention .....
Do not confuse mutation with an organism’s ability to adapt to changes in environment...

do not confuse bacteria with a human or other large eukaryotic genome that can split itself into two every half an hour........

Even many scientist know mutation doesn’t occur as a spontaneous, cascading, rippling phenomenon capable of turning lizards to Godzilla......it doesn’t work that way ....nature has designed us to reach an ultimate climax: and that climax is death..a beautiful phenomenon that connects all things...
. even if mutation can occur and remain oncourse ...death won’t allow it... like I said it’s not just some auto pilot thing to be picked up by another organism that’s still alive...
THIS GUY IS STILL TALKING SOMEONE SHOULD BRING ROPE...... HIV SARS EBOLA CANCER CORONA THEY HAVE NOT FOUND CURE YET
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
pators:
THIS GUY IS STILL TALKING SOMEONE SHOULD BRING ROPE...... HIV SARS EBOLA CANCER CORONA THEY HAVE NOT FOUND CURE YET

Nairaland people are just amusing .
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2020
michlins:
evolution is happening right now. Thing is that it would only be observed after a very long time cause that's when the changes will become obvious. Take for instance,not many men will walk kilometers. It seem like nothing but thousands of years from now, the last man that walked on foot will be celebrated by archaeologists

Exactly, Africans born from 2015 have lighter skin tones.
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2020
NaijaMutant:
28500 years shocked
Like, if you think carbon dating is a scam grin

Share, if you think otherwise undecided
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by pators(m): 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
Freehuman:

Exactly, Africans born from 2015 have lighter skin tones.
Another one again?? friend gave birth to a black skinned boy 2015... are you in the whole africa to know that"?? nawa ooo
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by 2metrelaurie(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2020
pators:
You are damn stupid oo... we all know science of today is a million times more advance than before.. since human slept with apes and scientists with there tiny machines genetically turned it to human.... how come they havent done it again now that they have powerful AI machines.... ponder on this and ask yourself WHO DO ME THIS KIN TIN

Correction humans didnt interbreed with Ape

They bred with Closely related species
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by 2metrelaurie(m): 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2020
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by 2metrelaurie(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
capnies:

It is a faceless fforum so you can insult ppeople your not qualified tto be their sstudent. Read what iis written bby others, can't yyou write one? Are you not living oon earth that yyou quote oothers who publish what tthey think, when will you start thinking ffor yourself aand stop being aa follower when wwill you lead and stop being controlled bby the thought oof others

I have diploma in civil Engineering , Degree in Electrical engineering
Now on MSC
Been studying this kinda stuff based on insterest
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2020
But wolf is more delicious than dog
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by dipopooo(m): 4:23pm On Feb 21, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

I work as an engineer with the ministry of agriculture. Though I also offer services with a private construction company.

Nice one Sir and thanks for replying
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by sowilli: 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
Bawsse:
"Scientists can tell us HOW but can never tell us WHY"

- Jermaine Cole, 2009
this is changing however with data science, You can tell why “ root cause”
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Offpoint: 8:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
AkpaMgbor:
As an agricultural engineer I believe in science BUT evolution is one aspect of science I call Bullshyt..
It's greatest bullshits in this life bro, it doesn't make any sense to sensible human.
It's dumb bro
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Offpoint: 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2020
BedLam:
Don't be daft!
I will give you an example of evolution...

Long before now, chloroquine was used to treat malaria and it worked but that same chloroquine is no more working. What do you think happened?
let me help you; that's evolution right there. Mosquitos evolved and so did the parasites.
This is why most mosquito killers aren't working.
There are numerous examples of everyday evolution around us if you are keen to observe.

If you have counter claims, conduct a research and publish.
Lol, look at how you're making fool out of yourself on a public forum.

Perhaps you should go read about what evolution mean.

Saying Chloroquine stop killing malaria parasites means mosquitos or the parasite has evolute is laughable.
When you mosquitos no longer have 6 legs, nor wings and 6 years... that's what evolution mean.

What you're talking about it's call "Adaptation"

For instance, you're used to hot weather in Nigeria and you recently moved into Moscow, you'll feel intense cold than those lived their whole lives there, but in due time your body starts adjusting and adapting to that weather. That doesn't mean you've evolute.

But going to Moscow and start developing extra legs and you grow a tail and walk with your nose.... that's evolution... which in actual sense it's bullshits.
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by JasmineWebb: 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2020
capnies:
A wolf and a dog which iis stronger? How can a wolf want to change to a dog? Science iis the biggest llie in the universe; am not surprised becos their head is the father of all lies

Wolves and dogs shared same ancestors
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by JasmineWebb: 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
oluwafeolami:
So no be God create wolves abi? Na evolve dem evolve. Ayam nur understanding ooooo.

Who is God?
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by JasmineWebb: 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2020
Re: 28,500-Year-Old 'Protodog' Jawbone Reveals How Dogs Evolved From Wolves (Photos) by Farki: 10:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
dhardline:
Men will try everything possible to prove evolution right even though it has never been observed since man existed...

So your mythical stories told by long dead men are the ones that have been observed? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fisherman Discovers Rare Nine-legged Octopus After He Boiled It For Dinner (pix) / Man Shocked As Water Mysteriously Gushes Out From Suspended Kettle In Ogun (vid) / DearMoon Mission: Meet The First Nigerian Man Going To The Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.