Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Kudos To Delta State Acting Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kudos To Delta State Acting Governor (679 Views)

Photos Of Speaker Dogara Visits To Delta State / Photos: Mammoth crowd receives Fmr Taraba state acting Governor / PDP Affirms Garba Umar As Taraba Acting-Governor… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kudos To Delta State Acting Governor by vorosmartm(m): 11:15am On Dec 17, 2010
Delta State Acting Governor has shown deltans what a governor should be like by ordering the payment of all monies owed state contractors from N50m and below-people who have lost hope(people being owed since Ibori's first tenure) are being called to asaba to receive their cheques. After this batch is cleared, hopefully N50m and above will be cleared. What impresses me most is the way he went about it by ensuring no kick back is paid to any vulture- the norm used to be a 50/50 split of whatever was paid to any contractor. So the likes of Professor Darah can only standby and watch as money strolls past them in drooves.

I wonder why it hasn't hit the air waves yet. For those of you that may want a source- I directly know people that are in the process of receiving their cheques.

(1) (Reply)

The Problem Of Corruption And Nigeria Government / Atiku And Coleagues Meet To Restrategise For April Election / Is The World Coming To An End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.