Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Should I Root My Phone Or Not? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should I Root My Phone Or Not? (1522 Views)

Before You Sell That Phone Or Give It Out: A Must Read!!! / Why You Must Not Press Your Phone Or Answer Call On The Road (Photos) / How Can I Root My Tecno Camon Cm Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Hoyindarmolar(f): 7:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
I'm a person who likes to modify and tweak my phone.
I got into this habit of mine when I used my first android which was an LG device. Like the phone allows you to tweak your phone to your heart desire. I always modded my phone a lot back then..
So the screen broke last year and I couldn't find the part (sob,sob) so I got a new device from another brand. (Tecno)
I'm not sure if they support developer access like lg does sad

Please should I root it? Have you or anyone you know rooted his/her device?

Please comment
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Precixx(m): 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
Rooting your phone is a 50-50 risk, you'll have to use your phone cautiously or else, problems will arise, and u have ways of restoring yr phone when problem arises, then you can go ahead

Rooting ur phone for customization, is not worth the risk tho, but u can still go on if u want
I have been using my rooted phone for a year and half now, I've only encounter problem twice (Bricked my phone by accident)

Besides which tecno phone are u using
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by LordOfTheWeed: 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2020
Do People still root phones? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Precixx(m): 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
LordOfTheWeed:
Do People still root phones? undecided
Why not?
I can't stay without rooting my phone
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Hoyindarmolar(f): 8:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
Precixx:
Rooting your phone is a 50-50 risk, you'll have to use your phone cautiously or else, problems will arise, and u have ways of restoring yr phone when problem arises, then you can go ahead

Rooting ur phone for customization, is not worth the risk tho, but u can still go on if u want
I have been using my rooted phone for a year and half now, I've only encounter problem twice (Bricked my phone by accident)

Besides which tecno phone are u using
Pouvoir 3 please

How can I protect my rooted phone?
I just wanna tweak the launcher and font. And might flash another kernel on it
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Deucalion(m): 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
We are at an age where you don’t need to tweek your phone to get certain features , where you can do a lot using adb command
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Precixx(m): 1:03am On Feb 25, 2020
Hoyindarmolar:

Pouvoir 3 please

How can I protect my rooted phone?
I just wanna tweak the launcher and font. And might flash another kernel on it

Installing a custom recovery
Having a nandroid backup of ur full phone after rooting (usually 7-15gb of space needed)
Having ur Stock rom at hand
And having PC
If u have all these, you can recover from any damage you encounter after rooting your phone
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by obi58: 4:17am On Feb 25, 2020
Rooting of phones is for poor people because basically all the effort at modification/tweaking of the device is to be able to maximise output from the phone.

I wonder if someone will try to root a Samsung note 10 for example or a Redmi K30 or any flagship phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 25, 2020
obi58:
Rooting of phones is for poor people because basically all the effort at modification/tweaking of the device is to be able to maximise output from the phone.

I wonder if someone will try to root a Samsung note 10 for example or a Redmi K30 or any flagship phone.
Developers would root it

1 Like

Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by kennyflames(m): 10:02am On Feb 25, 2020
Never Root A Samsung phone
They regularly update their software
And might crash rooted phones
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Hoyindarmolar(f): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
kennyflames:
Never Root A Samsung phone
They regularly update their software
And might crash rooted phones
I don't use samsung
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by sureinfo: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
i will advice against rooting so you dont have issues when it comes to updating
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by AmosAkins: 6:16am On Feb 26, 2020
Try using rooting apps or rooting apps on pc
I wont advice flashing as that may crash the phone
If they dont work
That is a hint that rooting ur phone may be risky
But rooting comes with a whole lot benefits.If you do it once...You cant go back
Tecno phones are easier to root na?
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by CirocBoi(m): 6:19am On Feb 26, 2020
I rooted my redmi note 7 ,installed twrp and magisk.... Also flushed out Xiaomi official ROM and installed miui 11 based on Android 10 EU ROM, ever since my phone have been a super beast thanks to magisk and it's countless modules. To root Tecno is trash tho because of the mtk processor

5 Likes

Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by CirocBoi(m): 6:24am On Feb 26, 2020
sureinfo:
i will advice against rooting so you dont have issues when it comes to updating

No issues, the only problem op will face is lack of custom ROM for his device.
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by CirocBoi(m): 6:31am On Feb 26, 2020
obi58:

Go to XDA and see mods for note10 and S10... stop misleading people, So developers who makes mods for their Asus Rog phone 2 or S10 or huawei are poor? Let me school you the redmi k20 pro has thermal throttling once your phone gets hot your games starts dropping frame rate, to eliminate such there is a magisk module that unlocks and remove the thermal throttling feature from the device, root is not for poor people .... Rooting gives you full access to your device, something your oem doesn't give to you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by gogeekish(m): 1:04pm On Feb 26, 2020
The decision is yours Bro.

Can you help me decide which color to spray my car?

I guess no
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Precixx(m): 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
CirocBoi:

No issues, the only problem op will face is lack of custom ROM for his device.
Exactly. Tecno and infinix phone lack custom roms, the one you'll see will have one issue or the other
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by CirocBoi(m): 6:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
Precixx:

Exactly. Tecno and infinix phone lack custom roms, the one you'll see will have one issue or the other

Useless ROMs , if you like rooting and flashing custom ROMs just avoid mtk devices, even redmi note 8 pro has serious issues with magisk e.g u lose root for no reason, sudden bootloop, bricked devices e.t.c
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by korban3134(m): 10:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hoyindarmolar:
I got into this habit of mine when I used my first android which was an LG device. Like the phone allows you to tweak your phone to your heart desire. I always modded my phone a lot back then..
So the screen broke last year and I couldn't find the part (sob,sob) so I got a new device from another brand. (Tecno)

Please comment

I honestly don't advise rooting Tecno
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Hoyindarmolar(f): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
korban3134:

I have changed my mind
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Hoyindarmolar(f): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
korban3134:

I have changed my mind
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Mohbola(f): 10:55pm On Feb 29, 2020
Hoyindarmolar:

Please comment

Why root it sef
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Deicide: 11:18am On Mar 01, 2020
CirocBoi:
I rooted my redmi note 7 ,installed twrp and magisk.... Also flushed out Xiaomi official ROM and installed miui 11 based on Android 10 EU ROM, ever since my phone have been a super beast thanks to magisk and it's countless modules. To root Tecno is trash tho because of the mtk processor
is it safe to update a rooted Xiaomi device?

1 Like

Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by CirocBoi(m): 11:35am On Mar 01, 2020
Deicide:
is it safe to update a rooted Xiaomi device?

No, u will end up with a bricked device
Re: Should I Root My Phone Or Not? by Breastfeed: 12:56am On Mar 05, 2020
Precixx:

Why not?
I can't stay without rooting my phone

Is it an android phone like tecno?

(1) (Reply)

Google Pixel 2 Xl 128gb For 40k / I Want To Swap My Infinix S4 6gb Ram+20k With Iphone 7+ / Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.