Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display (484 Views)

Europa League: Fans Hail Stunning Display By Omonia Nicosia Uzoho Vs Man United / The Moment Tyson Fury Knocked Down Wilder In The Final Round (Video) / Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display by temiflex01(m): 7:35am On Feb 23, 2020
Tyson Fury, the new champion, speaks

“A big shout out to Deontay Wilder. He came here tonight and he manned up and he really did show the heart of a champion. I hit him with a clean right that dropped him and he got back up. He is a warrior. He will be back. He will be champion again.

“But I will say, the king has returned to the top of the throne!”

Fury thanks Jesus and various sponsors as he addresses the crowd and then launches into a version of Don McLean’s American Pie - it’s not too shabby a vocal performance for a man who has just won the heavyweight title.

Deontay Wilder speaks

The former champion is gracious in defeat:

“I’m doing good. Things like this happen. The best man won tonight, but my corner threw in the towel and I was ready to go out on my shield. I had a lot of things going on heading into this fight. It is what it is, but I make no excuses tonight. I just wish my corner would have let me go out on my shield. I’m a warrior. He had a great performance and we will be back stronger.

“Even the greatest have lost and came back, that is just part of it. You just take it for what it is. I can make no excuses tonight. I had a lot of complications. But we’ll come back stronger next time around. This is what big-time boxing is all about, the best must fight the best. I appreciate all the fans that came out and supported the show, and I hope that everyone gets home safely.”

Re: Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display by zico530(m): 7:38am On Feb 23, 2020
What a performance from the Gypsy king.
Re: Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display by superlanny(m): 7:40am On Feb 23, 2020
Cool
Re: Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display by superlanny(m): 7:44am On Feb 23, 2020
Every man at one point in his life will experience downfall of failure, being born to this world guarantees, you would mess up or be messed up at some point.
It's how you comeback that matters, Wilder I hope you can now feel , what all the small boys you have been knocking out feel.
Defeat is a bitch, but champions always come back, just ask Anthony oluwafemi olaseni Joshua.
Re: Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display by PlayerMeji: 7:52am On Feb 23, 2020
Breaking LIMITS
Re: Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display by paulolee(m): 7:55am On Feb 23, 2020
dis fury guy is d realest boxer Eva...Wilder n a.j ar young bizness men....fury wud beat a.j hands down..
Re: Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 23, 2020
I wasn't surprised by the outcome of this fight.In their first fight,It was obvious that fury was the better boxer.Wilder on the other hand is just a power puncher who lacks boxing techniques and defensive skills.It relies too much on the fearsome power punch to make up for his lack of those basic skills.He failed to realize that his power punch can only win him fights against amateurs not for a technical boxer like Tyson fury.
From the get-go in the match,Tyson showed that he meant business.He did goof around and was focused all through the game on executing his game plan and it translated to a total onslaught against wilder.
A well deserved winner by fury.Congrats to him.
I will advise Wilder to consider a change of his training team.
Re: Fury Stops Wilder In Seventh Round With Stunning Display by somtookeke(m): 9:35am On Feb 23, 2020
Tyson Fury made his mark once again tonight, obliterating Deontay Wilder in their highly-anticipated rematch, winning via seventh round stoppage when Wilder’s corner threw the towel in a fight that had become increasingly one-sided.

Fury (30-0-1, 21 KO) now has to be considered the clear No. 1 heavyweight in the world, even considering he’s certainly not the undisputed champion, what with Anthony Joshua holding three of the four major sanctioning body titles. But Fury’s win gives him the WBC belt, which is a lot easier for most people to “get” than just the claim of being lineal champion, and he also gets the Ring Magazine belt back.

Read More:

https://speakersden2..com/2020/02/deontay-wilder-vs-tyson-fury-ii-video.html

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Will Defeat Everyone- Enyeama / Ronaldinho Released From Paraguayan Prison After 32 Days In Jail / South African Model In Coronavirus Lockdown With Sanchez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.