Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

If You Rush In, You Might Rush Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Rush In, You Might Rush Out (268 Views)

Marriage Is A Case Of Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Thread / 10 Things You Should Never Rush In Life, No Matter The Pressure. / First Born Like Us, Na Responsibilities Dey Rush Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Rush In, You Might Rush Out by okrote4real: 12:38am On Feb 23, 2020
While I believe many marriages are working, and couples are living happily; I also believe that if one is getting married because of family pressure or what people would say, then they are just deceiving themselves.

To be able to stay in marriage , you must see your partner as a friend and confidante. He/she must be able to trust whatever you say at any particular point in time.

Why statistics on divorce keep on rising is because most couples are settling down due to pressure from families or friend. They aren't doing it because they really want to settle down with the right person. Or they are hooked and can't get out. So they do whatever they like and indulge in various kinds of physical abuses.

For instance, during your courtship, what were the things you saw in him/her that attracted you most? Looks, beauty, gentility, money, fame, physique or what? Was he a violent human or a monster? Was she the nagging type and very possessive type? Why did you decide to settle down with him/her? If you can't answer this question with a sincere heart, then you aren't serious.

Marriage is to be enjoyed and not endured. So if you rush in because of what people would say about you, you might also find your way among the 400. But most importantly, know yourselves during courtship. Make sure you understand each other's flaws do that it won't be surprising to you when you are already married. And also, don't pretend because that's the biggest mistake you may inflict on yourselves.

http://okrote..com/2020/02/if-you-rush-in-you-might-rush-outlined.html

Re: If You Rush In, You Might Rush Out by Equal2DeTask(m): 3:08am On Feb 23, 2020
angry

Why rush when marriage is never a compulsory stuff?

It baffles me on how this present generation are handling the issues of marriage... Just Yesterday, 4000 divorce cases filed at Abuja alone shocked

Indeed... what is happening?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2 Months Free Electricity. Is It Effective? / I Need Contact Of Haulage Company. From Lagos To Ibadan / Sexual Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.