Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Man Utd Fan Invited To Old Trafford After Letter To Klopp - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Fan Invited To Old Trafford After Letter To Klopp (468 Views)

10 Year-old Man Utd Fan Invited To Old Trafford After Klopp Letter / Heartbroken Man Utd Fan Burns His Jersey After Transfer Deadline Day (video) / Sir Alex Ferguson Gives Arsene Wenger A Vase On His Last Game At Old Trafford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Utd Fan Invited To Old Trafford After Letter To Klopp by EbukaHades10(m): 9:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
Daragh Curley wrote to Jurgen Klopp, asking if it would be possible for the team to lose some games so they would not win the league.

The 10-year-old, from County Donegal, was shocked when he received a personal reply from the Liverpool boss.

Manchester United said the club was proud to have fans like Daragh.
"That's brilliant news. The atmosphere at Old Trafford will be great," said Daragh shortly after hearing the news of his visit.
"My friends are going to be really jealous."

In the letter, Daragh, who counts goalkeeper David de Gea and midfielder Bruno Fernandes as his favourite players, wrote: "Liverpool are winning too many games.
"If you win nine more games then you have the best unbeaten run in English football. Being a United fan that is very sad.
"So the next time Liverpool play, please make them lose."
Klopp replied, praising Daragh's passion, but explaining Liverpool could not drop points on his behalf.

The letter "caught the eye" of bosses at Manchester United, who have invited Daragh and his family to Old Trafford.

"It was a novel attempt to derail Liverpool's Premier League campaign," the spokesperson said.
"We are very proud that we have fans like Daragh supporting us."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-51590230

Re: Man Utd Fan Invited To Old Trafford After Letter To Klopp by Bewiseedet(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
If its Naija my father for beat that devil comot from my body.
He will be like I send u go school u come dey write letter, idiot ...u no go kee me.

2 Likes

Re: Man Utd Fan Invited To Old Trafford After Letter To Klopp by namiji2598: 2:21am On Feb 25, 2020
Oyibo too make sense I swear, In naija, Nigerian coaches no go even read ur letter

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

West Ham Vice Chairman Calls For Premier League To Be Cancelled - Goal.com / Shanghai Shenhua Offers Ighalo N176 Million A Week To Block A Permanent Utd Move / Tuesday Sports Motivation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.