Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,005 members, 7,863,633 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:04 PM

Deontay Wilder Rushed To The Hospital Immediately After Tyson Fury Defeat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Deontay Wilder Rushed To The Hospital Immediately After Tyson Fury Defeat (811 Views)

Taiwo Awoniyi Suffers Concussion, Rushed To Hospital / Deontay Wilder Taken To Hospital After Tyson Fury Defeat / Tammy Abraham Rushed To Hospital After Damaging His Stomach Against Valencia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deontay Wilder Rushed To The Hospital Immediately After Tyson Fury Defeat by seunmsg(m): 11:55am On Feb 23, 2020
Deontay Wilder did not attend his post-fight press conference after being taken straight to hospital after his world title defeat to Tyson Fury.

‘The Bronze Bomber’ suffered the first defeat of his professional career as Fury won the WBC heavyweight title after delivering a thrilling performance in Las Vegas.

The now-former champion was left bleeding from his lip and ear as Fury pummelled him for large portions of the fight, with Wilder’s team throwing in the towel in the seventh round.

Wilder was absent from the post-fight presser, heading straight to a local hospital to receive stitches in his ear, according to trainer Jay Deas, who filled in for him in front of the assembled media.

“He had a small cut inside the ear which may have affected his equilibrium so he’s going to get some stitches.

TOP ARTICLES
1/5
Six Nations 2020: Wales vs France
preview, prediction, team news, odds, live stream, TV, h2h

02:00
READ MORE
Eddie Hearn says Fury vs Joshua will happen this year
“That’s the extent of it; it was a gruelling fight against a gruelling fighter. This will give him some time to enjoy his family and rest up.”

Speaking immediately after the fight, Wilder protested his corner’s decision to pull him out.

"The best man won on the night. My coach threw in the towel but I'm ready to go out on my shield,” Wilder said.

"I had a lot of things go on coming into this fight but it is what it is.

"I just wish my corner would have let me go out on my shield, I'm a warrior. But he [Fury] did what he did and there's no excuses."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/boxing/deontay-wilder-hospital-tyson-fury-fight-result-a4369166.html
Re: Deontay Wilder Rushed To The Hospital Immediately After Tyson Fury Defeat by Iamgrey5(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
Wilder is not a real boxer but has that powerful right hand

Fury is probably the best boxer in the world because of his movement and stamina but has weak punches and might struggle against a powerful puncher who is also skillful.

AJ doesn't have the stamina of Fury but possess a powerful punch and the skills Fury has.

An Aj Vs Fury match would be interesting to watch

Side note:

Aj cannot dance around Fury because of Fury's height and reach

Fury cannot hug Aj all day to prevent counter punches because Aj has a wicked upper cut.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Rushed To The Hospital Immediately After Tyson Fury Defeat by Everrest9(m): 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
Poor Wilder with running mouth.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Rushed To The Hospital Immediately After Tyson Fury Defeat by Pedagogueeye: 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
angry
Re: Deontay Wilder Rushed To The Hospital Immediately After Tyson Fury Defeat by seunmsg(m): 2:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
Everrest9:
Bum Wilder with bloody mouth and bleeding ear.

Fixed grin
Re: Deontay Wilder Rushed To The Hospital Immediately After Tyson Fury Defeat by scrolldown88: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
Fury legit bleeped Wilder up.
Fury gave him absolutely no chance to unleash the power in his right hand. From beginning to end it was fury pressing and pressuring him to step back.
The fight was an interesting one. At this rate Fury will easily defeat AJ.

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face.

(1) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Has Rose To Stardom And Has Forgotten That I Exist. / . / Ex Al Hilal And Dolphins Of Port Harcourt Striker Warns Rivers United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.