Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Why The North Won't Suffer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The North Won't Suffer (3270 Views)

North Won't Gamble Atiku For Tinubu: Abubakar Hamma / This Is Why Breaking Up Nigeria Is A Nightmare The North Won't Accept / PDP Won't Suffer If You Leave, Bode George Tells Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The North Won't Suffer by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 20, 2020
I have heard alot of people especially the ipob saying when Nigeria disintegrate the north will suffer, but that's a pure lie because even during the first republic the north wasn't suffering inshort it was even the southeast the were suffering from the structure of the first republic, the average northerners don't benefit shit from Nigeria except the elites, with or without Nigeria life is still the same to the common northerners why?
Nigeria is currently the world poverty capital with most credit going to the north, so how has Nigeria helped the suffering northerners. If Nigeria spilts like every other region the north will progress because they will certainly control their population because they will no longer be competing for domince of power as some say they do, just like other regions they will only select competent leaders without thinking if his my tribe or religion, their leaders will have no choice but to improve the human resources of the region in order to catchup with other competing regions of former Nigeria, and of all if Nigeria splits they will certainly go back to agriculture which was what they were relying on in the first republic before the discovery of oil all they have to do is reach some agreement with the south west or south south to enable them use their ports.

3 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Sokosuji: 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2020
I hope they don't...

I like for them to prosper beyond imagination,...

In their own separate nation where there would no longer be morbid and manic fears of yamirins kiss

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by lilvicky68(m): 11:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
Them go try suffer small Sha..

4 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2020
Buhari certainly does not think so.
Figure out why he's been searching frantically for oil in the north with our meagre resources?

8 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 20, 2020
Agboriotejoye:
Buhari certainly does not think so.
Figure out why he's been searching frantically for oil in the north with our meagre resources?
As for me although i don't know the truth some elites prefer oil because it more easy to loot than the income from agriculture the masses worked hard for

4 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sokosuji:
I hope they don't...

I like for them to prosper beyond imagination,...

In their own separate nation kiss
But the truth is Nigeria won't split

1 Like

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by ChoCho54(f): 11:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
Who else have noticed that since majority Yorubas here withdrew their support for the lifeless Sudanese, the learned almajiris have started speaking up for themselves, alas, they are cowardly barking up the wrong tree. grin cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by HallaDaTruth: 12:00am On Feb 21, 2020
Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by ican2020: 12:21am On Feb 21, 2020
Stop deceiving yourself, the north does not have the real skills to survive in this info age

17 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Dedetwo(m): 1:47am On Feb 21, 2020
spendoon:
I have heard alot of people especially the ipob saying when Nigeria disintegrate the north will suffer, b ut that's a pure lie because even during the first republic the north wasn't suffering inshort it was even the southeast the were suffering from the structure of the first republic, the average northerners don't benefit shit from Nigeria except the elites, with or without Nigeria life is still the same to the common northerners why?
Nigeria is currently the world poverty capital with most credit going to the north, so how has Nigeria helped the suffering northerners. If Nigeria spilts like every other region the north will progress because they will certainly control their population because they will no longer be competing for domince of power as some say they do, just like other regions they will only select competent leaders without thinking if his my tribe or religion, their leaders will have no choice but to improve the human resources of the region in order to catchup with other competing regions of former Nigeria, and of all if Nigeria splits they will certainly go back to agriculture which was what they were relying on in the first republic before the discovery of oil all they have to do is reach some agreement with the south west or south south to enable them use their ports.

Above is pure product of figment of imagination. It is an imagination borne out of ignorance. I honestly believe that IPOB does not waste time on useless thoughts about the suffering of the north.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:30am On Feb 21, 2020
spendoon:

As for me although i don't know the truth some elites prefer oil because it more easy to loot than the income from agriculture the masses worked hard for
That's not exactly the reason why oil is more preferable. Forget all the BS around agriculture, oil is actually a higher revenue earner than agriculture. The amount of work you need to put in to get your agric products accepted by western nations, nothing of such for crude oil.

Besides what you wrote about the first republic is not entirely true. While the north did not have this massive population they have now, they were still poor. But most times, we sugarcoat things as if the sixties were el-dorado. It wasn't. The north was also poor then.

3 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:48am On Feb 21, 2020
You are already suffering dude

4 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 21, 2020
ican2020:
Stop deceiving yourself, the north does not have the real skills to survive in this info age
There are a few bro and like i said the leader's will start putting effort on their education infact not few but alot of them with the power to keep the country trough the ict age forget all those almajiris you see on tv
Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by helinues: 6:19am On Feb 21, 2020
Eldorado bah?
Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Nobody: 6:35am On Feb 21, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

That's not exactly the reason why oil is more preferable. Forget all the BS around agriculture, oil is actually a higher revenue earner than agriculture. The amount of work you need to put in to get your agric products accepted by western nations, nothing of such for crude oil.

Besides what you wrote about the first republic is not entirely true. While the north did not have this massive population they have now, they were still poor. But most times, we sugarcoat things as if the sixties were el-dorado. It wasn't. The north was also poor then.
Thats exactly the reason why Nigeria dumbed agriculture in the 60s but the age and era is gone and for a country that will have no other alternative than agric they will definitely work towards it.
The only problem the north has is its going to be landlocked but i believe with agreements the southwest will have no choice but to allow the north use their ports with alot of freedom, my reason is because if Nigeria splits Lagos will die Lagos is only what it is today because of Nigeria, how many countries in west uses Lagos port today most of the landlocked west african countries use the ports in Benin and co and i am very sure the east and south will use the one in port harcourt

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Tallesty1(m): 6:42am On Feb 21, 2020
They're currently suffering

3 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 21, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
You are already suffering dude
Thats what am trying to say Nigeria doesn't benefit the average northerner in anyway except the elites, but if they are in a country of their own they will be more progressive than what they currently are in Nigeria
Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by orisa37: 6:54am On Feb 21, 2020
All the Resources of the South have been siphoned to the North (FCT inclusive).
The proposed Nuclear Plant in the South is the only compensation that BUHARI is giving to the South. And that NP will destroy the entire South if they are careless in handling it well.

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 21, 2020
Besides what you wrote about the first republic is not entirely true. While the north did not have this massive population they have now, they were still poor. But most times, we sugarcoat things as if the sixties were el-dorado. It wasn't. The north was also poor then.[/quote]
True Nigerians always talk about the 60s been a progressive than what it is now but the truth is Nigeria has progressed from the 60s till now.
I always wonder how many flyovers,expressways do the have in the 60s our cities then were towns and villages but i said the north was also poor during the 60s it wasent just the north about 90% of Nigeria's population then were illiterates

1 Like

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:01am On Feb 21, 2020
spendoon:

Thats what am trying to say Nigeria doesn't benefit the average northerner in anyway except the elites, but if they are in a country of their own they will be more progressive than what they currently are in Nigeria

Seriously bro, it's too late for the North
You guys are at a point of no return.
Most of you think you can just switch off 4 terrorist groups that have experienced the orgy of bloodshed?
You don't understand what you have birthed.
One by one your state's would be extinguished, deserted and be populated by wild animals and fierce "bandits".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by orisa37: 7:03am On Feb 21, 2020
orisa37:
The proposed Nuclear Plant in the South is the only compensation that BUHARI is giving to the South. And that NP will destroy the entire South if they are careless in handling it well.

Even the Border Closure is implemented to punish the South West and cripple their Bourgeoisie. That RIF, that is, RUGA ISLAMISATION AND FULANISATION Might Progress unimpeded.

1 Like

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 21, 2020
orisa37:
What has the normal aboki in the street benefit from the money you claimed to have been stolen from the south
Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by orisa37: 7:06am On Feb 21, 2020
orisa37:

Even the Border Closure is implemented to punish the South West and cripple their Bourgeoisie. That RIF, that is, RUGA ISLAMISATION AND FULANISATION Might Progress unimpeded.

ONLY BAT IS PROGRESSING IN THE SW.
Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 21, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Seriously bro, it's too late for the North
You guys are at a point of no return.
Most of you think you can just switch off 4 terrorist groups that have experienced the orgy of bloodshed?
You don't understand what you have birthed.
One by one your state's would be extinguished, deserted and be populated by wild animals and fierce "bandits".

I am very sure the Nigeria splits all those nonsense is going to end do you think the aboki will tolerate any fulani bullshit, boko haram will also end because i believe some are using it to make money
Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Phygo(m): 7:08am On Feb 21, 2020
Make una leave IPOB alone nah.happy

2 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:24am On Feb 21, 2020
Let me break it down for you,
The fulani emirs and elites lost Boko Haram when it signed up for and got hijacked by ISIS(Turkey,Saudi,Sudan,Chad,Niger etc) Herdsmen and Bandits of fulani extraction that could be 'controlled' had to be quickly assembled.
There is no way an Hausa man can usurp the powers of the Fulani's, they are the heads of 90% of all districts, I have an Hausa friend and we discuss this a lot.
If Nigeria splits, a civil war would break out in the North as the Fulanis tries to reassert their supremacy in the whole North AGAIN,

You remember how Kwankwaso the hausa celeb was routed by Ganduje the fulani? What was the first thing he did after winning his 2nd term? He started the fake fight with Sanusi and cemented Fulani supremacy in Kano by creating more Emirates, you have to pay attention to their little games.

Beware of Sanusi/Ribadu and co
They are the most dangerous of the vipers

spendoon:

I am very sure the Nigeria splits all those nonsense is going to end do you think the aboki will tolerate any fulani bullshit, boko haram will also end because i believe some are using it to make money

1 Like

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Sokosuji: 7:25am On Feb 21, 2020
spendoon:

But the truth is Nigeria won't split
so why the thread.. You just want to bash ipob to console yourself ba

5 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by sebali: 7:51am On Feb 21, 2020
The North would suffer, as all the abokis crowding our streets down south for mania Jobs would be forced back to the North, thus doubling the poverty rate, which in turn would triple the crime rate that is already very high.
Also the Islamic fanatics would clamp down on the Christian, increasing the instability of the region.
Finally without free oil money, and poor social life in most northern state and almost Zero human capacity up north, most Elites would become commoners and the remaining Elites would have to run for their lives.

3 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by XANDERBOY85: 7:53am On Feb 21, 2020
The north -core north, because i don’t foresee a situation where the middle-belt will wanna tag along with them- will initially find it more difficult than the south because they’re the least prepared for separation, and they have a large/unwieldy population! Also, they have the most social dislocation of all the regions!

However, they have some proud elite among them and wouldn’t want to be seen as failures in comparison to the south! I would imagine that in about 10 years after separation, they will begin to find their feet!
Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Ojiofor: 8:00am On Feb 21, 2020
[quotee author=spendoon post=86824395]I have heard alot of people especially the ipob saying when Nigeria disintegrate the north will suffer, but that's a pure lie because even during the first republic the north wasn't suffering inshort it was even the southeast the were suffering from the structure of the first republic, the average northerners don't benefit shit from Nigeria except the elites, with or without Nigeria life is still the same to the common northerners why?
Nigeria is currently the world poverty capital with most credit going to the north, so how has Nigeria helped the suffering northerners. If Nigeria spilts like every other region the north will progress because they will certainly control their population because they will no longer be competing for domince of power as some say they do, just like other regions they will only select competent leaders without thinking if his my tribe or religion, their leaders will have no choice but to improve the human resources of the region in order to catchup with other competing regions of former Nigeria, and of all if Nigeria splits they will certainly go back to agriculture which was what they were relying on in the first republic before the discovery of oil all they have to do is reach some agreement with the south west or south south to enable them use their ports.[/quote]

It means without Nigeria and her petrol dollars which the North unfortunately controls, the poverty level in the North will become a global issue.
Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:09am On Feb 21, 2020
lilvicky68:
Them go try suffer small Sha..
Don't mind OP!

No be only small, big time!!!

spendoon:
just like other regions they will only select competent leaders without thinking if his my tribe or religion, their leaders will have no choice but to improve the human resources of the region in order to catchup with other competing regions of former Nigeria, and of all if Nigeria splits they will certainly go back to agriculture which was what they were relying on in the first republic before the discovery of oil all they have to do is reach some agreement with the south west or south south to enable them use their ports.
If they are dependent on agriculture, why is Buhari not minister of Agriculture but oyei

Why can't they leave politics and face agriculture then

Afterall, They have the population undecided why close the borders in the South and open the ones in the North

How many northerners buy what they grow in quantities, the way they do here in the South

If the northerners buy what they grow, why are they leaving the North in troops to come sell in the South

They have been in power longer than any region put together, why didn't they improve the human resources

This goes to show that they are not good managers and if they cannot successfully implement all you have listed in Nigeria, mark my words, they cannot do it in the North!!!

North will be a disaster! Why Because, the elites in power are devilish and wicked who thinks of no one else but their families!!!

If they show an interest in an ordinary northerner, is to exploit them beyond redemption!!!

This one is currently facing charges now because of oil money! As far back as many years back, Abacha too was indicted! And OP is here telling us, something they don't practice. Mtcheeeeeew

spendoon:

They are coming to sell in the south because the south needs it and Nigeria relies on oil as a source or revenue if it wasent that way they will definitely be exporting it to countries in need which the south will be if Nigeria splits
Exporting goods banned Have you forgotten that year that they ban even beans because it's not fit for consumption

Pity Nigerians consuming these goods undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why The North Won't Suffer by Memberclub(m): 8:39am On Feb 21, 2020
Come to okoko and meet your people on the middle of the road begging for food.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdikanu Takes Over Nigerian Twitter [SCREENSHOTS] / Nigerian Army At The Frontline In final Push To K|ll Boko Haram(Video) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.