Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Help With Building My Tiny Arms - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help With Building My Tiny Arms (868 Views)

South Africa Launches Spider-Like Robot With 4 Arms To Perform Surgeries / ‘My Brother Died In My Arms Due To LUTH's Negligence’, Man Reveals. Photos / Free At Last! Boy With Locked Arms Celebrate After Successful Surgery. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Building My Tiny Arms by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2020
Hello guys,

I need a bit of advice and recommendation... I am in need of a good protein supplement and a work out program.

My "small body status" is killing my self esteem especially when I am with my peers.

The funny thing is, I have good legs and thighs and I believe if I work on it, It will be very muscler same goes with my chest though, isn't that puffy yet, but I have the feeling that's it's going to build up...

Where the issue is, it's my arm.

I have a thin arm and tiny wrist because of it I don't wear wrist watch cos it keeps pulling off -thats to tell you guys how tiny my wrist are.

I am already doing the berbel curls and dumbel curls ... I do 12 set, 4 reps...I am seeing a little improvement to my biceps but it's too poor.

But nothing happened from my elbow down to my wrist- it's basically just the same.

Mind you, I use a local gym and currently I gym just Saturday and Sundays and I do press up doing week days.

To a certain degree, I feel that it's my bone structure, like I have a small skeletial frame but looking at other people in my neighborhood, I feel I have hope... My arm is basically just giving me concerns.

So I thought I either need a good workout program or I need to get a good protein supplement, but getting them have proven difficult, the one I saw yesterday, the price can literally kill. Jumia aint helping matters too.

please guys what do you recommend....

cc
PRISTINEMUSCLES

psst... a physician said I should take testerone for 2 months buti know better.
Re: Help With Building My Tiny Arms by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
wamiikechukwu:
Hello guys,

I need a bit of advice and recommendation... I am in need of a good protein supplement and a work out program.

My "small body status" is killing my self esteem especially when I am with my peers.

The funny thing is, I have good legs and thighs and I believe if I work on it, It will be very muscler same goes with my chest though, isn't that puffy yet, but I have the feeling that's it's going to build up...

Where the issue is, it's my arm.

I have a thin arm and tiny wrist because of it I don't wear wrist watch cos it keeps pulling off -thats to tell you guys how tiny my wrist are.

I am already doing the berbel curls and dumbel curls ... I do 12 set, 4 reps...I am seeing a little improvement to my biceps but it's too poor.

But nothing happened from my elbow down to my wrist- it's basically just the same.

Mind you, I use a local gym and currently I gym just Saturday and Sundays and I do press up doing week days.

To a certain degree, I feel that it's my bone structure, like I have a small skeletial frame but looking at other people in my neighborhood, I feel I have hope... My arm is basically just giving me concerns.

So I thought I either need a good workout program or I need to get a good protein supplement, but getting them have proven difficult, the one I saw yesterday, the price can literally kill. Jumia aint helping matters too.

please guys what do you recommend....

cc
PRISTINEMUSCLES

psst... a physician said I should take testerone for 2 months buti know better.

What is your age?
How tall are you?
how much do you weigh?
what weight dumbbells are you using
what is measurement of your flexed biceps?
what is measurement of your wrist?
Answer these questions and I will see if I can make some suggestion.
w
Re: Help With Building My Tiny Arms by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
Hmm.
From your post, I can reduce you are an ectomorph or what is commonly known as a hard gainer.
For a hard-gainer to pack a considerable amount of muscle-mass on his body-frame will require a deliberate and consistent effort.

1. Your diet must be on point. Since you are a hard-gainer, your carbs will be high. You must eat very well. I am not talking about junks but real foods.

2. You can make use of protein supplements like whey-protein. The one I make use of is below. It goes for 20,000 naira. But the effect is "mad".

3. Your work-outs should be basically compound exercises like squats, dead-lifts,bench-press, pulls-ups.

Re: Help With Building My Tiny Arms by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 12:12am On Feb 24, 2020
I can also deduce from your post, your desperation for Dwayne Johnson kind of biceps cheesy. You have to be patient. Rome was never built in a day.

You must try as much as possible to go as heavy as you can when working out with those barbells and dumbbells. Rather than go for volume, go for heavy reps. This is a strategy that has worked for virtually all hard-gainers.

You must lift 3 times in a week giving a day interval for rest. Press-ups can only do very little. Your free-weights should be your companion. Remember to maintain proper form when training or risk not only sustaining mechanical injury but also wasting your time in the gym.

You must rest well. It is only during a sound sleep that the muscles grow and never in the gym.

Run very fast from Anabolic steroids. God has given us men natural steroids in the form of testosterone hormones and the hormones are responsible for muscle development so there is no need for that.
Re: Help With Building My Tiny Arms by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 24, 2020
GenBuhari:

GenBuhari

What is your age? --23

How tall are you? --5ft 9in

how much do you weigh? -- 69kg

what weight dumbbells are you using --i can't say cos it's a local gym and the weight can be loaded but a rough estimate I would say 20kg

what is measurement of your flexed biceps? --I haven't measure that

what is measurement of your wrist? --i still haven't measure yet

Re: Help With Building My Tiny Arms by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

What is your age? --23

How tall are you? --5ft 9in

how much do you weigh? -- 69kg

what weight dumbbells are you using --i can't say cos it's a local gym and the weight can be loaded but a rough estimate I would say 20kg

what is measurement of your flexed biceps? --I haven't measure that

what is measurement of your wrist? --i still haven't measure yet

please get info you do not have to me e.g. measurements and dumbbell weight.
Re: Help With Building My Tiny Arms by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
Hmm.
From your post, I can reduce you are an ectomorph or what is commonly known as a hard gainer.
For a hard-gainer to pack a considerable amount of muscle-mass on his body-frame will require a deliberate and consistent effort.

1. Your diet must be on point. Since you are a hard-gainer, your carbs will be high. You must eat very well. I am not talking about junks but real foods.

2. You can make use of protein supplements like whey-protein. The one I make use of is below. It goes for 20,000 naira. But the effect is "mad".

3. Your work-outs should be basically compound exercises like squats, dead-lifts,bench-press, pulls-ups.

Thank you Mr PRISTINEMUSCLES,

1. I genrally cook my own cook as usually it is mainly carbohydrates eg rice, bread, garri etc.

2. N20,000 is a bit on the high side, but where did you get yours please.

3. for now i only do bench-press, i will start doing others ASAP
Re: Help With Building My Tiny Arms by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
GenBuhari:
please get info you do not have to me e.g. measurements and dumbbell weight.

to get the dumbbell weight will be almost impossible, remember, its a local gym so the weight are moulded using cements
Re: Help With Building My Tiny Arms by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
I can also deduce from your post, your desperation for Dwayne Johnson kind of biceps cheesy. You have to be patient. Rome was never built in a day.

You must try as much as possible to go as heavy as you can when working out with those barbells and dumbbells. Rather than go for volume, go for heavy reps. This is a strategy that has worked for virtually all hard-gainers.

You must lift 3 times in a week giving a day interval for rest. Press-ups can only do very little. Your free-weights should be your companion. Remember to maintain proper form when training or risk not only sustaining mechanical injury but also wasting your time in the gym.

You must rest well. It is only during a sound sleep that the muscles grow and never in the gym.

Run very fast from Anabolic steroids. God has given us men natural steroids in the form of testosterone hormones and the hormones are responsible for muscle development so there is no need for that.

basically i am not in a hurry, i just don't want to waste months doing the wrong thing in silent that was why i had to mention you for your advise.

well, i was doing lots of reps but i read in an article to go soft on the reps and go more sets.. but yesterday, when i went to gym, i added a weight to the usual i do carry and i worked to the point of exhaustion and i feel the impact.

but for the past days now, i notice or rather i feel that my left arm is building more than my right arm... is it normal?

usually i do gym only Saturday and Sunday but now, thanks to your advise, i have updated my program, i gym Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturday.

but i feel my protein intake from food is very very low, i need to eat more protein.
Re: Help With Building My Tiny Arms by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

basically i am not in a hurry, i just don't want to waste months doing the wrong thing in silent that was why i had to mention you for your advise.

well, i was doing lots of reps but i read in an article to go soft on the reps and go more sets.. but yesterday, when i went to gym, i added a weight to the usual i do carry and i worked to the point of exhaustion and i feel the impact.

but for the past days now, i notice or rather i feel that my left arm is building more than my right arm... is it normal?

usually i do gym only Saturday and Sunday but now, thanks to your advise, i have updated my program, i gym Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturday.

but i feel my protein intake from food is very very low, i need to eat more protein.

Okay,
If you noticed your left arm getting bigger than your right arm, the following could be the reasons

1. The barbells or dumbbells you are lifting has the left plates slightly heavier than the right plates

2. If number 1 is not the reason then you are not taking a proper form while lifting and if you continue with this, mechanical injury would be knocking on the door.

3. You let your left hand do more of the pumping than your right arm. The weight must be evenly distributed.

The reason why we take protein supplements is to augment our daily diet. You complained of not taking enough protein. So you either up your daily dietary protein intake or take protein supplements
Re: Help With Building My Tiny Arms by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2020
wamiikechukwu:

Thank you Mr PRISTINEMUSCLES,

1. I genrally cook my own cook as usually it is mainly carbohydrates eg rice, bread, garri etc.

2. N20,000 is a bit on the high side, but where did you get yours please.

3. for now i only do bench-press, i will start doing others ASAP

1. You will need to include beans, fish, chicken or turkey. Basically white meats. Minimize your beef(red meat) intake

2. A reputable pharmacy.

3. Very necessary you begin doing other exercises but never you neglect the compound exercises.

NO PAIN
NO GAIN

(1) (Reply)

Face Mask Now Cost #150,000 On JUMIA (photos) / How Early Can A Baby Be Seen On A Scan? / sssdfssfsA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.