Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Robbed At Gun Point - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbed At Gun Point (1303 Views)

LG Workers’ Salaries Snatched At Gun-point In Enugu / Commercial Bus Driver Rapes Passenger At Gun Point In Enugu / Robbed At GTB E-banking Centre In Egbeda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbed At Gun Point by Tayoiberu(f): 11:08am On Jun 02, 2007
:'( hello house,am a regular on this site but i dont post much.i had a bitter experience on way home last night from work,i was robbed at gun point at second Pedro at about 9.30 P m. The most painful aspect of this is that i had all the originals of credentials in my bag.Don't blame me for carrying my original certs around i took it to the office for scanning against applying for the celtel headstarter program.The problem i have now is that i dnt know how to go about getting new copies which i hope is possible.Any one in the house who has an idea of the procedure should please mail me at tayo_jmg@hotmail.com or lateefatiberu@yahoo.com.If anyone should come across certificates that reads the name IBERU LATIFAT EYITAYO should please send it to JMG LIMITED AT PLOT 1393 TIAMIYU SAVAGE STREET .thanks in anticipation and i pray none experience such in Jesus name
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by seniorak47(m): 11:48am On Jun 02, 2007
sorry, to hear your plight. I suggest you go to the area this morning and scout around my only fear is the overnight rains but there is no harm in trying. Also talk to people around but dont do it alone or like you are accusing them who knows?
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by LanreDaMan(m): 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2007
I had the same experience last week Friday around 10.30 pm. My Laptop and my Phones were taken from me by 4 Kids on two bikes.

Report this case immediately to the nearest police station. Only God knows what datardly acts those Bastards can do with your Original Certificate. at least the Police report can cover you incase your cerificate comes up in another robbery scene or things like that.

And the police report will also help you recover some of these documents back.

Good Luck
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by eesaah(m): 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2007
Tayoiberu sorry for what happen, i pray u recover ur credentials back.But pls quickly report ur case to the nearest police station its important.
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by Tayoiberu(f): 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2007
Thank so much for your concern, i went to the area this morning but i found nothing.I reported the incidence at Pedro police station and i have been directed to go and swear an affidavit because i did not reported the same day it happened before the next line of action.I will keep you posted on my progress
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by Aproko(f): 11:07am On Jun 04, 2007
@tayo, sorry about your plight. if you have photocopies you can take them to the high court and ask them to certify them as true copies (i.e certified true copies) you should be able to present that in place of originals till you can get your originals back.

again am so sorry about the robbery, just trust God that things will even get better for you.
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by Ndipe(m): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2007
Report to the Nigerian police?

A route worth delving into is to notify your former institutions on this theft. Perhaps, they could reissue you with new certificates. Thank God that your life was spared.
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by boladez(m): 11:54am On Jun 04, 2007
Tayo,

Sorry about that. I can imagine the trauma and the stress. Keep faith and thank the Almighty your life was not involved.

Just to add to what others have said, please don't just report the case to the police but OBTAIN a police report!!!!! Don't allow them to push you away. Its important just like LanreDaMan mentioned those certs may just show up at the wrong place. Its not likely the school would issues another Certificate. They can only get you a copy and like Aproko mentioned the courts would need to certify them as true copies.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to put a small advert in one of the dailies if you can afford it.

I join you in prayers from the depths of my soul that the certs would be recovered miraculously.
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2007
@ LanreDaMan - What were you doing carrying your laptop in the OPEN ??
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by LanreDaMan(m): 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2007
Man, I went to the Cyber cafe to download Virus Updates, Dumps for my exams as well as new Vista wall papers and

themes all of these really took my time That was why I really stayed out late (With the Lap top)
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by rowlandwhy: 8:29pm On Jun 04, 2007
@poster
Sorry for such a sad experience,
I pray you get your documents back

@topic and all,
We have to be very careful and it is good we have our personal cars especially during late hours.
Taking a drop can help to reduce the rate of robbery attack if one doesnt have a personal car.
Take precautionary measures to avoid re-occurence of this incident.
Eg. Try to leave your location before it gets late.
Dont go along with your originals when it is late
If possible leave your valuables in the office if it is too late
To women, carrying bags in the night attracts robbers, try as much as u can to drop your bag.
Re: Robbed At Gun Point by Adurangba(f): 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2007
Tayuta:

Why why why - will a beautiful woman like you be robbed?

(1) (Reply)

Live Opportunity For All / Ndlea Impounds Cocaine Worth N64m In Lagos / More Than 1,100 Women Are Raped every Day In The Democratic Republicof Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.