Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. (1267 Views)

Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? / Nigerian Young Man Finds Love In The Arms Of White Grandma / A Grandma's Love *pic* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by HTownEve(f): 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2010
What do you remember about your mom and/or your favorite grandma?

Mom: She was strict, yet very gentle, loving and kind. She was elegant and her egusi soup was to die for. tongue

Maternal Grandma: Very loving and Kind. Her ogbono soup was dah best. tongue She carried herself with so much pride. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9EIRBb4BAQ
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by Woke4all(m): 5:19pm On Dec 17, 2010
shocked *crying*
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by HTownEve(f): 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2010
I beg non cry naw.
Tell us about mama. grin
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by Woke4all(m): 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2010
GRANDMA Whenever we drive to the village, Grandma had two
things waiting for us upon
arrival:  a sack full of fruits,  and a big pot of thick melon soup.

We called it Grandma’s Stone
Soup because it had everything
in it:  bits of meat, fish, cray fish, onions and some stuffs we don't even know about. etc

Sometimes we even drive to the village just to eat grandma's food.
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by HTownEve(f): 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2010
Awww, that's sweet. grin grin grin
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by vanitty: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2010
Grandma, she was the loveliest woman in the world. I loved her so much,we were friends, real friends. Even with the cultural and age difference.

Momo was a big business woman, she had two shops in Ilorin , one selling bags of rice, beans, garri e.t.c and the other selling pack of frozen turkey, chicken, fish e.t.c. I remember in those days,anytime I go to her shop, she will give me 500 naira food money during lunch hour to go and eat  and I could get rice, beans and meat for just 10 naira in those days lol

I have so many good memories of my momo, she was so protective of me - especially if i follow her to the village, and she was a very good cook but I remember she use to put "iru" -  i think it is called melon seed in almost all her food , stew, jollof rice, soup o . She made the best kunu as well and her favorite snacks to eat were "asala" , kolanut and waara (cheese - sort off).

She has a space in my heart forever, her  picture is the centrepiece in my home
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2010
Paternal Grandma: am indifferent to her. I have more bad memories of her than good. But I still love her. May she live longer.
Maternal Grandma: I only  remember seeing her like 5 times in my whole 20-something life. But she is cool, just like my mom. I love her too. Many more years to you.
My mum: May God continue to rest her soul. It's 2 months now that she went to be with the Lord. I miss her every moment. She is never tired of cooking for me, even at this age. She always pray for me. She is my gossip partner. I can go on and on,  She the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you mum. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by HTownEve(f): 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2010
Awwwwww. Mine have gone to be with the Lord too. sad
I always miss them more during the holidays which is why I started this thread. RIP Mom and Grandma. I miss you both soooooooooo much. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2010
HTown Eve:

Awwwwww. Mine have gone to be with the Lord too. sad
I always miss them more during the holidays which is why I started this thread. RIP Mom and Grandma. I miss you both soooooooooo much. kiss kiss kiss

I know its very painful
May God comfort you (and me too)
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by InkedNerd(f): 8:45am On Dec 20, 2010
This thread is making me cry. I was with a guy who's mother passed away when he was young and at times I wonder what he feels when holidays roll by, especially Mother's Day. When he talks about his mom, I just wanna hold him in my arms because although she passed away when he was young, I can tell it still hurts him cry  cry.

I love both my grandmother and my mother cry.
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by ifyalways(f): 9:27am On Dec 20, 2010
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by HTownEve(f): 12:02am On Dec 21, 2010
mydreamz:

I know its very painful
May God comfort you (and me too)

Amen to that. smiley
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by HTownEve(f): 12:05am On Dec 21, 2010
@ Ink_Nerd; I know what you mean. It is a very touchy subject.
Thank God for strength. cool
I always advise friends to cherish their parents and loved ones while they still have the chance.
Re: Sweet Mama/grandma, I Non Wow Forget You. by Woke4all(m): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2011
shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Be The Only Person You'd Save In This Scenario? / It Is Legal / Why Do Pregnant Women Look Sexy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.