Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,143 members, 7,849,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians (534 Views)

$2.1 Arms Scam: Your Utterances Are Unprofessional – Ex-Minister Tells Sagay / Watch Your Utterances — APC Warns Jega / GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians by chyz(m): 12:21am On Dec 17, 2010
[size=18pt]Mind your utterances –SSS warns politicians[/size]

From LAMBERT TYEM, Abuja

Friday, December 17, 2010

The State Security Service yesterday warned politicians to be mindful of utterances that could undermine security and unity of the country.

According to the SSS spokesperson, Marilyn Ogar, some politicians, in their desperate quest to occupy public offices, were in the habit of making utterances that had implication to the security and unity of the country.

The warning came on the hills of recent utterances of one of the presidential aspirants in the 2011 elections, perceived as incitement to violence. According to the SSS, “For some time now, the State Security Service has noted with grave concern the unguarded, reckless and divisive utterances of some prominent politicians.

The Service has also noted that these utterances, apart from being very inflammatory and extremely inciting, are of deep and grave national security concern. “We are again reminded that democracy is about dialogue, negotiation and compromise. However, a situation where some of those aspiring to rule this nation have resorted, through their utterances, to make “the country ungovernable,” or calling for “a violent change,” is very despicable and unacceptable to this Service. This, to this Service, is beyond politics.

“It must be reiterated that security is everybody’s business and cannot, therefore, be consciously breached on the altar of political expediency. Already, the unending trend of daily assaulting the psyche of Nigerians with statements of subversive bent is steadily fueling sectional hatred. The consequences, so far, have been an upsurge in political intolerance, violence, assassinations, abductions and stock piling of arms.

“Accordingly, the State Security Service wishes to seriously warn all politicians to henceforth desist from making unguarded statements, which have the capacity to undermine and subvert the stability of the nation.

“For the avoidance of doubt, democracy is about the rule of law. Accordingly, appropriate sanctions will be brought to bear heavily on any person found violating this warning.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/17/national-17-12-2010-006.htm
Re: Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians by Blazay(m): 12:24am On Dec 17, 2010
Cowards die many times before their deaths.
Arrest them.
What are you waiting for.
You no nor your mate?

Where were you guys duing the "Jos Crises"?

Moo moos!

Yes. . . go and tell " I dey laugh" and co, before them begin cry o! cheesy
Re: Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians by strangerf: 12:25am On Dec 17, 2010
^^^^

Hope you lead the way Blazay!
Re: Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians by Blazay(m): 12:28am On Dec 17, 2010
^^^

I am ready. . . cool

Arevolushon. . . fighting for ya right! Arevolushon!!!

[size=16pt]Here I am Atiku my lord. . . Send me. . . . Send me. . . .send me
We want violent change. . . change. . . change. . . violent change. . . cheesy[/size]
Re: Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians by chyz(m): 12:29am On Dec 17, 2010
strangerf:

^^^^

Hope you lead the way Blazay!

gbam!
Re: Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians by Blazay(m): 12:31am On Dec 17, 2010
^^^^

Fia dey catch all the Igbo traders for the North. cheesy

Always looking for a leader huh?

How far with the House of Assembly march? grin

Were the protesters bribed?
Re: Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians by hakanai(m): 12:41am On Dec 17, 2010
When did you notice,until after the president remarks abi?SSS u will always be the president Lap dog and forget your national role. undecided
Re: Mind Your Utterances –sss Warns Politicians by marcdunu: 12:44am On Dec 17, 2010
emerging dictatorship?

(1) (Reply)

Please What Is The Latest About The Npc M & E Test Of November 6 2010 / Why Halliburton Paid $32.5m / Warri, Kaduna, Port Harcourt Refineries Shut After Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.