Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,743 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria (21194 Views)

OPM University Scholarship For Nigeria, Ghana, Benin Republic 2023 / OPM To Withdraw Beneficiaries Of Overseas Scholarship In Europe, America, Cyprus / Joke Sanwo-Olu Presents Bank Drafts To Beneficiaries Of 2021 Lagos Exams Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by Thevideoguy: 8:34pm On Feb 20, 2020
The 18th of February 2020 was a very remarkable day in the lives of 16 young men and women as their dream to leave Nigeria to study abroad finally became a reality.
The 16 beneficiaries of an all expense paid university scholarship in turkey and their friends, family and well wishers converged at the residence of Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere in preparation for their departure.

The day started with a party, there was more than enough to eat and drink as everyone present helped themselves to generous servings of varieties of dishes, suya and dessert like fruit salad and ice cream. Apostle Chibuzor advised the young men and women leaving to Turkey by using his experiences in life as an example. He told them to uphold the values of the Christ , never to forget God and always remember where they came from.

It was a show of emotion as parents of the beneficiaries had the opportunity to dance with their children one after the other. The parents who never in their wildest dream imagined that their children would get a university degree abroad wept for joy as they thanked God for remembering their family.

The parents of the 16 young men and women couldn't contain their joy as each and everyone of them spoke about how God had used Apostle Chibuzor to touch their lives positively. According to them, Even before picking their children for the scholarship, Apostle Chibuzor had been a blessing to them financially and spiritually.
Amongst them was a former sex worker who was rehabilitated by the church and a restaurant was opened for her. While she was doing her business, she met a young man who asked her hand in marriage. The day she came to testify in the church and dedicate her wedding card the general overseer of OPM decided to surprise her with a wedding gift. A mini-estate was given to her. And now her daughter she gave birth to when she was still in the world was also a beneficiary of the overseas scholarship. Another mother to a beneficiary also talked about how Apostle Chibuzor gifted her family a hummer jeep which they sold and used the money to start up business. In fact , they all had something beautiful to say about Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere who is a father with a heart of Gold.

Speaking to the press, Apostle Chibuzor said that the boys and girls that were selected for the scholarship were from indigent homes as a team was set up to ensure that only underprivileged families benefited from the scholarship scheme.

According to Apostle Chibuzor, the church had been in the business of granting foreign scholarships to indigent boys and girls as the 16 persons going to turkey where not the first. He said that he had in the past granted educational scholarships to persons from indigent homes to countries like Dubai,Cyprus, Canada. Etc.

When asked about the four persons that where denied visa's, Apostle Chibuzor told people present that the four persons who where denied Visa's had reapplied.
The school fees and monies required to give the 20 young men and women sound education in Turkey without financial difficulties had already been paid. The Turkish university had intervened and hopefully the four would join the 16 others soonest.

At the Airport, parents were seen clinging to their children and giving them their blessings. As the beneficiaries of the Educational scholarship scheme proceeded to board the plane that would take them to lagos where they would board a plane to turkey, tears of joy was seen on everyone's faces.

For the young men and women, a new dawn had begun. They had gone from persons with no tertiary education due to financial difficulties to persons who would in the nearest future bag a degree from a foreign university.

We wish the beneficiaries of the scholarship the best that life has to offer.

All this is funded with offerings and tithes.
https://leadership.ng/2020/02/20/beneficiaries-of-opm-university-scholarship-set-to-leave-nigeria/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by OdefaGirl(f): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
This is actually awesome......our clerics can you read this type of news? It's important that you contribute back to the society especially those who labour in the vineyard of God. God bless you Sir and keep it up.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by Blizzy9ja: 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2020
This is the best clergyman in Nigeria and deserve our accolades, the rest can go and take their own from the offering box

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by berryace007: 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2020
If I go I'm definitely not coming back. grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by TechCapon(m): 6:12am On Feb 21, 2020
I must say this publicly. I have never paid tithe in my life but if I am to ever pay tithe in this life, I will pay it to OPM. The man is really touching people's lives and he exists to help people

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by Slawormir: 6:12am On Feb 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Good for them

5 Likes

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by money121(m): 6:12am On Feb 21, 2020
Wish them besr of luck..
Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by Riele(f): 6:13am On Feb 21, 2020
Good bye Nigeria .

I won't be missing you

4 Likes

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by itsme01: 6:13am On Feb 21, 2020
Owo Abu
Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by XklusivGistBlog(m): 6:13am On Feb 21, 2020
Wish my church can do this always,we already have the finance.

2 Likes

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by yinkus6750(m): 6:14am On Feb 21, 2020
If most churches with tertiary institutions can be giving scholarship to a minimum of 50 people yearly, nobody will complain again..
At least children of members that are brilliant and can't afford the fees, can win scholarship..
The church needs to go into giving back to the society / members, everything shouldn't be purely for business.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by Irises(m): 6:14am On Feb 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Good for them

Every time damnn niggarr.. Nigarr this, niggarr DAT. Is this how you talk at home ?? Smh. You are beginning to worry like the dead meat griller

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by exco90(m): 6:14am On Feb 21, 2020
good act
Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by israelmao(m): 6:15am On Feb 21, 2020
Blizzy9ja:
This is the best clergyman in Nigeria and deserve our accolades, the rest can go and take their own from the offering box

He is among the best clergymen in Nigeria,there are others too who also do the same but avoid publicity.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by OakConsultNG: 6:18am On Feb 21, 2020
This is the essence of religion..

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by anonimi: 6:19am On Feb 21, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by anonimi: 6:22am On Feb 21, 2020
yinkus6750:
If most churches with tertiary institutions can be giving scholarship to a minimum of 50 people yearly, nobody will complain again..
At least children of members that are brilliant and can't afford the fees, can win scholarship..
The church needs to go into giving back to the society / members, everything shouldn't be purely for business.

Mosques and churches.
In primary schools, secondary schools, vocational schools and technical colleges too.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6249257_pastor_jpeg2e4e8592b29c783dcc87f79282640639

5 Likes

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by stonegarden: 6:22am On Feb 21, 2020
The same Turkey that are arming Boko Haram?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by Teejay13(m): 6:24am On Feb 21, 2020
What a great way of giving back to the society. God bless this Man of God.

2 Likes

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by Midas01: 6:28am On Feb 21, 2020
I am proud to say this is the church I attend. When I put money in the offering box I know it will be used for improving lives of people.

Doctor Jesus is really in action.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by InfoSources: 6:29am On Feb 21, 2020
sad
Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by purplerope: 6:35am On Feb 21, 2020
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by emkz: 6:36am On Feb 21, 2020
berryace007:
If I go I'm definitely not coming back. grin

This is why you may never get these kind of opportunities. You may be intelligent and qualified, but when you have this type of mindset, others that are less intelligent are usually favoured. Celebrate those that have been favoured and be assured that your own favour shall come.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by wristwatchiced: 6:36am On Feb 21, 2020
Nice one
Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by Dottore: 6:38am On Feb 21, 2020
this is highly commendable.
Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by CSTR2: 6:39am On Feb 21, 2020
They are celebrating ordinary turkey.

Nigeria na wa.
Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:41am On Feb 21, 2020
From all of us @[color=#006600][/color] : CONGRATULATIONS to them all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by Glistinin(m): 6:49am On Feb 21, 2020
CSTR2:
They are celebrating ordinary turkey.

Nigeria na wa.
oga shut up! Which one you go? You help them go America them tell you them no dey go?

16 Likes

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 21, 2020
TechCapon:
I must say this publicly. I have never paid tithe in my life but if I am to ever pay tithe in this life, I will pay it to OPM. The man is really touching people's lives and he exists to help people

I don't comment on Church threads but you see this OPM man his efforts to humanity is unrivalled. His kind gestures and all-round help towards alleviating suffering on people makes him stand out among others. He deserved all tithes and first fruits earned.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beneficiaries Of OPM's University Scholarship To Turkey Set To Leave Nigeria by wonuks(m): 6:54am On Feb 21, 2020
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girls Did You Wear This Sandal To School? / The Euphoria of CGPA and the Illusion of Success / Children's Day In Nigeria: What Does It Mean To The Children ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.