Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 (30549 Views)

Liverpool Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (2 - 3) On 11th March 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool : FA Cup (2 - 0) On 3rd March 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Expert17: 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:
I am a Man U fan but I think Everton were robbed

U don't understand the rules, .....

Raising of leg to allow a ball pass, Is called dummy..... A unique skill in football.

Touching, blocking, deceiving are worthy of offside call

4 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Dantedasz(m): 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
kennyz247:

can u please explain d deflection made by maguine,and how is dat offside

Read the second offside law of interference. I posted it earlier.
Or goggle it .

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by BlueMann: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
People,it was not Richarlison who was "offside" in the disallowed goal scenario o
It was Sigurdsson who was offside and laying on the ground.

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Davidganna10: 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
I am seriously praying for man city to win there appeal...I don't want to see man u qualify for champions league next season

2 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Dantedasz(m): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
femi4:
unfortunately, you couldn't define "active play"....smh

I did not write the laws. undecided

Moving of the legs is active play.
VAR had a look and ruled offside/interference in play and penalised Everton according to the rule book!

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by staga: 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

Read the second offside law of interference. I posted it earlier.
Or goggle it .

He has never read the FIFA Rule Book. How can he know?
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by MYSTIC19(m): 5:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
United has started again..

2 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by invinzible1: 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
Davidganna10:
I am seriously praying for man city to win there appeal...I don't want to see man u qualify for champions league next season

You have a lot of things to pray for, but you are seriously willing to pray for what doesn't concern you, today, tomorrow and forever to happen.
Receivesensemybrother

4 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
masterflowx:

But e no go pain you reach me. I no eat yesterday night.
YNWA!!!

AHH!!! why a no go eat kwanu?? Na me dey colet the money ni abi na me dem wan win the trophy for??

Taaaahh, e don tey wey a don reduce my emotions about football jare, afterall dem no know if i exist grin

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
maynation:

That guy is a joke.grin

Sure.. grin but i want to save the meme for future purposes..

Probably, to show my yet to be born offsprings grin
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Expert17: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
This same Everton scored Man utd at Old Trafford by pushing De gea, ... VAR didn't cancel it....

So make we hear word cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by caprini1: 5:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
Skmoda360:

Even me as I'm watching the match I felt sick while watching Martial play.....lazy and useless.. grin
His facial expressions added to his uselessness can make someone break his TV set grin
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by openmine(m): 6:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Expert17:

Yes oo

Ighalo whyyyyyyy
Never call us VAR....
Una own robbing no be here....so una dey beg for draw soup after u don make mouth grin grin
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by openmine(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
Expert17:

Raising of leg to allow a ball pass, Is called dummy..... A unique skill in football.

See as u dey explain how una no lose...Chai see how united don fall yakata grin
No be 3-0 u talk? grin
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
The quality of officials handling car is worrisome... last week they gave a decision against Chelsea when celso should have seen red only to come back to say it was human error. so what's the usefulness of it? I wouldn't be surprised if another round of analysis and criticism they come to say that Goal should have stood. I think var should be scrapped in the EPl

1 Like

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Expert17: 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
openmine:

Never call us VAR....
Una own robbing no be here....so una dey beg for draw soup after u don make mouth grin grin

The truth is VAR favours Man utd and Liverpool so much this season cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by HundHunter(m): 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
Daylight robbery by Manchester United.

See them hiding ready to snatch victory at all cost through VAR.

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Hereignsinam: 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Richarlison was not involved in active play.

He was not trying to gain advantage

He did not interfere.

Very criminal.

What do you mean by not trying to gain advantage? what do you call removing his legs to allow the ball pass
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Glycosunde: 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

Comprehension.

Offside is one of the laws of association football, codified in Law 11 of the Laws of the Game. The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts, except the hands and arms, are in the opponents' half of the pitch, and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent is usually, but not necessarily, the goalkeeper).[1]

Being in an offside position is not an offence in itself, but a player so positioned when the ball is played by a teammate can be judged guilty of an offside offence if they become "involved in active play", "interfere with an opponent", or "gain an advantage" by being in that position.

I hope u know that if that goal had stood it would have been an own goal against maguire. So tell me how does a potential own goal is now ruled out as offside.
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Skmoda360(m): 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
caprini1:
His facial expressions added to his uselessness can make someone break his TV set grin
dude needs to be dropped so as to rearrange his football strategies...... undecided
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Pacesetter123(m): 6:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
extol1:

that is not robbing, the player was offside, he made an attempt to the goal
You wer actually following the game in LiveScore app.You didn't watch it.A very careful withdrawal of legs from the ball now means an attempt to you, right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Pacesetter123(m): 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
Expert17:

That raising of leg, is like a dummy......that will deceive anybody.....

That dummy is the interference we are talking about
U r not talking about anything!!!
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Expert17: 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
Pacesetter123:
U r not talking about anything!!!

Ok
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by openmine(m): 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
Expert17:

The truth is VAR favours Man utd and Liverpool so much this season cheesy cheesy cheesy
Why you dey like to lie nah? grin
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Dantedasz(m): 7:38pm On Mar 01, 2020
Glycosunde:

I hope u know that if that goal had stood it would have been an ow goal against maguire. So tell me how does a potential own goal is now ruled out as offside.

If you cannot understand rule 1 of the offside rules then I am afraid I can't help you.
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Pacesetter123(m): 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

The movement of his two legs to avoid the incoming ball is deemed to be interfering with play. Read the rules if you love the game.
Sadly most fans don't know the rules of association football. undecided

INTERFERENCE IN FOOTBALL.

Being in an offside position is not an offence in itself, but a player so positioned when the ball is played by a teammate can be judged guilty of an offside offence if they become "involved in active play", "interfere with an opponent", or "gain an advantage" by being in that position.
U defeated urself in ur own argument.If dodging of the ball to avoid contact with it is "interference" by ur submission,wot if he has made an attempt or even touch the ball thereby giving him an advantage.Wot will u av call dat one? "Un-interference"? Let's learn to speak the truth no matter de situation.If dat broad daylight robbery was meted to ur team,I don't think u wud av put up dis flimsy n weak defense u r doing now.
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by BabaO2: 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
Pacesetter123:
Last week against Watford,I said it dat it was only Cheater-chester utd dat bot VAR technology for England FA,de whole of dia short-sighted fans mentioned me up n down in dat thread.Today,I av bin vindicated.Own goal scored has now suddenly become offside in football.I pray God shud 4give me for talking trash against FIFA wen dey knowingly omitted England referees from the last world cup.
I am so pissed up right now watching EPL.If not for only one thing,I wud av switched allegiance wen it comes to club football support.
Dem wan package 4th position for ManU, shameless people.
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by Dantedasz(m): 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
Pacesetter123:
U defeated urself in ur own argument.If dodging of the ball to avoid contact with it is "interference" by ur submission,wot if he has made an attempt or even touch the ball thereby giving him an advantage.Wot will u av call dat one? "Un-interference"? Let's learn to speak the truth no matter de situation.If dat broad daylight robbery was meted to ur team,I don't think u wud av put up dis flimsy n weak defense u r doing now.

I did not write the 17 rules please. It is sad that football fans and even players watch and play this game and yet do NOT know or even understand the rules governing the game.
This is my last response to all these mentions.
1. Sigurdsson the player on the floor was offside when that ball was played and was guilty of contravention of the first rule of the offside law.
2. By moving his legs out of the trajectory of the ball he interfered with play and gained an advantage and thus contravened rule 2 of the offside law.
It is not rocket science, it is comprehension and interpretation of the offside law.
Please goggle it! undecided
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by kennyz247(m): 7:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
Expert17:

but the ball was deflected by maguin, which automatically render d offside void,or is there offside on back pass again?
Re: Everton Vs Manchester United (1 - 1 ) On 1st March 2020 by kennyz247(m): 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dantedasz:

Read the second offside law of interference. I posted it earlier. Or goggle it .
var na scam for England

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Sheffield United (2 - 0 ) On 2nd January 2020 / Chelsea Fan Dies After Lampard's city equalizer. / 5 Strong Reasons Why Chelsea Might Defeat Arsenal In The Community Shield

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.